Bull City Flavors rant

I take advantage when I can. I live on $1548.00 a month less taxes. I got property taxes and have to eat too. A 100.00 order would be excessive.

8 Likes

An $89 order minus 15% would be $75.65, which would still qualify for free shipping. Actually, an $88.24 order minus 15% would be right there at $75.00. Both before sales tax, of course. So not that much more than the just-over $75 you had before the coupon. Depending on the shipping you selected, that money could have made the difference, or not much more. I know what you mean, though. I live on less than you per month, but without taxes taken out, and it’s just me, no kids living with me anymore, and my mortgage was selected to be comfortably within my range. My home is exempted from property tax, so I have that going for me, too. And I do have some savings for things like this. I’m glad you didn’t take my joke seriously or as an insult, or I hope you didn’t. I wish you and your family all the best. Happy New Year!

And thanks for mentioning the coupon code, @mjag ! I did not get an email about it so I would have missed it.

6 Likes

Good morning, maybe I can clear the air here a bit, as mentioned in our communications there are many reasons why we can’t stock every brand, and without throwing companies under the bus or overstepping my boundaries by saying more than I can, for the most part, a lot of brands just can’t meet our requirements as an FDA registered food facility manufacture. There is a laundry list of boxes to check before a brand can be considered such as food safety plans, facility inspections, FSVP and HACCP etc we must be able to obtain an SDS and a COA for every single flavor on every single order we place and a host of other things. If a company can not provide this or does not wish to provide this then we can’t offer their brand. We would LOVE to stock every flavor under sun we just have to be able to guarantee a quality product.

Flavors have to sell as well lol some manufacturers have crazy MOQs that DIY simply can’t hold up and with our standards, ALOT of flavoring gets tossed throughout the year to ensure customers receive the freshest possible bottle on every order. Flavors do not go bad or rancid but we do have our own set of standards and if a manufacturer MOQ is 5 gallons per flavor and we can’t sell a 16oz a year in 10mls we can’t justify the purchase. Some places can get away with holding stock for years on end and have no problem selling you a 3-year-old bottle of flavoring but we can’t and wouldn’t do that. There is so much involved in producing a single bottle of flavoring I could go on all day about it.

We do appreciate everyone’s input and encourage customers to come to us with questions, comments, and suggestion and if there is any way we can make things happen then we do.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and a happy new year!

23 Likes

I can only imagine @wllmc

Well THAT, really says a LOT about BCF.

Again …

@wllmc I appreciate you taking the time to chime in, and give us another PEEK at what is behind the curtain so to speak, as to what’s really involved in supplying flavors to the masses.

12 Likes

Thank you, William! That’s what I call an explanation! Thanks for making enough of the reasons clear and understandable to easily accept. I could have never known there were so many considerations. I tip my hat to you, Sir. You are always so helpful with question/issue tickets. You even handled my request for a 4oz bottle of FLV Raspberry when after I bought the last 30ml in stock, and you did it quickly. I was really hoping that BCF had enough in stock to do it for me.

I’ll tell the world just how helpful, cooperative and caring your support is by going into detail and pulling all the strings you can to fulfill requests. BCF has a 5-Pack of 30ml PET Chubby Gorilla Bottle for $1.95 and I would have had to buy 15 of them to get the 75 bottle minimum I wanted. That would have cost $29.25, but you told me about the 100-Pack (which I didn’t see for some reason, or maybe it was added after this) for $28 so I snapped it up. I use them to store working flavors from larger bottles and had though to use them to carry my recipes when I’m out, but haven’t yet. I thank you and BCF for everything you do for us and for doing it so well. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.

14 Likes

Yeah, Will is alright.

11 Likes

Thanks for coming by @wllmc and giving us some insight. We all have BCF’S best interests at heart- and appreciate you guys. Thanks again Bud!! :metal::metal::metal:

11 Likes

I know this is old news but I just had to go somewhere to say it. I havent ordered from bcf in a long while. How are they so good? I ordered on the 25th. And got it today. The 28th. I live on the opposite coast. Its almost suspicious how amazing they are.

12 Likes

Their fast, i ordered this last Monday and received it Friday, yesterday, Their shipping price has went up three-four bucks UPS But their fast

9 Likes

@Fordf150_Angelo… You selling anything these days?! Every time you post something, I feel as if I’m stealing if from you!! :innocent:

5 Likes

Yeah and I just went with standard shipping. And worked for usps for a few years so I know first hand how inefficient they are lol but bcf must just have some kinda magic going on. Ive ordered things from mynown state thay didnt get here this fast.

8 Likes

Who hasn’t? Went to DIY in Canada. Went to order 3 30mm bottles. Shipping was more than the product.

7 Likes

:rofl: I still have a lot of stuff, just haven’t posted in a while but now that we have some new people in the group i may get a list together again. I haven’t gotten to much new stuff lately, just working and trying to keep my head above water :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

They have alien technoogy or a wormhole that allows them to bend the time-space continuum.
I’m willing to bet they know what I need before I do. :alien:

9 Likes

Ha!!! Too funny @Lostmarbles

6 Likes

I have been using BCF for almost 7 years and we should all have this problem when we shop for gear and supplies.

8 Likes

I placed a BCF order at 7:44am Sat. and a VSO order at 9:57 Sat. The VSO order shipped at 2:53pm today (Sun)
BCF is slipping :rofl:

5 Likes

Betcha $10 BCF arrives first!!

6 Likes

Shipped doesn’t mean out the door and picked up. It means pick, packaged, waiting for pickup with a notification to to the trucking company. USPS may pickup by end of day Monday. My bets on a tie for you getting your product.

4 Likes

VSO may not win this rodeo, but he damn sure won the calf roping :grin:

7 Likes