Butter Pecan?

a shot in the dark here, but.

anyone good with Butter Pecan ? i have a bottle from FW and it smells yummy.
i made some with caramel a while back and remember it not being good, but that could have been my %'s. thanx

4 Likes

i just found this. i don’t have the last 4, but i think i have close subs.
bad thing is, this is a 6 y/o recipe.

DIY DaMomma’s PecaNilla ejuice recipe :: e-Liquid Calculator (e-liquid-recipes.com)

3 Likes

Try just mixing it with the cinnamon danish roll and a bit of butter cream. That should give you a sense of the pecan itself and how it works in a bakery mix. Personally I would nail the cake/icing base before trying it with the pecan. The pecan could potentially muddy the mix so you wouldn’t be sure what was a bit off on the cake end.

4 Likes

Don’t worry about it being a 2016 recipe. Make your first recipe at 10-15ml tho and not 100ml. From the first batch you can decide if it needs adjustments. For the flavors used 15-16% is very reasonable.

5 Likes

yeah. but the gear used back then was quite different. was there even Claptons back then ? that is well before my time, sadly

4 Likes

Ask @SessionDrummer uses for coils today. Simple one wire wrap. It’s the recipe that gives the flavor. And yes many mixers used RDA’s at the time.

5 Likes

ok, i just went though my flavors. i have the first 2. 2 other the same, but different brands. and 2 others that, to me, seem similar. so, ima give it a go !
i’l make a 20 and see what happens in a week.

4 Likes

all right, here it is, with my subs.

3 Likes

this is what i copied.

3 Likes

Yes, there were Claptons back in 2016.

3 Likes

I’m looking for a Butter Pecan for my Popcorn mix and just got Pralines (FLV) per Sprksfly’s recommendation. Also picked up some Butter Pecan Pie (WF). Anyone have experience with these? I found the Roasted Pecans and Cream (WF) kind of weak, nevertheless a nice flavor. Problem is, if you boost it the cream starts muting your other flavors.

3 Likes

i forgot about this thread. the reason = the mix i made(above), it smells like a strong custard, and i have shied away from custards. though, i have not tried it yet. maybe its smell is it telling me that it needs to steep for weeks, months, years, before its good, idk.

2 Likes

Alisa recommends a 7 day steep on her recipe page. Give it a shot. It does have a lot of creamy aspects to it but no actual custard flavors. Ya might like it :wink:

3 Likes

i just smelled it, very custardy. this leads me to the question = is it normal, abnormal for a juice to taaste different than it smells ?

4 Likes

Completely normal. Happens to me all the time. Being a person who was trained to use her nose for cooking, wine tasting, etc. I always get thrown by eliquids. Tricky and different animal this thing. I’m always ecstatic when after mixing a recipe I do a finger taste and the vape actually matches my expectation of the finger test. Have you tried giving it a lick yet?

4 Likes

i just did. buttery vanilla’y and custardy

3 Likes

One of my fave flavors, try this recipe.

Bust-a-Nut (alisa’s recipe) : https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3600855/Bust-a-Nut%20%20(alisa’s%20recipe)

3.00% Bavarian Cream (FW)
4.00% Butter Pecan (FW)
7.00% Hazelnut (FW)
1.00% Marshmallow (CAP)
5.00% Sweet Cream (FW)

Flavor total: 20%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/zMj5

3 Likes

I wrote and mixed this tonight…thinking of this thread topic as i did… I’m not sure if you really were going for a cake, so i created a Butter Pecan Ice Cream, which is how i usually think of the profile.

I’ve had this NF flavor for some time, but never really used it much. I figured out that NF is expecting the user to provide the base to use the basic flavor, which on its own would seem lacking, but for a cake or ice cream to give it a home… so…

With what i have to offer, i made up what i could see as an Ice Cream…

6 Likes

thank you. Butter Pecan ice cream(real) is my favorite ice cream. perhaps unconsciously this is what i am after. but really, the flavor just smells good in the bottle, so i was hoping to do something with that.

when you try that, could you report back, thanx

5 Likes

Never had it, but i read Butter Pecan Ice Cream OOO is pretty good.

I recently bought Pecan Butter OOO and it’s wonderful. Compared to FW, delicious pecan is more pronounced while still keeping that buttery richness. They both deserve top grade

5 Likes