Chinese Vape regulations, Oct 1st 2022

Regulations for import and export

If a wholesaler wants to pivot to exports, it must update its license scope and get approval from the STMA.

The latest version of the administrative measures has slightly relaxed requirements for the production of vapes made for export only, having removed the requirement for such companies to register products and receive a production license from the STMA.

The new administrative measures, however, do stipulate that products made for export must meet the standards and regulations of the import company. If the import company does not have any relevant standards or regulations, then the products will be subject to China’s standards and regulations instead.

Companies engaged in e-cigarette-related production that have obtained a tobacco monopoly production license and are engaged in export business must carry out export filing on the e-cigarette transaction management platform.

Consumption tax

From November 1, 2022, e-cigarettes in China will be subject to consumption tax, and e-cigarettes will be added as a sub-item under tobacco on the list of tax items.

For the purposes of tax collection, the definition of e-cigarettes products is: “Electronic transmission systems used to generate aerosols for people to smoke, including pods, vaping equipment, and e-cigarette products sold in combination with pods and vaping equipment. Cartridges refer to e-cigarette components that contain atomized substances. Vaping equipment refers to electronic devices that atomize substances into inhalable aerosols.”

7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

:rofl:

:rofl:

5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

That’s an interesting one

3 Likes

It’s all from 2018 and earlier. Over four years old news. Obviously China hasn’t followed it’s own rules since the US allows only tobacco flavors and most disposable’s are fruits.

5 Likes

Fast Tech is done. I had a couple things that were supposed to be sent last week from pre-orders. They emailed me telling me they would either refund me or I could pick something in stock. Sad how countries are thriving on people smoking cigarettes.

5 Likes

I placed a last minute order on Oct. 31. All of the items were supposed to ship within 5 days.
Now, 14 days later several of these items are no longer available. I’ve made substitutions with items which are shown to ship in 24 hours. Fast Tech was always my favorite Chinese supplier due primarily to their huge selection, and great customer service,

7 Likes

@CCS if you still have an order pending I recommend breaking items into separate order transactions, canceling the multiple items order. Make sure nothing is listed as pre-order. The code “DEALS” still works for 20% off. Always try code “MAP”(or is it “MAPS”) when ordering Fasttech.

Fasttech has long been my favorite vape supplier for devices and hardware. I’m very sad to see these new Chinese regulations, especially since they are engineered to promote and profit combustible tabacco cigarettes in the false guise of protecting children. It seems they have copied the US methods to achieve the undeclared goal, just as they copy everything else we have ever done.

6 Likes

6 out of 7 items are showing “ready to ship”. The final item was changed this morning to one which “ships in 24 hours”. The total order was less than $50.00(US), so I’m going to cross my fingers and see what happens. I already have the 20% off, but thanks for your tips.

5 Likes

Me too, I’m sad to see them go.

7 Likes

Same here. I mean SURE, they DID get known as SlowTech, but hey, great selection, and pricing, AND, sometimes it took soo long to arrive, by the time it did, it was like a SURPRISE Vape Mail !!!

10 Likes

My longest package was 90 days

4 Likes

It really is too bad. When the U.S. caved on vaping, FT was there to keep us going. Soon, none of them will be around. I’ll tell you what though, I’m NOT going back to stinkies. Nope nope nope.

7 Likes

It may be a great opportunity for espiring black market entrepreneur’s.

3 Likes

True, true. The past few orders I’ve gotten have been about 17-20 days to my door from the time tracking went live. I just got emails about 2 orders that have shipped. I’ll keep track. A black Steam Crave rsda and a SS. (Postless) It was pretty much the only alternative to not being able to get my pre-orders. Either those or a refund . I love my Steam Craves. :tada:

7 Likes
  1. Chinese vape laws have changed, and now they are much stricter than before!
  2. What does this mean?
  3. How do I know if my vape juice is compliant?
  4. Is it safe to use my old juices?
  5. Will I get fined?
  6. Can I still sell my ejuice?
  7. Where can I buy my juice?
  8. Do I need to change my packaging?
  9. What should I look out for?
  10. What else do I need to know?
  11. What about my customers?
  12. What if I don’t comply?
  13. What happens if I don’t comply?!
  14. Who do I contact?
4 Likes