Buying a litre of nic

Yes m8 and as @fidalgo_vapes said mines in a plastic zip bag.only did this so I didn’t get nic in me peas and pork chops

6 Likes

Good to know ill throw it in a ziploc freezer bag until i accumulate 3 more amber glass bottles

5 Likes

@Psycho_316 that should be fine, and as long as it doesn’t take forever to get the last 3 bottles, the impact will be negligible.

3 Likes

Are we not supposed to store nicotine in the original bottle in the freezer? If not should I get some amber glass bottles and transfer it to them?

4 Likes

@TimWV it depends on what TYPE of bottle it comes in. If it’s any kind of plastic, YES, relocate it into glass.

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer thank you, ordering some now

4 Likes

I know I’ll probably get a little pushback on this, but if I had to do it over, I’d go with clear glass for freezer storage. In my case, it’s stored in a small chest type freezer that doesn’t get opened often. With the amount of light that gets into a freezer, I’d prefer the convenience of being able to pull a bottle for visual inspection, without having to open it, to use a pipette or syringe.

The working bottle IS covered, though, on the shelf. My high tech toilet paper tube is perfect for a 60 ml bottle.

Working Bottle

Some of my stored nic is 5 - 6 years old, and as clear as when it arrived.

Edit: I also found it a pain in the ass when breaking down the jug, into amber bottles. It was difficult to see the level in the bottle, as I was filling it. After I over filled the first one a bit, I ended up putting a flashlight behind the amber bottles, to make it easier to keep an eye on the level. (live & learn)

9 Likes

@d_fabes I bought into the “amber” thing when I first started freezing large bottles of NIC, BUT, I ended up shifting to ALL clear. Same reasons as you. Clear doesn’t matter if it’s in a dark freezer LOL, AND, you can SEE what’s in it.

8 Likes

Right I’ve been storing my nic in the freezer for the last 4 years in the bottles it came in ,so do go glass or not I need science guys I’m having sleepless nights

4 Likes

It has to do with moisture seeping from plastic. Where glass is a barrier. I wouldnt use the pet they send it in. Hdpe bottles are thicker. I put 300ml in 3 hdpe 100ml bottles wrapped them in paper towels taped them up and put them in a ziploc bag. Then i put them in a box inside a carrier bag from m&s and put them in the bottom draw. Im going all ninja mode with them lol

3 Likes

@Grabbo, @Psycho_316 is right, it’s ALL about locking everything out. Light, heat, air. Some plastics are permeable, and some can leach into the product. If it ain’t glass, pass.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Glass bottle it is cheers bud

3 Likes

I transfer all my nicotine into 120ml amber glass bottles for freezer storage. Probably an overkill, but I also spray a shot of Argon gas (wine preservative) in each one to displace any oxygen. I transfer 30 ml to a working bottle when needed and give the 120ml freezer bottle another shot of Argon to take up the airspace. My stash is going on 3 years now and still clear. I tested the nicotine level recently and it came back at 98mg /ml and it was originally 100mg/ml so I am really happy with the method.

6 Likes

@Blarneystone you took the words right out of my mouth. Gassing the bottles is a great way to extend the lifetime even further. It’s GREAT that you are re-testing to verify the strength over time.

I stopped using amber bottles because the freezers are dark so, seemed a waste. Gassing and Capping (taping) has become my norm.

6 Likes

Is that pipe thread tape?

4 Likes

Good guess @TorturedZen. I use 33+.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Electrical-75-Inch-66-Feet-3-PACK/dp/B072Q5B1QS

5 Likes

You can,just keep in in a bag out of the light or any way to keep it in the dark.
I keep my 4 liters of nic in the same plastic liters they arrived in for the last 4 years and its still as clear as the day i bought them.I just insert them in a non see-thru white ziplock bags (3 of them cuz they were in soft translucent plastic) the 4th liter is already in dark cobalt blue plastic so it didn’t require any further darkness.People only use glass cuz its Amber but it’s fragile and more of a pain to store and doesn’t seem to keep any longer but everyone does it their own way i get it :smile: but yes that will be fine.

6 Likes

When I get my replacement batch of nic, I’m thinking of putting them into 60 ml clear glass bottles with the dropper-type top. Does anyone have any experience with this type of bottle?

3 Likes

Oh yes @HawaiianVaporTraiz

3 Likes

Not sure why you’d use clear or especially a dropper bottle when you could use a non see thru plastic 100-120 ml bottle with a twist tip cap n just squirt it into your mix whether it’s with a scale by weight or MLs by volume.I find a cheap small scale much faster ,neater and easier and most are accurate according to my calibration weight.Most break it down into dark amber or cobalt blue bottles but i find that glass is more fragile and a pain to store and just buy liters in plastic,when i fill my 120 ml i work out of i squeeze the nic in the liter back to the tippy top and cap it so no air gets in accept when it gets too low where it wont reach the top anymore but it still works getting most of the air out plus i keep it in the freezer in non see thru plastic like a hersheys choc bottle .Buying liters in glass i noticed is also more expensive than in plastic but usually not any better quality.I have a 4 year old bottle of 100mg salt nic in pg and one in vg and they both look like i bought them yeaterday.The liter i take from yellowed slightly but once i mix a recipie up n add vg ,pg and flavors its only yellow or dark when my flavorings happen to be darker ones… but yeah that’s how i store,no breaking down into smaller n only use non see thru platic n squeeze as much air out as i can to the top but then again i mix at 12-15mg so a liter lasts between 3-4 years for me,obviously 3mg would last much longer then i might break it down in half and good enough.I find all these glass bottles n adding gas etc a bit much imo .Everyone has their own methods tho but this works for me fine for 6 years

3 Likes