New database error discussion thread

8 Likes

wtf. thx TZ. i was checking it by using my standard way = flavor (SSA)

but this particular flavor was entered as BS SSA, not BS (SSA) and thus not shown. Thx.

8 Likes

It does not show with either of those iterations for me. Are you searching from the calculator or the Flavor List? I put “butt ssa” as the search phrase and it popped right up.
SSA

7 Likes

I’m used to search with a bracket. peach (in …or peach (ss …or peach (m

I guess i got used to this when i jumped to this forum since i never knew what abbreviations are used (sometimes written as INW and sometimes as Inawera and sometimes on other forums as INA). Adding this extra bracket in front helped me to easily narrow down the results and find things quickly (because when used peach (IN i would get ten results and when i used IN without a bracket, i would get hundred(s) results.

Also sometimes we have abbreviations and sometimes full names used (like here we have SSA and Molinberry, we have Real Flavors and WF, we have FA and Flavorah, etc) and for a newbie (or a vet) adding that bracket helps and so it stayed in me.

This was particularly useful for less popular brands; like Sasami which has half of entries shown as Sasami and half as SSM and while on Alltheflavors they have it as SI. (S solves the problem. Or Mom and Pops and M&P - (M works.

For this particular example, we have one Butterscotch entered with brackets and one without; so when i was using my standard way that usually works, i got shown only one BS in my search - BS (SSA), while BS Rich was not shown to me. (it seems my clever search strategy has flaws, lol)

7 Likes

Sometimes you just have to search several variations and you will usually find it. You’ll know by the number of people that have it compared to the other incorrect entries. Occasionally I give up and ask the forum here but not without trying different search terms I can think up. Once or twice, if I’m remembering right, I bought flavors that were actually never in the database! That’s pretty weird especially when the manufacturer isn’t new and you buy from a common source.

5 Likes

It’s unfortunate we have to continue struggling with the flavor names. I tried to fix as many as I could (not counting the screw ups) but the rug was yanked out from under me, so I have no ability to fix them now. Best advice I can give you is use the Flavor List Search option, and when you have several results returned, look over at the Recipes column. Then, by selecting the flavor name with the most recipes showing, you can be sure it’s the correct one.

9 Likes

@Ken_O_Where

I’m curious about Wonder Flavours Lemonade and Summertime Lemonade. I only ever had Summertime Lemonade and now in my stash I have just Lemonade WF. Did they merge? Summertime Lemonade a completely different flavor.

6 Likes

@Ken_O_Where will be gone for a bit , right now nobody is merging flavors. Lars stopped that awhile ago.

5 Likes

Ahh, I see. I’ve not been on here in a bit. Thanks Fiddy!

4 Likes

I just received an email alert today, July 22, 2023 @ 8:47pm ET. Extra Sensory Perception! Today I was thinking about adding a bourbon cream to one of my mixes. This looks yummylicious @SessionDrummer

5 Likes

Do you lay off the hooch when you do this sort of stuff :rofl:

2 Likes

Soft Banana (SSA) (MB). This is how it’s branded from BCF but I only found Soft Banana (Molinberry) in our database. I know it’s the same company but just wanted to bring it up because not everyone might know that and get confused.

2 Likes

What is CSV (one per line)?

2 Likes
5 Likes

Yes, I did. I also backed up my stash.

4 Likes

For now my stash seems to be immune to the problem, I was probably quite obsessive in choosing the flavor’s name to add or maybe I was just lucky… the second one you said! :rofl:

3 Likes

@LagartijaNick, it would appear that someone may have thrown the “Go Back” switch, perhaps quietly in the background.

I had NUMEROUS invalid flavors when this was happening, and it all started with CAP Cereal 27, which somehone, appears FIXED ??

I wonder, wonder, wonder, how that could have happened ??

:slight_smile:

Reverse merge(d) ??

5 Likes

Someone probably worked hard to start fixing everything, in any case a csv export never hurts. Is it possible to export the “My favorites” section? I can’t find any options in this regard.

3 Likes

No, in for a penny, in for a pound. All recipes exported to csv.

3 Likes

Well, I’ll start to export them as PDF one by one via browser… hard work great satisfaction! :laughing:

4 Likes