Capella (NEW) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

That’s awesome!! Congratz @SessionDrummer !

5 Likes

Nice to be part of history in the making. Congratulations @SessionDrummer on your dedicated achievement and an excellent and apt trophy designed by no other than @lukeloop himself.

9 Likes

Thats awesome bud, bad ass trophy there. And if it wasnt for your reviews i dont think a lot of us would build our stash up over and over. Its your fault but not really your fault you dont hold a gun to our head to hit make purchase. :man_facepalming:t2::joy: but yeah it is well deserved for all your hard work

5 Likes

Thank you very much @Psycho_316.

4 Likes

Congratulations! I love that picture!

4 Likes

The only person who has cost me more money than SD is my ex-wife.

5 Likes

Now i remembered why i came to this thread how long does custard cake need to steep? Is it a good 3-4 weeks or ist more like a two week?

3 Likes

Wait, that’s a GOOD thing, right ??

5 Likes

1.5 to 2 weeks should be fine.

7 Likes

No, at least I got some action from her. You haven’t even kissed me.

6 Likes

Thanks buddy i got something im gonna throw together as a small tester to see how it takes. I tried it with spongecake rf sc and it was a no go. So figured id try plugging this in to see if it gets me where i want.

4 Likes

You’re welcome @Psycho_316. Pairings, as always, can be tricky, as you never know. If I was reviewing FAR less flavors, I could go down into the weeds with pairings, go’s/no-go’s, but that would completely slow the roll of the flavor review locomotive.

5 Likes

So i did at 4% custard cake was meh. So i mixed up at 10% to see if it presents itself more as a custard cake to me. Crazy how so many of these we all taste them differently.

6 Likes

@Psycho_316 don’t forget all the different equipment as well.

7 Likes

Yeah im testing on a pulse 24 dual round coil at .25ohms its not going to get the flavor as your SC

4 Likes

I figured I’d mention it @Psycho_316 because I am JUST getting started on the HUGE 80 flavor (and 11 one-shot) series from FLAVRZ, and I tested 3 different setups, just to see if the RDTA v.1 still worked. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Every setup seems to change the flavor. Change of coil and material of the coil will change the flavor at least a little. It’s funny how much a simple mesh coil will pick up all the sweet side of a mix where a roller coil you barely pick it up.

7 Likes

One of the reason i dont add sweetener in mixes im testing. I dont add sweetener if its needed till it goes on my supreme 3 mesh deck.

6 Likes

I just vaped my tester of the grape candy. I tested at .25 ohms on dual round wire and the grape is faint as can be. I tested on a single coil at .8ohms to see if i could get more and nope. After running the vso and them being weak and some of these new caps im starting to get a feeling they are just making them weak. The strawberry taffy cap at 4% was weak also. The grape was more on the sweetener side very similar how br cottan candy cap was. Faint on flavor high on sweet. The only thing that the strawberry taffy did present the taffy correctly. As a taffy its great but just no strawberry. I really dont want to use concentrates at 10% but it seems thats where we are going.

4 Likes

@Psycho_316 I’ve seen your posts on the VSO’s, and now here. I can speak first hand (and you can read what I taste/test/get) on my reviews, and I didn’t have any issues with 4% on the CAP’s.

I hadn’t heard of any other complaints/issues running the newer CAP flavors, and I can’t remember what setup you are using for testing.

3 Likes