Cereal 27(toasted bread)?

I have read that many uses cereal 27 to create a toasted bread with what you think about this? Anyone who have experience?

3 Likes

It does work @min0, but it is not an overt toasted bread, more of the undertones of it.

3 Likes

I know they use it in the JAM MONSTA liquids for the toast part apparently

3 Likes

Nice what cotton you guys use eith steam craves rdtas? And rtas?

3 Likes

After trying a lot of cotton, I still go back to plain old Muji pads, however I am waiting for some of the SC cotton to arrive to see if it has any advantages.

6 Likes

Despite the fact that I can no longer get the BIG BAGs, I only use KGD.

https://www.amazon.com/Koh-Gen-Do-Pure-Cotton/dp/B00EMCGTAW

5 Likes

it was ages that I didnā€™t see the koh gen do, I tried the angorabbit but not happy about it, but Iā€™m a mainly a mesh wick fanaticā€¦ (yes, one of thoseā€¦) and donā€™t know much about cotton, I remember in the padt people talkin about the KGD, Iā€™ll have to try that one SD!

3 Likes

I have used Muji for a few years now, and bought a couple of 200 pad bags last year, so have plenty to keep me going.
Even though I have tried Cotton Bacon, Vapefly, Dr Coil, Ekotton and probably a few others that I canā€™t remember, to me the Muji just does what I want.
I havenā€™t seen KGD recently either.

5 Likes

I sub @SessionDrummer on that one, I know and use Cereal27 a lot, no chance youā€™re going to have bread or toast out of it without layering it with something else, like a dough or an oven like additive a pie crust or FA bread crust or whatever, itā€™s good for cereals like my seria killa or whatever recipes close to crispy treatsā€¦

2 Likes

@Iv3shf, what youā€™re vaping CAN dictate what cotton you use, and/or how easy it is to use other types. For my recent Steam Crave Advanced Mesh Deck review, I DID indeed use the included ā€œshoelaceā€ cotton, and it actually worked out very good. Nice, thick, fluffy, and just the right diameter to work. I canā€™t comment on trying KGD cotton sheets in that setup.

3 Likes

I think my hands down BEST experience with any toasted bread, would still have to be Solub Aromeā€™s Breakfast.

7 Likes

Cereal 27 is super versatile, it comes off as toast in the jam monster recipe, it obviously does cereal well, it can help with pastry/pie crust type layers, and recently Iā€™ve been trying to get it to do popcorn but thatā€™s all Iā€™m gonna share about that lol at least until itā€™s a somewhat successful experiment.

5 Likes

Thanks for the answers my bros but in rtas and rdtas the best cotton to use is japanese thats what i think what you think?

4 Likes

There are many brands of Japanese cotton, so your mileage will vary.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s another opinionā€¦why you using socks for your wicks? Thatā€™s the only cotton in my house lol rayon FTW for me, I bought a box for 15 bucks and I will never run out, my wicks last longer than cotton, and rayon actually wicks instead of absorbing like cotton so it works better in rtaā€™s, the only downside I have ever found with rayon is for dripping, because it doesnā€™t absorb you are limited to what is in your juice well and some drippers barely have a juice well but squonking takes care of that issue.

5 Likes

How would you put up a toasted bread recipe? I have now tried to mix 3.5% golden butter and 0.5% acetyl pyrazine joy 0.15% cereal 27 5% sweet strawberry 4% strawberry ripe 4% 0.50% super sweet

3 Likes

@min0, are you doing a toasted bread, or a Jam Monster clone ? Unless you are JM cloning, I wouldnā€™t go that high with the butter.

2 Likes

What other wick materials have you tried?
I have used Japanese organic in the past but was a little turned off by the break-in required. That initial taste to me is kinda nasty. I do like Cotton Bacon Prime though and switch off with Rayon. Excellent results with the Rayon but when cutting and fluffing it out it ā€˜shedsā€™ Rayon fibers like a Labrador sheds fur. Need to be careful otherwise thereā€™s a chance of the fibers mixing in with the juice.

And in keeping with the topic, I have Cereal 27 but have not used it yet.

5 Likes

Sadly, one of those rare things you canā€™t get on aliexpress it seemsā€¦

3 Likes

Try here Rayon/Amazon

4 Likes