Can't taste the strawberry

I retested the sweet dragon re make and of course dropped the cream and it is really a nice SB w/ a tad of DF

Sweet dragon

Ingredient %
Dragonfruit (TPA) 1
Natural Strawberry (LAN) 3
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 3
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 3

Flavor total: 10%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like

Iā€™m pretty new to mixing but Iā€™ve been chasing a good SB from the day I started.

Found nothing yet that really floats my boat. Tried various mixes yet Iā€™m still not satisfied.

New flavours based on your mix will be here in a few days. Hoping it will do the trick. Thanks for the info

@Orca I think a disclaimer is in order as this is not a finished recipe by any means. My test batch is gone now an I will still make few changes. I will definitely add a citrus to it once I make my new order, tomorrow is payday (yay!). I am ordering new FW flavours and one of them will be Lemon Sicily as suggested by few people here. Apparently it helps some fruit to pop. I have mentioned already that I will only release it to the public once I am 100% happy with it.

Fheww, ok. I hope this will save me from a shitstorm later.

Obviously fell free to try it out. I am in need for an input from a 3rd party. I donā€™t mind finishing this of as a collaboration either. I am quite new to mixing myself. I am also ordering INW Cactus to add to this in one of the test batches. I will make 100ml of this recipe and then divide it into 10ml so I can vape on some and add FW Lemon Sicily to one, INW Cactus to one and both to another.

The percentages were tailored around a 10ml batch but this will work:

Simple Strawberry

Ingredient %
Dragonfruit (TPA) 0.5
Raspberry (INAWERA) 0.5
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 3
Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA) 2
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 4

Flavor total: 9.55%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

If you happen to have any citrus flavour or Cactus from INW you can add it at 0.1-0.5% to see if it makes a difference.

There really is no need for a disclaimer Woo. Iā€™m well aware we are just playing around with flavours that we think will taste good. Itā€™s subjective anyway. If I donā€™t like the taste, I donā€™t like the taste. You may love it. There isnā€™t right or wrong from where Iā€™m standing.

If someone else is experiencing similar ā€˜issuesā€™ with SB, or any other flavour, Iā€™m open to suggestions. I appreciate you posting your experiences here as it really helps others. My SB has gone from a ā€˜2 out of 10ā€™ to a ā€˜4ā€™ just from reading this thread. With the added extra flavours and blends Iā€™m hoping it will improve even more. Iā€™ll add my thoughts once my flavours have arrived and had a chance to get them mixed. Keep up the good work. :smiley:

I love the Shisha Strawberry. How does the FLV Strawberry compare?

Theyā€™re very different. To me, Shisha strawberry tastes like strawberry bubblicious bubblegum and Flavorah strawberry tastes like Nesquick strawberry syrup or the strawberry you get in strawberry ice cream. Not your typical fresh, ripe strawberry. I like it, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s not for everyone.

1 Like

Sounds really good actually. Iā€™ll prolly get some next time I order. I heard FLV Clove is really good and underrated. Just like smoking a Samporena Extra which were so delicious before regulation forced the recipe to be changed.

Like most of their flavors, the clove is really strong. @Kinnikinnick doesnā€™t like it at all, but I used a drop or two in 10ml for my sister and it was pretty good. I think heā€™d be the one to ask about clove, though. :wink:

1 Like

Clove isnā€™t for everyone. As far as clove ciggys go, you either love them or despise them. Thereā€™s no middle ground.

1 Like

Not to be super critical of the FLV, but I just could not make it work for me. It was too acrid of a clove for me; love bitter, but that one took the cake and threw it on the floor. It actually made me feel sick to my stomach.

I do love a good clove vape. After much searching, I finally found a couple of flavors that are super nice clove cig vapes. ECX 234 Dji Sam Soe and/or Hangsen Black Label (Dajarum). No muss, no fussā€¦either one of these flavors at under 3% in a mix are super; plus, I get the tobacco with the clove to boot.

2 Likes

I have just received CAP Lemon Sicily, FA Meringue and FA Vape Wizard. I have made a small batch of Simple Strawberry with 0.5% of CAP LS and will be testing it later on. Could someone advise on how to use FA Meringue and Vape Wizard, please?. I have read few things and it seams like Meringue is used in bakery recipes and Marshmallow would be better for fruits. I am also not sure how to use Vape Wizard at all. will it be good with fruits? I have also received TPA/TFA Sweetener if that helps.

So I added 0.5% of Lemon Sicily CAP to my Simple Strawberry (15ml). Yeah, I can see how it can help to bring out the SB. On a whim I also added 1 drop! of Vape Wizard to it. Andā€¦ down the drain it went. It became very sickly! Made me want to puke! Swing and miss I guess.

Another 10ml will have 0.5% Lemon Sicily Cap and 1% Meringue FA, maybe? I donā€™t have the Marshmallow so do you think Meringue is a good idea to smooth out the mix @Amy2?

1 Like

I have use Meringue FA to smooth out a mix plenty of times. Iā€™m just wondering if 1% is going to bring about more of the taste of meringue versus just smoothing it out. It is a 10 ml batch.Meringue has a way of taking over but if you really like the flavor itā€™s a good thing. Hope it helps it. We both know 2% sweet cream is too much so maybe thisā€™ll be the trick.

So start with 0.5%?

Also, just in time @Amy2ā€¦

2 Likes

Scales rock!!

2 Likes

Yes that way you can build up. Bavarian cream is good too if you have that and wanted to use it instead at the same %s

cute pic!

1 Like

YEAH, MAN!!!

No more syringes for me! I only use a 30ml syringe as a funnel to transfer my PG, VG, and Nic to smaller bottles and drip from those.

Cuts the time I spend on this in half and no more cleaning!

2 Likes

hmm, yes but I donā€™t really want to add any creaminess to this. I also have TFA/TPA Sweetener if that would help taking the harshness off. I just wish that stevia sweetener was available in the UK.

Have you let it sit open after a while ? You say itā€™s harsh but Iā€™m guessing your sensitive to fruit citrus. Try to meringue but it too can add creaminess it taste like powdered sugar at high %s.

There is sweet drops stevia usually available in health food stores it has stevia leaf and distilled water in it. I have used it enough to know it is ok but the pyrue is best.

I usually just put a lil marshmallow in my mixes but you donā€™t have it yet. Try ordering some marshmallow and do the 0.5 of the meringue for now.

1 Like

Roger that. Thanks!

Maybe Dragon fruit is the culprit here? I have 70ml of this left so I will experiment.

P.S. Itā€™s been steeping for a week.

1 Like