Citadel rda - change squonk to regular pin

Hello.

I bought Citadel Style RDA, it said in the description that I can use it not only on squonk mods - “This RDA comes with bottom feeder pin. The screw in the bottom base can be installed to the bottom feeder pin to make it as standard 510 center pin”

I don’t have any squonk mods, so i screwed in a small screw from the bottom base in the aquonk feeder pin but none of my mods read this rda, it says - check your rda…

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

6 Likes

@WhiteRaven … There could be a couple different things… if it doesn’t pick up on any mod, then u might try backing the pin out a tad…, it could not be getting an exact connection b/c of the gap, so make sure it (pin in the bottom of atty) can make a contact with the mods pin…

5 Likes

I do not personally have this RDA but threading in the normal pin isn’t usually the issue but over- tightening it is: Loosen it by one turn and the mod should accept it.

Here’s one of my Asgards. You can clearly see the screw protruding (like a mildly excited mammal) above the 510 threading. If you approach it this way - all should be golden.

Let me know if it doesn’t work, then we can go through contact issues.

7 Likes

Sometimes with rdas they have an additional resistor casing for either or. I have had a few rdas where it takes a resistor ring on the normal pin and sometimes with the squonk pin. It should have had a booklet on it. If its neither listen too @St3v0 and back it out till it registers. A little at a time

7 Likes

Seems you beat me to the punch on the same sound advice: Serves me right for being sedate in most things.

6 Likes

It doesn’t have a reqular screw for the squonk hole, just a tiny screw like on the base stand… it jusr closes the squonk hole and thats all, its ao tiny that it doest touch my mods connector :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

Lol… I just happened to be doing nothing at the moment & was on here & saw this so I figured I’d lend my 2 cents… but @WhiteRaven , any advice u need with anything just ask & this wonderful community & they’re sure to figure it out!!

6 Likes

Here are your screws.

You will probably have to use the Allen key to loosen the threads a touch.

You also seem to have a pin to add to the screw and make it a standard RDA. Again, use the Allen Key to remove it and then add it to the other screws.

6 Likes

That tiny squonk blocker should be deeper than the regular 510 positive. IMHO the 510 positive should be snug and not loosened out. Maybe check your mod that its 510 moves up and down, and not stuck down.

6 Likes

I just watched a vid on it yeah he is missing that allen screw in it that most certainly could be the issue

2 Likes

In here there was an addinional tiny screw, the only one that fits in the squonk hole and closes it. When I screw this tiny screw in the squonk hole, it goes very deep. So it closes the squonk hole but that doesn’t help to get any connection with the mod. Really weird shit :man_facepalming:t2:

There are no other spare parts, just 4 bigger screws for the posts…

6 Likes

This rda doesn’t have a screw like this

How it’s supposed to contact with a mod, only chineese know…

6 Likes

In the video there was still a screw in that port you dont have one in when he put the plug screw in. Its at the 4:24 mark you can still see the aleen screw in the base of the rda. I think you are suppose to use a post screw. Put that screw back in the base and use one of the post screws and see if it works. That screw in the base looks like a contact. So it needs to be there.

5 Likes

After looking at squirrels that screw you took out is most def meant to be there. So yes you need to have a screw in that now open threaded hole. It is a contact for the the build deck

3 Likes

Heres a pic of Authentic Citadel

7 Likes

Should I ask my wife then?

6 Likes

Fiddy, do you have a dedicated squonk pin?

Gotta disagree with you. Mine is like Jai’s. And, my tiny screw hole does not line up underneath the 510 positive block (side with the insulator). Once removed I still see the bases SS. I have at least one more RDA with that same tiny blocker threaded into the top portion of an RDA.

7 Likes

This one has never been used or taken out of bag …Looks like a squonk pin is pre installed

7 Likes

Was that all for 1 mod, like 2 bases.

I remember when you were thinking of buying it and I said it had great flavor. Jai Haze’s video said good flavor. What say you?

6 Likes

No i got 2 citadels , an entheon and hadaly to see whats what…All of these are very very good rdas , Entheon might be my fave

7 Likes