Can someone be allergic to PG

well, give it some time and see what happens… make a note on the bottle so you know what to do with it.

3 Likes

I only see one person, Rocky, using it at 2.5%. That’s new. He must have added that while I was away. Question: why would the Cappuccino (SC) taste fine at 2% and in a recipe.

2 Likes

@anon84779643 I’ve used percentages from proven recipes and have experienced unpalatable tastes. One example is FA’s caramel which a lot of people use and seem to like. So I used it at the percentages they have in their recipes and I get a bad taste for me. Now maybe I have to use it lower than them, Idk. I have a habit of assuming that more experienced mixers would know better than I would.

3 Likes

Not a clue, I have not used any SC flavors in over 5-6 yrs now.

ELR is filled with “proven recipes” and the cliques that follow mixers and mixers that can mix and those that can not. Not saying you are wrong on this, not saying you get disappointed in recipes… not at all.

If you remember my post here from my tutorial on my site:

https://flvfan.com/solo-flavor-testing/

this will be your friend, Muth. testing your flavors for your own tounge. Get to know what does taste right and what doesn’t, by starting low, doesnt matter on manufacture, but start low and work up… get to know your flavors and how they taste to you.

I can not stress it enough, sft at just a given guess, yes does give clues… pay attention to those.

You really need to find out how low in flavors you can go, and where those taste good. Then you can go back and look at those “proven” recipes and compare your tastes to the recipe given. It will open your eyes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can we get this thread renamed to Ask Smoky lol :stuck_out_tongue: hehe!! :smiley:

3 Likes

My link? No, your link. the link stinks, we all stinks :crazy_face: I’m tired… :sleepy:

3 Likes

lmao… I dunno… tired here too and yet another busy day tomorrow :slight_smile:
I might not be around till lunch :smiley:

3 Likes

You would be proud. I now have used up my box of 20 10 ml bottles on solo tests. Well, almost. I found a couple good ones. Thx for the link to your site.

4 Likes

I am proud of you Muth… you keep trying. That means a lot to me.
and yeps I have the site all bug free now… will be adding the shop maybe next week for my shots.
Too much to get done here, but I am whittling down my honey do list. At least my boss is proud of me! :slight_smile:

I work on solos all the time, as its a good break for my tounge and I dont have to work so hard to figure out if my mango is taking over or if my lushy pink guava is really a grapefruit or if my papapya punch clobbered my apricot :stuck_out_tongue:

I still work my 2 drops in 1, 4 drops in the next… as batches of flavors also can change, or body taste changes could happen… it’s a good way to find out :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks Sparky… just saw your post…
I is a tired girl :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You saying that means a lot to me. But it may mean more to you than me. I can get cranky sometimes when shit don’t work one after the other. Then I run away to my gear 'cause I’m a gearhead at heart. Then I realize I’m running out of juice then back to mixing again. That’s why I haven’t been around, I’ve been concentrating on buying gear and tending to my little family of attys and mods. Yup, shinyitis. I won’t lie. As much as I get flustered I do appreciate your encouragement. Without it I might wander off into la la land. So, thx, and I hope you get a peaceful rest. Sweet dreams :smiley:

4 Likes

I get cranky too… and I do try to hide it… most the times lol…

Night Muth… sweet shiny dreams!! :smiley: :tada:

3 Likes

That is great rohampa, you will do well now!!
Happy vaping :smile:

Edit: I just realised the post I replied to is 8 days old!! (I have been distracted)
I hope that your vape journey is going well!!

5 Likes

Thanks.

Cool!

OK, if you really don’t promote the use of a microwave on 10ml of VG testers, or back of the hand tasting with a drop or two, then why do you promote Christian’s The Flavorah Diary YT videos? Maybe I haven’t gotten along far enough. I watched Part 1 and half of Part 2. When he mentioned his Wickless Coil, I found his How to build a wickless coil for vaping video and made my own single coil RDA following his procedure, but I haven’t gone back to complete the Diary videos yet.

Then I’m confused about why Flavorah would do that. If they tell people that 1% is a good starting point when it should be 0.12%, that’s 8.33 times too much. So people buy FLV Irish Cream, not knowing about your work and advice, the flavoring is 8.33 times to strong, so they toss it. OK, Flavorah made a sale, but it could very well be only a one time thing. How can that be good for their business in the long run? Not really asking you, just musing. Seems to me they would be losing potential long time customers.

Please know this going in: It’s not about what “I like” or what “I want to do.” I haven’t been around DIYing for myself enough, actually creating a good multiflavoring juice, to know what I like, or want to do. To me, it’s about what you like and the way you do it. I am the student and you are the teacher, so I follow your instructions. Yeah, I’ll ask questions along the way, but they are for understanding, not bucking your system or tutelage. I think you’re a great teacher!

I’m guessing that any steep times posted by Flavorah may be off by the same degree.

And this is what I’ll do with FLV Irish Cream. And I’m working my way through your site. Thank you!

3 Likes

It isn’t that I do not do it [microwave]… I have done it… will I do it again… sure! However I do want to drive that point, that microwaves are not best for trying to speed steep solos or up to a multi layered recipe… it’s only used to gain insight as to what you the taster thinks of the flavor. This is why :slight_smile:

Again… they are not the only ones…

Taken from wizard labs site:

for their tfa gingerbread:
https://wizardlabs.us/gingerbread-cookie-flavor-concentrate-by-tfa-4oz

Due to subjective tastes, our recommended usage is to test any new flavoring at a low percentage of 2-5% flavoring in your recipe, and adjust to taste.

Taste is so very subjective. If I like a flavor at 1% and little Timmy likes it at 5%, who is right?
We both are.
This is why I suggest solos, starting as low as possible, and find where you can start to taste the change. [Applies to any manufacture]
I might taste a flavor at 3 drops, you might not taste it for 5 drops. I might find I love a flavor’s full taste at 8 drops, again you might find a full flavor at 12 drops. Only by you discovering what it is you taste, will you know. Going by what I taste, you might not have the same perceptions. It is subjective. :slight_smile:

If you can remember:
fruits generally are locked in by 3 days… not needing much of a steep
nuts and tobaccos need 5days to 2 weeks…
Same with creams 5days to 2 weeks.

With Flavorah, it really does matter how heavy-handed you are, that too will determine your steep time.

The main thing is to have fun, find your limits, and keep notes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can start one if you like.

Thanks for the rest of your notes in your reply! :slight_smile: I’ll start out with FLV Irish Cream and go from there.

Do you know of, or is there a list of, FLV Flavorings that are good standalone flavorings? Not being close to a Mixologist, I’d like to start out simple.

3 Likes

Nooo lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds good :slight_smile:

Not really… All fruits are standalone… the creams will be a touch harder… nuts, try those with 1 drop. You might need to move to 30ml bottles for those and the tobaccos. anything with cookies is def standalone, if you drink milk with them :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes