Cherry Troubles

Yeah, their bing cherry fell flat on its face when everyone found out it had coconut oil in it (I believe?..).

I really wanna find a good recipe with cherry.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve come up with a great cherry recipe, if I could just find a cherry worthy of it. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping for the Rainier. I havenā€™t ever published it cause itā€™s just not right with the cherries Iā€™ve tried.

Itā€™s called White Chocolate covered cherries jubilee.

1 Like

Well, I am putting in an order soon, so I am going to ask a few people and check the flavor list.

Letā€™s see if we canā€™t kill this thread.

1 Like

Your comment, although with it I personally agree, really just triggered thoughts already brewing, and observations made since my beginning to vape.

I think the dynamics at work with our senses and vaping go beyond that of food and drink, mostly because of the delivery. It is interesting, is all, and maybe understanding those dynamics better would make us better mixers.

Maybe just over thinking. :]

Also, concur with your thoughts about a need for a cupping (or other) type of method for sampling e-liquid. I would guess, though, that it already exists in various forms, but likely commercially guarded. But I donā€™t know a thing. Heck, I have already pondered how such a method might be developed, and I am completely new to vaping and mixing.

Anyway. Rambling. Gotta go design myself a Philly cheese steak with sautƩed onion vape. Haha
Thanks for replying.

2 Likes

I agree with the theory that a true fruity cherry may not translate accurately into vapor form. We may have to temper our expectations and be satisfied with delicious, even if itā€™s not accurate to fresh picked. Perfect example, I mentioned testing the RF cherry on a dirty coil right? Well itā€™s not a horrid gunky coil yet so I threw some creamy yogurt in there just to finish off this coil for good and now it tastes very much like cherry Yoplait. Itā€™s very nice! So, maybe for some flavors we should embrace them for how they work as a vape rather than expecting them to taste like something theyā€™re not.

2 Likes

@Pentine I just got a care package and in it was Euro Amerena Cherry Smells wonderful, but then again so did the cherry extract from TPA and the Maraschino cherry. Also have the Rainier cherry from Fla. this one smells like Iā€™d expect a cherry to taste. so Iā€™m going to have to give both a go and see where it leads

1 Like

Have the INW Cherry/ Cherries coming in tomorrow. Will have to mix them and get back with you.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tried many Cherries to make a Cherry Vanilla and finally came up with a good, simple one. Forget about all the online flavors and Go to Wal-Mart. Buy Watkins Cherry and Watkins Vanilla. Best by-far Cherry Vanilla Iā€™ve had.

1 Like

GPC, maybe something like this one I made?

1 Like