Calling all MTL users

Alright My GF/ wife uses pods like the Novo or caliburn etc but I am in the process of switching her to RTA due to regulations coming soon the Ares works well for her but I think there must be better and newer MTL rtas…No need to get a kayfun so something more mainstream is what I’m looking for …

Please give me your thought 10mg/ml is where I have her vaping in pod system she likes a tight draw and of course flavor has to be ok . The ares has descent flavor

I need easy building and simple design I believe the Berserker is one I have my eye on , so any advice would be great . I really appreciate your thoughts is the berserker 1.5 better than original ?? All thoughts welcome

Ones ive looked at so far

Intake MTL

Vertex

Cog

Ares2

All the berserkers

4 Likes

I use the original Berserker, but that is getting harder to find now (lucky I have 5 of them). Have heard good things about the Berserker 2.0, easy to build and good for flavour. I also have 3 Brunhilde MTL RTAs which are good.

5 Likes

I just seen that brunhilde , it was actually you who gave me the idea of looking at Berserker ty

4 Likes

The Brunhilde is good, just need the right mod so it looks ok. I use a SS Teslacigs 86W mod for my SS one, a Cube X mod and a Coldsteel 120W for the 2 black ones I have. See a few people using side-by-side mods too. The Brunhilde is 23mm so slightly odd size.

4 Likes

I have a few Nunchaku that she uses with the Ares she like the size but would prefer something even smaller lol…Even my coldsteels are too big in her opinion smh… The Nunchaku are 18650 single battery which isnt horrible.

The side by side might be a good idea for her

2 Likes

Yeah, the OG Nunchaku would work well. She may not like how tall the Brunhilde is so you may be better looking at the Berserker 2.0 size wise. 24mm but less height than the Brunhide. Only holds 3ml though from memory…

I used Pico 25 mods for a while for my 24mm rtas and they are quite small overall but a bit blocky. Side by side would probably be your best option.

3 Likes

Of all of which you mention I can only speak of the Berserker V1.
I have both the original and mini and find them both decent but not the “dogs testicles” that I bought into.

In my experience they both leak when top filled, not absolutely pouring out but continuously weeping. Personally I’ve found if they’re bottom filled they’re fine and don’t leak delivering decent flavour but not an outstanding vape.

However I am tempted on the mini V2 but haven’t yet succumbed to the temptation.

I would think there’s better availability than the V1 today.

4 Likes

You have a girlfriend AND a wife? You stud! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Lol…i hate using the word girlfriend its high school ish imo plus we have bewn together over 8byears have a child together , live with each other so might as well call her my wife lol…But just one my friend lmao

4 Likes

I encourage the Techmod Kizoku. It’s affordable, well made, solid. Aspire has been reliable as well and may want to look at the Aspire Mixx. Here’s the Kizoku.

Of course, I love my Kayfuns but the Ares 2 is good. I hear that the latest Zerker is easier all around. I have the Brunhilde and yes the flavor is good, AF smooth, if she doesn’t mind dealing with the SS rope. When your liquid gets low it doesn’t wick as well, you need to keep tipping. But that might not be an issue for her, Idk. I’d like to get the Intake MTL but can’t speak from experience. Your list barely touches the surface of MTLs. Most of the best are expensive EU designs but good clones available. If she likes the smaller look and doesn’t mind bubble glass I’d focus on the China/US designs. Checking out MTL reviews by Busardo, Vaping with Vic, etc. for their “Best Of” reviews will help, too. You can show her what they look like to see if she likes them.

ETA: the best of the best SbS can cost you upwards of $200-400. That’s why I suggested two affordable but reliable ones.

4 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes I forgot, The Steam Crave Glaz Mini is a great MTL too. Well made as SC always is. Option of 2ml or 5ml.

4 Likes

I looked at that but wasn’t sure if it was ty… Thank you for all the info…

4 Likes

OMG, your post made me go into immediate crazy mode! There are so many MTLs out there that it would be like writing a dissertation, lol. I’m not exclusive MTL but own enough of them, RTAs and RDAs. Honestly, the KF2019 is the most simplest RTA if you don’t mind bottom fill. We all thought we’d hate that but it turned out the opposite. The 24mm w/ ext holds 5 mls and is short. That’s what I have on my Kizoku above. There’s a new 2019 which has a different AF pin. Other than that it looks exactly the same.

4 Likes

berserker is best, closest thing to Kayfun flavor and tight draw, only downfall you have to bottom fill like an old nautilus tank or it leaks/floods like crazy, do not use the top cap to fill. I use a caliburn out and about and berserker at home. they are close

5 Likes

Is there a descent top fill MTL you can suggest ??

3 Likes

I have the Siren 2 which is easy to build and fill but flavor is no where close at all. I think your Ares is probably the easiest for her but if you want better draw and flavor get a berserker and use the 4ml extension, bottom fill for her and good to go. Not the easiest to build on but worth the effort

6 Likes

My Berserker V1’s are good flavour, all about the build and for my taste they are really good. I have 7ml bubble glass on all of mine cos I chain vape a lot. However, they are too difficult to find here at least and your GF wants simple.

The Berserker V2 (not 1.5) apparently worked out all the issues with the first 2. Top fill works, deck is easy to build on and airflow is good. From people I know, the flavour is up there with the best so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Wasn’t a fan of the Ares 2, just not my thing. The Siren 2 had loose airflow compared to everything else I had. I prefer tight draw so that wasn’t good for me. I like and use the Galaxies RTA, good airflow, good taste, easy to build (GT style) and 4ml bubble glass is good.

Have heard of newer RTA’s that sound better than everything else, but have not used the so no idea of how good they actually are…

5 Likes

This is where im leaning right now …

4 Likes

I don’t have the newer Zerkers but I’ve heard they improved greatly on their latest, especially the top fill issue.

2 Likes

I have a couple of Galaxies. Vapefly puts out some good designs.

4 Likes