Can you help me create a cherry tobacco with my limited flavours?

Then I’d suggest that you’re not the one for the job: When designing for another, you need to be able to appreciate their needs. So, honestly tell them that it is not something within the playground of your imagination or stash.

If you can gain a full impression of what they really want, then others can help with recipe design.

2 Likes

Sadly despite teaching several friends how to mix, from a-z (literally including where/what to buy, 100% trained as a job) but I’m the only who seems to be able to do it and not fail. I mean it’s still gets to me trying to manage inventory and make fill orders but despite being a hobby it is like running a business because you have to manage everything or you run out of juice lol. It’s not really an issue for me tho, I enjoy trying to do the impossible, i actually pride myself on it. I don’t/won’t vape 98% of my flavours, I’m scent sensitive so the smells alone is too much for me, but also i only do this for my friends so it’s not like they’re gonna be mad and fire me lol (if I’m lucky they give me a few $ to help buy pg/vg/bottles), i depend on their feedback (if any) but that was also a skill I developed because of my unique situation (how to listen to what ppl say when they’re no saying anything), they know i think it’s disgusting but I definitely have a knack for creating profiles i can’t even tolerate the smell off lol. I absolutely love learning so this enables me to learn about things i would normally avoid like banana :nauseated_face:. ~ empath mixer :joy: . I like to collect stuff so when i started making juice I literally wanted to have every flavour lmao. I know the difference now around 415 flavours of which 6-7 i would consider keepers :joy:

3 Likes

This is fantastic, similar to what i ended up doin, I’m still waiting for feedback, i don’t even know if he let it steep ffs. I mean i don’t usually but i vape mustard milk so steeping isn’t exactly crucial for me.
This is what i gave him, my idea was to have cherry as a background flavour because it’s basically candy, but so far he’s loved everything i made for him. I only have 3 tobacco vaping buddies and of the other 2 , 1 is stixx mixx cdn/usa Virginian mix only, the other is ry4 double only. They both refuse to even try a 2nd tobacco a but love these respectively lol.
Edit: forgot the tiny to my recipe, disregard the my description, its absolutely made up :rofl: even if it turns out accurate… Check cookies

I’ll have a look at your stash later. Although, I suggest trying to get those to who ask to express their thoughts with a modicum of clarity. (As I design and paint a lot, I refuse 90% of requests as they cannot explain what they want): I expect a basket of adjectives from my tiny monster about any event and her first language is Mandarin, so a client has no excuse.

5 Likes

One of my problems, according to my monster, is that I shouldn’t need adjectives to understand anything she says to me, yet I continue to expect them. I often hear, “it’s just common sense”, and “your just exhausting, you have no idea what it’s like to have to live with you” :speaking_head: :hear_no_evil: .

5 Likes

I use adjectives as the motivator with my monster: If she can describe it, then we can do it.

So, currently it is how to paint 28mm Harry Potter miniatures and then we’ll work on coding with Lego. Mrs. Squirrel sometimes thinks she has two kids.

Oh, if a monster tries ‘common sense’, confront them with QI general ignorance:

4 Likes

I see it is not in the stash, but INW’s Godfather is a very nice cherry to mix with tobacco.
Maybe something for the shopping cart.

4 Likes

Inawera Black Cherry For Pipe is my favourite tobacco flavour but is not in his stash either. It’s more of a rich and deep dark cherry than tobacco which would make an excellent base if you wanted it more tobacco forward but I like it on its own in a MTL setup. It is very similar to a favourite black cherry pipe tobacco that I used to smoke by Kendals which I think has been discontinued.

5 Likes

Damn :exploding_head:
I completely forgot about that. My brain still doesn’t work properly, I haven’t had the energy to mix in over two years.
I have that flavour in my stash!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that mate. I’m glad I mentioned it and jogged your memory as it’s a nice single flavour so would hopefully be easier for you to mix up than a whole recipe.

2 Likes

I haven’t looked at my stash for a long time. I discovered a few flavours that are now labelled invalid name/unknown brand.
Anybody know anything about what happened in the past few years? @TorturedZen?
There is one right at the top. I have no idea what flavours these are.

3 Likes

Invalid names or Unknown brands could be a couple of reasons…
1-Ingredient was not recognizable.
2-Ingredient had no brand name+too many similar names to match it with.
3-Ingredient had brand name but was not part of brand’s line AND too many similar names to match it with.

Once flavor names meeting that criteria are flagged they are merged into a master Invalid names or Unknown brands file. Unfortunately merging is a one-way process. Flavor names go in but can’t come back out, so it becomes extremely difficult to identify any one individual name.
Allegedly an option to reverse or extract merged names is being looked into.

5 Likes

Once upon a time they used to show as valid in my stash. Maybe they are among the ones they stopped producing?

2 Likes

I know that the first one is Capella Cereal 27 but the new renamed version doesn’t have anywhere near the amount of recipes as the old “invalid” one did/does.

4 Likes

Are you sure about that? I have no recollection of ever owning that flavour.
It doesn’t really fit my profile.
I happen to have all my Capella’s in one box and just checked. No such flavour in my stash.
If I had bought it, it would still be there, unopened.

It doesn’t really matter, I was just curious. I have enough flavours left to play with once I have perked up a little more.
Spring is coming soon, that usually helps.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that is what it is, if you click it and read the notes on the flavour page it describes it to the letter.
Can anyone else confirm this please as I’d hate to give wrong information?

2 Likes

I’ve looked at that but these notes on invalid brands seem to be mixed up somehow and don’t make any sense.

According to my own notes, this is a fruity tobacco. I don’t see that in the other notes on this particular flavour.

It is not because they’ve been discontinued, I have one of those and that is clear.

Here is another one that I’m sure I’ve never purchased, Apple Cider :nauseated_face:

I know this one is Apple Cider because there is a note with this flavour and it says:

1 2 3 4 5

Cider Apple (FA)
… This one is Fucked Up During a Database ‘Fuck Up’ Scheme… Other one is here:

The link will take you to the flavour. It does exist.
It looks like something has gone wrong somewhere. Either in the database or else in my head :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Do you have any old export files of your personal data saved? We are able to export out data in Comma Separated Values (CSV) format which can be imported into a Spreadsheet. That or any old Screen shots or if you have shared a copy in another thread. I was able to figure out one of my Invalid name mysteries by looking in the ‘What have you made today’ thread.

I think the notes in the Invalid or Missing flavor entries are a conglomeration of notes from multiple different flavors that were all flagged as incorrect names. This snafu was talked about in a different thread not long ago. I’ll throw a link here when I find it.

I brought up the subject at this entry of the thread

4 Likes

You are correct.

4 Likes

Nah, none of that. It doesn’t really matter. As I said before, I’ve got plenty of flavours, I won’t miss them.

I just checked my Capella’s because that was easy to do. No cereal flavour there.
That’s how I figured the notes got jumbled and were not describing the missing flavour.
@TorturedZen agreed so at least I’m not crazy :relieved:

5 Likes