Capella (NEW) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

Spoken by someone ^^^^ who has the most powerful voice in the vape world. No pressure…

1 Like

That would be my WIFE lol.

3 Likes

Damn straight! Behind every good man is a better wife. But YOU, D-man, is that powerful voice in the Vape community.

1 Like

Alright, hehe, which ones are you talking about, just the KK Bar, and SB Kiwi Fusion ?

All of them, but of course.
I have to go, my friend’s dog just died from rat poisoning.

1 Like

Strawberry Lemonade (CAP) 4% (2-11-23) – “Big Badda Boom” !! The LAST one of these NEW Capella flavors is on deck, and in the tank. As I’ve previously stated, sometimes on the FIRST taste, you get an impression, and it sticks with you (or me) from beginning to end, and that WAS the case here. The words of the day here are “Perfect Pairing”. Capella did an incredible job of perfectly pairing both the BS and the Lemonade here. I don’t know the actual compound ratios, but when tasting it, they both were DEAD EVEN. Not 49% / 51%, but 50% / 50%, meaning that both of the main profiles were completely, evenly matched. Now we can all probably agree, there’s NO perfect ratio for everyone, and some will prefer more Lemonade, while others, more Strawberry. But if you’re one of the ones, RIGHT in the middle, you can “gas and go” with this one. Need to pull it either way, towards the SB, or Lemonade, it won’t take much. The SB was hard to completely nail down BECAUSE of the PP (perfect pairing), and I did get some great hints of a juicy red strawberry that leaned natural, and was tempered by the Lemonade which gave it somewhat of a brighter, white (green) strawberry-ish taste, but there were plenty of juicy red undertones still in there. The Lemonade was nice and bright, almost sharp, and punchy, and it as well, leaned natural. This one WAS a couple of ticks above mid-level sweet, and while higher on the scale, it wasn’t fatiguing to my tastes, BUT, it did lean on the sweeter side. I can’t suppose to say what the perfect SB/LA ratio is for you guys, but this one was as an EVEN pairing as you could hope to get, and what YOUR tastes will require, will determine whether or not it needed to be pushed or pulled. As I sometimes do with lemons/lemonades is I taste it RIGHT on the heels of one of my rich custard/creamery ADV’s JUST to see if it can punch through. Meaning, I run two tanks side by side, test, test, test, the heavy creamery, then RIGHT over to the lemons/lemonades, and this one PUNCHED through, so it’s got some punch to it. At 4% it was very full on my SteamCrave RDTA, and it MIGHT be able to be run a smidge higher, but I didn’t feel the need to. Nothing off-putting, or squirrel-ly, and rather hard to mark down. In closing for this flavor, it was a perfectly evenly paired red, juicy SB, and a fresh, bright, and punchy Lemonade that leaned heavily natural. Not to distract FROM the flavor, but the smack dab, 50/50 pairing could not be understated. Easily a 9.3/10.

Thanks for hanging in there, for the duration of this series, as some of these new Capella flavors were VERY interesting, and required some additional time to really flush out. Because I hand picked the flavors I wanted to test, either I got lucky, or most of these were just plain great flavors, as I didn’t really get any “stinkers”, with only the Cookie Crumble low scoring. It was an INSANELY good flavor, but just not true to it’s name.

Thanks again out to Allen from Capella for not only letting me pick all of these, but sending them out for this review.

13 Likes

Maybe BCF can get this one, too, LOL. I need them all…

1 Like

Fantastic job, SD. I can’t wait for next season. :grinning:

4 Likes

:clap::clap: excellent reviews as always! I just got my bcf sample pack yesterday. I have a question for you. if you could sft these again, is there any you would have pushed higher? Like 5-6%?

2 Likes

Thank you very much @natbone. I have to admit, I DO like being able to CHOOSE the flavors I get, hehe.

1 Like

Thank you very much @Lynda_Marie.

Realizing that all of our equipment is different, and can yield different results, on my SC RDTA v.1, there’s a few I felt MIGHT have benefited from a little push, but maybe less than 1/3 of the series. Overall, they felt pretty good at 4%. Not much help right, hehe. I tried to at least MENTION that in each flavor review, if it felt like it needed a push, etc.

3 Likes

Thanx for putting in the time with all these SD. They are considerably better than the Concrete River reviews I used to see on Reddit. Now go have a beer!

4 Likes

Hehe, fucking A, thanks brother. That always means a lot to hear, and especially from you. I’ve seen some small novels posted for flavor reviews there, and I try to trim mine down a smidge. :slight_smile:

Beer o’clock is happening now.

Thank you brother.

2 Likes

Well thank YOU, for all the time YOU put in around here @TorturedZen.

3 Likes

It’s the Adderall trust me! :pill: :eyes:

7 Likes

Also for the FIRST TIME in history, Lukeloop awarded me the Flavor Testing Trophy. Every one of his works of art is a “One Of a Kind”.

Thanks Luke.

15 Likes

That looks cool as hell. And Tasty!

7 Likes

Cool! (cash woulda been better) :dollar: :dollar:

6 Likes

At this point @TorturedZen I’ll take what I can get, hehe.

5 Likes

That’s impressive.

6 Likes