BurleyTiramisu mix advice

Hi all,
This is my work in progess adv recipe, Toffee coffee cake tobacco.
Trying to get a full bodied tobacco as main note, with toffee on the exhale, and coffee cake after taste. Shooting for a sweet burly tobacco that is not to earthy and dry.

The tobacco doesnt seem to be coming through very well, and the tiramisu seems to not be as strong as Id like. I tried increasing both but it didnt come out to well. Even though rich cin is noted as very potent, I cant really taste it. Id prefer to keep it low percentage, these flavors are pretty dark.

Open to sudgestions, cheers!
recipe

my stash

6 Likes

I’d suggest dropping the Red Burley to a max of 0.45% and the Mild Tobacco to 0.65%. It would also be sensible to take the Toffee down a bit to around 0.45 - 0.55%, with the Rich Cinnamon also dropping to 0.08%

I can’t advise on the Aged Burley or Tiramisu: Never used them. Although, I could see Caramel Mocha (VTA) and Toffee Ice Cream (VTA) working with 0.15% Connecticut Shade.

7 Likes

Gotcha, maybe too much is muting it. The Cshade from flv? think i have some of that left, pretty potent stuff. The caramel mocha does come out a bit burnt, guess ill play with it at low %, thanks for the tips. Ive found the stixxmix to be a slow steeper, sort of gives the delayed gratification of a pipe vibe.

5 Likes

I tend to give most of the Flavorah tobaccos a month to marry together properly.

Yep, the Connecticut Shade is Flavorah.

I just whipped up a blend based around your ideas. I doesn’t exactly match your stash but should give you a better idea of percentages for these concentrates.

8 Likes

Nice! My %s were def too high. That toffee icecream is a good one. Im always out of it lol

8 Likes

Maybe you want to consider up to 0.75% FA Up for the coffee cake. It needs a two weeks steeping but could be a better choice than the Tiramisu.
I haven’t tried it with Tobacco but in other combinations and it gave a nice coffee cake at low percentages.

9 Likes

I concur on the Toffee Ice Cream but personally I wouldn’t even bother with the Mild tobacco (FLV). I don’t have experience with the Aged Burley (Stixx Mixx) but FLV Red Burley is a fav of mine. Cardinal by Fear uses a great combo of Red Burley (FLV) 0.75% paired with Kentucky Blend (FLV) 0.25%. Have you thought of using a black coffee like Brazilian Coffee (SC) (WF) or Espresso (VSO)? Being a coffee lover, those two are always in my rotation. There will be no mistaken the presence of coffee. If you prefer to keep the cinnamon subdued you can get a cake flavor with a touch of cinnamon using Baked Cinnamon Roll (OSDIY). Are you in the states? A couple of those flavors might be hard to get overseas?

ETA: If so, CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl will do at around 2% but you might need to boost the cake with something. Yellow Cake (JF) might do it for you but I’ve never vaped the juice you’re talking about so it’s hard to guess.

6 Likes

I mess a lot around with baccos, you all know that in Italy is a hype, so I mix and do my own extraction, and coffees, well… you know italians.
With that kind of profile from my point of view @SteveTC is right, FA Dark bean paired with a decent cookie, is a lot better then FA Tiramisu, that practically has got no coffee in it, ot just a useless dash. DB has to be kept very low, but it’ll come out in the long run and a lot better.
IMHO Burley is going to get killed by strong flavours like coffees and butterscotch and it defo won’t shine, you’ll have to go with stronger tobaccos, like Kentucky, cigars and the like.
Itt was so funny reading this 3d, coz I’m just helping some friends on cloning a very similar profile, here is the 3d, it’s in italian, but you can see the recipes, and use a translator, it’ll give you some hints.

Ricetta - Clone Tnt Goo Plosion - Sigaretta Elettronica Forum

Here’s my first draft.

Instead of the layer Maxx Blend/Black Fire, that it’s there because we are “cloning” the OG, you might go for FLV Red Burley, a fav of mine, but has to balanced correctly, start at .75, can be paired with KY or Sweet Cigarette, if you want it ashy or a great classic… Milk and honey it’ll mellow all the recipe out.

On my recipe I also did a few variations using a Cohiba Siglo II, and Tuscan Reserve by FA,
just to see where it can go with stronger flavors and it kept a good balance.
Sttep, I used my own GC, but expect around 15/20 days to steep, all flavours that need it!!

6 Likes

Thanks for the ideas all. Lots of info to sort through and try out much appreciated =)

5 Likes

Was this based on a commercial juice you’ve had in the past? If so, what’s the name of it?

3 Likes

Impressive Frank.

3 Likes

Na, havent used comercial juice for a few years. Just trying to combine my favorite types of flavors with a tobacco. Usually do tobaccos in the fall season. Testing out a mix based on sudgestion now. Kind of digging this cin danish swirl, added some native flv, with panut butter and jungle flavors biscuit. I think that tiramisu fa was muting everything else.

4 Likes

Which cigar flavor would pair best with Toffee flv? Going to try the KY and Red burley combo next. Should I take the milk and honey out? it does seem a bit strong.

3 Likes

I remember being disappointed in Tiramisu. I used to use CDS with a Cavendish NET years ago and really liked the combo. Good luck on your mix. Sounds like it’s coming along. Just wondering, have you ever used Cuban Supreme (FA)? Not sure if it would be strong enough for you but it’s got a nice flavor that works well with bakeries and creams.

3 Likes

Thanks, havent tried that tobacco yet. Ill have to try it =)

4 Likes

You already have C. Shade, so I’d suggest Ash Cigar (Molinberry) to go with it. Again you only need small amounts of this one too.

3 Likes

The C shade is a bit funky to me, not really the sort of tobacco I like. Im sure its a quality flavor that is good for mixing, but I get this weird soysause vibe. Prefer sweeter ones. One of my first juices I bought back in the day was a juice called QUIT Burley, and I never could figure out what they used to make it. Pretty strong sweet earthy taste with a hint of caramel.

s

2 Likes

If you do, here’s a popular mix by Fear that you can purchase on BCF at a discount when you buy it from the Community Recipes section:

Here’s the other popular mix by him using Flavorah baccos:

Other mixers have used this trio to create their own versions like this one by Tam Vapes:

5 Likes

Trying out that Cardinal , that is some good stuff.

3 Likes

Thanks for giving that idea of the peanut butter SquirrelSmash. It works super good with the bacco!!!

3 Likes