Broke Fat Kid in a Candy Store Having a Panic Attack

Hey it’s BoDarc story time! I’m a little wound up, maybe sharing will help me feel better because I’m feeling like a fat kid in a Candy Store with no $$ and candy is about to be banned in 5 weeks. I’m on DIY-pause because as many of you know I’m in the process of selling my home and the lab gear is all packed up. Also, this is someone else’s house (almost) so I have to keep everything squeaky clean until I depart …which is now less than 2 weeks away.

As I push up against the FDA Deeming deadline my BullCityVapor Wishlist is over 110 flavors and that doesn’t include Medicine Flower and Real Flavors on another list. That’s the Panic Attack part. My proceeds have to become available before I can order all my Vapocalyse goods [breathing in-out of brown paper lunch bag]. Being old and cynical I know how these best-laid-plans can go horribly wrong.

So either I’m going to blow up VapeMail or… maybe moving in with @Amy2 and her husband as she clearly has the most flavors :wink: Ok ok jokes, I’m pretty sure my wife has other plans which don’t include my DIY panic. So while I’m getting prepared in advance, I have to thank ALL OF YOU for all the great recipes and flavor reviews and “which is the best…” etc threads here on ELR. You made it possible …and FUN!

If there are any Vendors out there who want to make a special deal I’m (almost) ready to buy. …and to all the fine folks at BullCityVapor, you will be getting those Christmas bonuses this year …you are welcome. (again these are jokes, don’t PM me at the end of December asking me where your friggin’ Xmas bonus is :wink: )

11 Likes

Nicotine river usually gets the bulk of all my money.

4 Likes

me too. /10char

2 Likes

@BoDarc, you don’t have to worry about flavors. Think they’re gonna take away your flavoring for your cake icing and snowcones? Hell no. People should be thinking of equipment shortage in 3 years time and also the price of nicotine and/or the FDA continuing to allow availability of nicotine to non business. Your flavors will be available, don’t fret that…

4 Likes

You know there will be
4th of July codes coming soon!!!

3 Likes

well that’s the main panic as I’ll be picking up some hardware too but it’ll be like a week later (after the 4th). I say we see a whole lotta hardware sales in the next month! It’s happening NOW

That’s what I’m waiting for!!

1 Like

@BoDarc Well, as I am always the delinquent black sheep, if you don’t get a
grip, pull your camo boxers out of your ass yourself, I will come do it [or pay your Mrs to]
She would have more fun, but I would/will video it [but have someone else post it]
This is Y2K all over again, but much worse. BE VERY AWARE, there are mfg’s pumping shit
out like diarrhea, QC has gone to hell, and the sales are on.
What good is it to stock up on 1000 new items/devices at incredible sales prices…only to
have 50% of them reliable?
Buy parts for what you have…if you don’t have enough already. If not, find as many as you can
on fasttech and make a big order…might cost you $100 for a HUGE bag of goodies.
Panic creates mental chaos, and reactions to it dents the shit out of your wallet. You would be
better off investing in toilet paper instead of junk vape hardware, and your Mrs will have more
money for shoes, or whatever her thing is, and less on your ass [maybe, no guarantee].
I can’t use the words, but remember just a couple of years ago…what happened with the
prepper panic and the little [hit the snare drum on the rim with the drumstick] brass things?
These mfg’s are freaking to get rid of stuff, to their benefit. Your panic [and all others involved]
just enhances their wallet, and does the opposite to yours.
As a friend, I suggest you focus on parts to maintain what you already have, and I am sure you
have enough to survive this [V2K][or whatever it will be labeled], and on the transition with the sale of your home.
New and possibly junk hardware…versus parts to maintain what you have, and some consumables that may come under fire…that’s where I would spend my dollars.
It would not be the end of the world if I had to live with only a single coil sub-ohm build in a Subtank [because I know how to make it enjoyable] …it would be better than standing in line for a roll of toilet paper that had to last the whole family a month. [did I go too far?]

6 Likes

Thanks I needed that… bellylaugh!

2 Likes

@BoDarc
You know I love you, right?

3 Likes

huggin’ it out …I think I need a tincture

2 Likes

I can make that…I just need your shoe size.[and your Mrs cell # for vital specifics]

3 Likes

mine to lately except those flavors they don’t carry , ECX is still getti g that money

that’s right ty for the reminder I am now putting off an order

This is sage advice but it always makes me think of movies. Like for obvious reasons, Mad Max and Waterworld. But also Armageddon - you know, the one where Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck save the world from a killer asteroid? Not the whole feat of magnificent heroism, rather the part with the Russian aboard the space station banging on the control panel with a wrench! Hey if we didn’t have to patch our equipment with staples and duct tape it wouldn’t be the Vapocalypse.

1 Like

Don’t know if I said this here, or to my buddy but I warned to not buy NEW items coming out between now and doomsday (August 8). Like you said they are being rushed to market so should the grandfather date be changed the item will already be in the marketplace. HOWEVER I see no reason not to buy already proven mods and tanks you know you like and want to continue to have. What’s gonna start happening now is a lot of companies are gonna start discontinuing a lot of mods and other items in favor of these units such as the Aio. They seem to think this is the kind of unit the FDA will approve. I’m already told the eleaf Istick 40wtc is being discontinued. I can not confirm it’s ELEAF themselves that are doing the discontinuing cause I only heard this from a distributor and not from the horses mouth. I’m a little POed about it cause there are many that do not want high power subohm stuff since their lungs are so bad not to mention it was the least expensive yet reliable unit on the market. So again, my advice is to stock up on the MUST HAVE items and stay away from the new till bugs are worked out. If you don’t stock up on the items you like and want to continue to have, you may find they will be discontinued. AND, by all means stock up on parts to repair them…

3 Likes

I’m well stocked on Aromamizers and Sub-Tank Minis with lots of spare o-rings but wish I could find complete o-ring sets for the Boreas. There are so freakin many…

1 Like

That’s one real nice thing about Kanger, you can find nearly anything you need to repair them. Too bad others don’t have as much availability of parts…

Has anybody watched this video that @Beaufort_Batches posted?

http://www.c-span.org/video/?410473-1/american-enterprise-institute-hosts-discussion-ecigarettes&start=3424

Some areas in the country are already imposing tax on Ecigarettes and there are two house bills introduced to tax Ecigarettes. The crap is already starting to fly and the damn regs have not even taken affect yet. You ask should I stock up? Damn well better while you can still afford it…

3 Likes

These elected bums can’t beat the NRA so they will attack [what they think] is some other freedom where folks are weaker [their evaluation, not mine]. All of them are making money…but they have an incurable disease and think they always need some agenda that preys on other Americans. Their weenies are so limp that they need to feel some power just to masturbate.
Illegal to catch rain water…WTF? Who sat around and thought that shit up?..but the worst part is ‘why’.

Everyone, not just vapers, or xxx owners, or _______'s, needs to watch Braveheart, and if it didn’t rack your soul and mind…then watch it over and over until it does.
The power agenda has been here for centuries…history keeps repeating itself…and so many just become so complacent that they never see it coming…AGAIN.
This country was initiated on anti-greed, anti-power tripping, anti-everything that removed the slightest hair of God-given freedom…and how did that go?
Didn’t take long before we new Americans caught the same disease that this country was founded for, and abused anyone in our way to get what we wanted.
At least the fore-fathers gave us the Constitution…we still have some mud to stand in, for now.
I hated history classes in Jr High and high school , and NEVER made a grade above an F, it was boring and I had NOW things on my mind. Probably a good thing as I was growing and developing myself and my mind, to be somewhat neutral in thinking [NOT liberal] and not weighed down taking sides…
But for decades now, I have researched history, and what I have found is alarming, frightening, idiotic, wasteful, shit could I go on…
Do you believe in karma ? Maybe not the Bible [Christian], but fate for your actions? [even though you personally did not participate] Maybe a society can be held responsible for their actions as a whole.
I can’t fathom GOD, but then again, even as an engineer, I can’t fathom a hummingbird and how awesome and beautiful they are…and two rocks colliding in space did NOT create them.
Well, as fukd up as my mind is, I will not impose any more of it on you, Brother. [at this time] I still pray for you though,
this fall is going to affect you more than me. Don’t tell anyone, I still love ya.

3 Likes