Cheesecake la vs other

Here’s a cheesecake base I made, just add whatever you want to it:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/771123/Grubby+NY+Cheesecake+w%2FCream

2 Likes

Oh I have already talked with them and they say LorAnn makes it and that’s where they get it. LorAnn told me they never made a clover honey. Haha wtf?! I haven’t tested this theory yet, but I think it may be LA’s regular honey and for some reason WL relabels it as Clover Honey (although they do not do this with any other flavor?)

I have been meaning to get around to buying their regular honey to see if it’s the same, just haven’t yet.

This HAS to be thew case though. Try searching the interwebs for Clover honey LA and you will not find it anywhere besides WL

Trust me, we went back and forth and were on the phone for a week trying to get a straight answer haha

2 Likes

I believe you. You bought mine original one ( I still have it )the second bottle I gifted Bc I bought it before I knew yours was coming :wink:

I searched earlier and had deja VU thinking we’ve done this before. The only thing I found was LA honey as well. Weirdo ! Why they would do this is unknown but it’s a great flavor so I wanted to spread the word.

2 Likes

On WL
"Description from the manufacturer’s website:
Honey Clover Flavor

LorAnn’s professional strength candy oils and essential oils are 3x to 4x stronger than typical alcohol-based extracts. These flavors are all appropriate for the higher temperatures of candy making. Most are appropriate for use in chocolates and all are ideal for flavoring baked goods, icing, & more.
Concentrated & Gluten-Free"

On Lorann site for honey:
A little goes a long way!LorAnn’s super strength flavors (also known as candy oils or flavoring oils) are three to four times the strength of water or alcohol-based flavorings or “extracts”.

Use Honey Flavor Candy Oil In: Hard candy, general candy making, cakes, cookies, frosting, ice cream and a wide variety of other baking and confectionery applications.

Note: When substituting these flavors for extracts, use ¼ to ½ teaspoon for 1 teaspoon of extract.

I would say they are one of the same but different name…

2 Likes

Oh I couldn’t agree more! When I saw your post it made me remember that I was going to message you and tell you this, but I forgot all about it :slight_smile: IF their honey is not the same as the clover though… huh?? lol

3 Likes

Get your hands on the MSDS and it will tell you who the mfg is.

2 Likes

This is one of WL’s manger’s response to my question…

Wizard Labs purchases a food flavoring called Honey Clover from LorAnn Oils directly. I do know there are many flavorings that aren’t available for the traditional consumer that is available to us as bulk wholesale customers from most vendors.

1 Like

[quote=“Amy2, post:47, topic:77677”]Wizard Labs
"I do know there are many flavorings that aren’t available for the traditional consumer that is available to us as bulk wholesale customers from most vendors"
[/quote]

Shenanigans!

3 Likes

Well the thing is, I am purchasing B2B as a wholesaler through my ejuice company and not as a consumer. Strange thing is, LorAnn claims they have not ever carried a clover honey for consumers or wholesale, etc. I’m pretty sure it was just their regular honey, for which I will know soon when I get it. If what WL is saying is true, then you would see other companies besides just WL carrying it. Interesting stuff.

3 Likes

I will be awaiting your assessment of LA Honey ! & I hear ya it is strange only they ( WL) carries it.

2 Likes

I just tried LA Cheesecake. Not going back to Capella!

2 Likes

I like Capella NYCC, and I love TPA Cheesecake/Graham Cracker. But yeah, LA cheesecake is special. Glad you enjoyed it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

I like LA eggnog and there marshmallow is good to

1 Like

I think the Highest rated flavour I’ve seen would be, “Yes, We Cheesecake” by Inawera

4 Likes

I have used it a few times and do not think it is all that everyone makes it out to be … It still need help , I did use it at three pct based on others opinion and just mixed with it last night @1.5pct I am betting 3 might be a bit much

4 Likes

I’m having a hard time getting cheesecake down. Need to get back to it.

3 Likes