Can I fix this?

I’m playing the throw out shit game…and made a what was supposed to be a strawberry custard recipie when I first started and, I wasn’t on here yet anyway…can I save this or do I have to throw this out too? Any suggestions or just cut my losses?

3 Likes

a while ago i asked about EM, Ethal malto, or something like that. anyway, i was told that Stevia, the sweetener, is good at mellowing. i tried it, and sure enough, it does. i tried it only once, didn’t like it. perhaps this will help you. it can be had at walmart.

4 Likes

I toss things I’m not fond of … Why let something sit if you don’t like it

8 Likes

Good point that’s what I have been doing.

4 Likes

Will any of these work?

4 Likes

I want more experience with these im afraid of …is it worth it to try and what % would you use if you were me? I will be tossing this anyway…remember

3 Likes

i have no idea. but that Smooth may be just that, a smoother. but idk.

4 Likes

What are you finding wrong with it? Is it harsh? Muted? Over strawberried? What are we looking to fix, here, darlin?

4 Likes

AAA Magic Mask and Smooth are essentially the same thing: They both contain Triacetin which affects the ability to taste harsh notes. It’s like sanding rough edges off something: It will be smoother and more balanced but lack some of the highs and lows.

6 Likes

@ladycrooks here’s a thread dedicated to getting help with recipes/flavors…posting your troubled recipes there can help others having similar issues and questions, too. Ya might even get lucky and find a host of solutions by others’ Q&As.

9 Likes

Thanks alot @muth I shall check this out shortly. This flavour has got me going kinda crazy! I just want to understand it and what to do with it.

3 Likes

Nothing in this recipe looks " bad " inwould personally switch the Custards around …Cap VC at 3 to 4 and the FA custard at 1 … Get rid of the TPA Meringue completely and sub it out for something creamy . TPA Meringue is a great additiin to Cereal Milk type recipes. As a matter of fact I might get rid of the FA custard completely and add LB VIC …Imo there is nothing you can add to the recipe to fix whats already been mixed in the bottle…These days I dont use Cap VCV1 anymore unless its low or in an old recipe …When mine is gone I doubt I’ll reorder

9 Likes

What don’t you like about the VCV1 Fiddy? Personally one of my most used here.

6 Likes

@ladycrooks what are you trying to do ?

5 Likes

For me, those Strawberries are perhaps a little high. Not sure what the FA Strawberry is like (don’t have it) but the CAP one can be a bit harsh for me over 4%.

Inw Biscuit I hardly use over 1% as I find it tends to dominate, I would also not have used Meringue.

I agree with Fidalgo that the CAP VCV1 should be higher and the FA Custard I wouldn’t have used.

6 Likes

Its not that I dont like it …I think there are better VCs out there that can replace it. Even if i had to redo the recipe a little to accomodate the switch it would be easy enough.

5 Likes

That is what I was trying to work out. I could probably alter this mix to be smoother, creamier, strawberrier, more custardy… but without know what the actual issue is I don’t know which way to go.

6 Likes

She is trying to " Fix " the liquid that has already been mixed and aged …I believe shebis hoping to add one of those additives to fix whatever problem she has with the Recipe…

4 Likes

Have yet to do a test of the FA Premium due to remodelling office, but what other ones are better in your opinion mate? Always looking to up the custard game. :grinning:

5 Likes

Better …

Premium fa
VCII Tpa
VC WF
VC FLV

Of course they are not identical but imo they are better suited for what I like to use custard for

5 Likes