Chefs will NO longer be restocking single flavours

Imagine duties on top of things as well, a lot of the people that come to the ELR discord find it too expensive to get flavours EU to UK vice versa would be my guess

4 Likes

I sell on ebay and ship worldwide. All I know is that since this ahems, coughs, clears throat administration came in almost 2 years ago, my sales have plummeted to nil.

3 Likes

@KC111 sorry to hear that, BUT, with the 80,000+ new IRS agents coming online soon, maybe youā€™re better off now.

3 Likes

Biden Let's Go Brandon
Surprised they havenā€™t raided my home already. Look at my sign outside my fence with my big, scary menacing pittie protecting me from those armed IRS agents (my sweet ol softie baby).

5 Likes

Chefs has IOSS. I need another supplier with that. Any suggestion. British single flavor seller with IOSS?

2 Likes

Nice. Great on the neighborhood watch too !!!

4 Likes

Iā€™m not aware of any other. If youā€™re from the EU, then Nomnomz is the only reasonable option now (they donā€™t have IOSS, but they donā€™t need it since they are located in the Northern Ireland = within EU tax zone, means you donā€™t pay any extra taxes or import duties.

4 Likes

No worries (except some flavors might be gone). You can expect another huge discount soon; Black Friday will probably be 50+% discount; they want to (have to?) get rid of everything by the new year, so no worries about next discounts.

4 Likes

Yeah, that is what I am trying to avoid, everything being out of stock.

4 Likes

Iā€™m on the opposite side here it seems. Iā€™d say i luckily did buy around a dozen of CSCā€™s and i was buying them more than i normally would precisely because this might be the last chance to get them.

I mix for myself only and not selling around, so iā€™d be more than delighted if i end up with the recipe of the year with any of these flavors. What i wouldnā€™t be happy about is missing ā€˜thatā€™ amazing flavor / building block while i had a chance (and iā€™m not happy that i missed Meringue, Hazelnut Cream and Sponge Cake as it seems; iā€™d make another order today despite iā€™d knew they will be dead flavors by the end of the year).

Same was always before; iā€™m glad i had a chance to get old Milk Choc INW or Holy Vanilla; i would hate missing them (and i think many think the same; i never heard anyone complaining buying them, but most of those who miss them were complaining; complaining much more). Ofc if youā€™re selling further then thatā€™s another story and i could see myself hating that.

5 Likes

New taxes and duties that might be huge for some EU countries. New restrictions for some countries that made impossible for smaller vendors to sell in the EU (thatā€™s why we ended with two vendors only, Chefs and NN, while 2-3 years ago we were buying at dozen UK vendors). New additional barriers in some countries introduced lately (like Germany; Chefs and i assume others too cannot sell there anymore and Germany was their second biggest market). All these market disruptions resulted in less convenient buying experience for buyers and especially for newbies. You suddenly donā€™t need 8 different apples anymore, but rather buy that single one at your local dealer. It all adds up at the end.

6 Likes

Even a thing here, I bought an RSA from Statum.Store in the US, it was a 160 dollar Atty with a 90 dollar Duty attached to itā€¦ They can be pretty hefty and Iā€™m not sure as to how they calculate it here, but it seems to be random because Iā€™ve purchased devices that cost more than that and they werenā€™t that bad.

5 Likes

I made the ā€œmegaorderā€, you havenā€™t got a clue of a nightmare that was, here we go:
At 7 in the morning, I picked up 150 odd flavours, checking out it says: error on checkout (no plausible reason) refresh the page and so forth.
Tried again that to no avail, Chef was still closed yesterday morning so no customer care, tried again for two hours, same error, once chef opened I gave them a call, they (Leah) said it was Shopify fault and will talk to them and tell them my issue, to make story short, after an 8 hours ordeal no error on checkout, but it seemed that it wouldnā€™t send it to my address WTF? It did till last month, nothing changed! I tried with another account same thing, anyway after 12 hours, I changed server on a VPN and it decided it can send to my address.
In these 12 hours I: switched OS (W11-IOS) nogo, cleared cache, switched 4 different browser, went incognito, through a VPN, nothing seemed to work, went below the 100Ā£ before discount limit, (when I was having the delivery issue) then I went below the 2kg (but it should have given the DHL option) copied and paste the cart, put a new cart in with my wifeā€™s account, and in the meantime my cart was getting thinner and thinner, at the end I made it, but, the cherry on the top was that, Viva wallet doesnā€™t particularly like VPNs and it got stuck (nearly had an heart attack) refreshed the page and it worked.
To work this one out I had 3 carts and didnā€™t know which one would have gone through, if the fattest or the slimmest, I just paid and thatā€™s it, donā€™t ask me what flavs Iā€™ve got, I truly donā€™t know, I was so frustrated that I didnā€™t even look at the listā€¦
Thank god Iā€™m retired and can stay there as much as I wantā€¦ butā€¦ not the way to do business and not even their fault! Thanks Shopify.
Thatā€™s being loyal innit? And quite a few of us have been since 2015.
Anyway, thanks Chef for all these years of mixing and helping us get better!

9 Likes

Now flip them, 40 dollars a 10ml for the desperates.

4 Likes

Oh I havenā€™t seen these guys before, just had a looksee: very nice thanks Ianc :+1:

Thanks Gazza! I have used flavourchasers.com.au too, they are pretty good & I love free shipping especially for $50!

Thanks fidalgo and marsh! I have now bookmarked JuiceFactory too :+1:

We are actually very lucky and I should not be complaining - I am just lazy and love a bargain :grin: :+1:

8 Likes

The american way lolā€¦

5 Likes

Wow Frank, that WAS a hell of a story, and situation. Wow.

4 Likes

So sad to hear this, how unbelievably frustrating! I still think part of the problem is the Chefā€™s website, even though the people are incredible. Iā€™m adding flavors to the cart and while I am in the middle of that, the cart disappears on me, and I have to start over and hope that I remembered everything that I wanted to begin with. It helps that my items remain in the ā€œwish listā€, but even that is still finicky.

6 Likes

Honestly what you cant get at NN you can get at vapable (those odds and ends) that NN doesnt have in stock. Lately with chefs everything i wanted was out of stock. It was hard as hell to get cinnamon donut vta. Their ice cream was rarely in stock. They have changed their model to the other diy users who want one shots and dont want to mix their own. The least they could have done was keep their own line. But nope brought it out and said sorry you can all go fk yourselves

6 Likes

Thatā€™s not correct. Vapable holds only basic flavors of basic brands, NN has most of what we need (and Chefs had them all before). Just take a look Vapable - in total they have only 15 FLV, only 10 MB, only 28 WF, only 33 FA, only 4 OOO (lol, i personally have 2-3x more of these flavors than they have), not to mention they donā€™t even have VTA, SSA to name just two of my most used brands. They might be great for average buyer or a newbie, but for a more demanding customer who knows exactly what heā€™s looking for they are just not an option.

Also, most of their flavors are 20%+ more expensive than NN and even more than that vs Chefs. But thereā€™s even more trouble for international customers. Shipping is way higher (50-100% higher) PLUS they donā€™t have IOSS (like Chefs) or are tax-free (like NN is for us). All these nonsense extra expenses add up quickly; Vapable is just not a serious option for us.

6 Likes