Close call last night

A $200 drone, depending on the model/brand, would probably work just fine. They are engineered for novice pilots and are usually quite easy to fly. The really cool drones are more advanced and considerably more expensive. And once you scratch that itch don’t be surprised if you find yourself wanting to upgrade.

5 Likes

I have one the wife got me for Christmas a few years ago. It’s one of those ~$200 ones. I mentioned to her it would be cool to have a drone follow us on the lake and make a video, and she decided that was enough to warrant it for Christmas.

Problem is, I can’t even fly a kite. I’ve been far too nervous about drowning the thing so I haven’t even opened the box yet. I don’t know if she forgot about it or realized it wasn’t the best gift idea because she hasn’t mentioned it at all in a very long time. Seeing drone footage is cool but I don’t think I could successfully do it.

I really would have preferred a new catfish rod.

4 Likes

Ya i have a few RTF Blade Helivpters and they are fun , but to fly them outside the wind has to be ZERO so …The kids have small drones 40 , 50 $ ones and those are cool…

I was thinking something like this to start out with , learn first 100$ to destroy isnt heart breaking lol

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ryze-tech-tello-quadcopter-white-and-black/6201408.p?skuId=6201408&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1268655&gclid=CjwKCAjwqdn1BRBREiwAEbZcRz4DAogba69mJufTD3gyCcKDl2upNRx49sOU3EDDEnot9Db0KJeeKRoCG20QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

4 Likes