Capella (NEW) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

I do dual coil round wire at .25ohm on a pulse 24 rda. Then i use my sc supreme 3 with a single coil at .8 ohms then i hit it on a mesh deck at .25 ohms. I was shocked after all three the grape was just flat. Not much to it. The grape end is soft. Its there but its very faint in all 3 setups and thats right up front then it all seeetness

3 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting, and although I donā€™t run a Pulse 24, I DO run the Supreme daily, and itā€™s going to reproduce exactly what you put into it. I donā€™t mesh it, but you said you wire coiled it as well.

Iā€™m trying to figure out the disparity between what we are getting from them.

3 Likes

Did a single coil on my on my postless deck as the single coil deck lacks flavor when i have tried it

3 Likes

I always run duals (unless I"m testing a single coiler), and typically DO get a boost when moving from a single to dual, but not enough to explain what youā€™re getting though.

2 Likes

What wattage are you running on your duals im at about 55-60. I will go higher to see where the flavor goes. But when i did go higher i got more the candy but still no grape. Honestly im starting to think nomz isnt regularly rotating their stock. But as others who had reviewed this have had the same issue with the grape being light and faint. I do think when you get them they might be not what we get at the end of it all. Im really losing confidence in some manufacturers lately. Seems the only consistency i get is from fa flv and ssa

5 Likes

Unless Iā€™m testing a new setup, Iā€™m always running dual vertical kanthal, 7 wrap, 24ga. coils, at 65 watts.

5 Likes

I cant run verticals in my supreme as i dont have the velocity deck. I have in my geekvape tengu but that doesnt produce the flavor as the supreme. Im actually gonna try quads in the tengu to see if i can get another perspective after they sit for another week

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to see if I can find any of the Velocity Decks for the S3 @Psycho_316. Not that switching from horizontals to verts is a huge difference, itā€™s just what I run.

4 Likes

See i found i got more flavor out of my old tfv prince 12 rba on verticals then i did horizontal. And it is the same on the tengu. More flavor when its vertical. Less airflow hitting the coil overall will produce more flavor and more warmth. But downside is cotton doesnt last as long.

4 Likes

And thatā€™s a BIG thing SD. Not the actual specs, but the fact that you post the testing %'s and specs. For many other reviews (not here) but youtube experts just ramble on with their thoughts with NONE of those details, makes their thoughts useless IMHO.
AND I THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THAT.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot @big_vape.

5 Likes

Sorry to bother you, but I was curious as to what ID you use?
I still want to try this setup out in my V1.

I get really good flavor with a vertical in my og Serpents but have to fuss with the wicks a lot (except for my first try, which I canā€™t seem to replicate, lol!).

3 Likes

@gloopdegurp itā€™s NEVER a bother to talk about the v.1.

Iā€™ve been using 3.0mm I.D. since the beginning.

4 Likes

Thank you!
Iā€™ll probably have a go at it this weekend!

3 Likes

Outstanding, and post back what results you have, and/or if itā€™s better or worse than what youā€™re currently running.

4 Likes

Hopefully Iā€™ll have good results!
Iā€™ve only been using rebuildables for a little over a year and the V1 was among the first few that I picked up though I havenā€™t used it much lately as I bounce around from one topper to another.
I picked up too many too quickly I guess!

3 Likes

I got it set up, but I think my wicking needs work as the flavor is a little bit on the lighter side right now.
No flooding and bubbles seem to indicate that it is wicking to the coil well. Maybe my wick tops are too big and choking things a bit?

4 Likes

@gloopdegurp the top pic looks like the tails MIGHT be a smidge thin, but the bottom pic looks like how I trim mine. Once I got used to spreading, and fanning out the tails, it became second nature.

2 Likes

Hello @SessionDrummer The horizontal coils are a matter of personal taste or have you noticed that there is a gain in clouds or flavor. Best for taste tests. #interesting

1 Like

@BobVapor this will vary from rig to rig, user to user, AND even coil types, and placements, but I can tell you that for all of the SteamCraves that I have Velocity decks, the vertical coils have always won out.

3 Likes