Close call last night

That’s definitely too close for comfort!!!

Love the picture with the car roof covered with a cloth…. that ain’t going to save your car buddy… :rofl:

5 Likes

So glad you’re safe Pro_Vapes.
I saw some footage on the news but didn’t pay much attention - always makes it so much more “real” when you hear personal stories - thanks for sharing :hugs:

4 Likes

It’s actually a classic Camaro with the T-top roof. I think it has a leaky roof because she covers it everytime it rains.:rofl:

7 Likes

What Camaro with a T-top doesn’t leak! :joy: I’ll give anyone a $1 and a doughnut if they can prove that there’s one that doesn’t!

6 Likes

Have you had any first-hand experience with the federal govt response?

5 Likes

I was told I could apply for food stamps, but considering I had no loss of food then I won’t. I had no damage to my property or being so I consider myself to be very lucky. I only lost electricity for about 72 hrs. Some people less than 1 mile away lost nearly everything. Thankfully in Hermitage, TN there was no deaths.

Edit: I heard President Trump would be in the Nashville area today so I’m thinking he’ll help those in real need.

6 Likes

Watching coverage/video of some of the damage down there @Pro_Vapes, and considering how close it was to you, very glad you were lucky. Saddened obviously with the plight of many others.

5 Likes

Yeah… be on the lookout! :eyes: He might pitch out some more paper towels like he did in Puerto Rico. :smirk:

5 Likes

Are you running a fever ?
I’m suspecting TDS right now. Might want to have it checked out. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

:hugs:

5 Likes

Glad you are okay.

3 Likes

I finally shot drone footage of some of the damage caused by the tornado in my area. From what I’ve seen in this video I’d estimate that it ended about 1/2 from me…

It’s been a bit since I’ve flown this drone so it’s a little rough and unedited…

10 Likes

Watching now @Pro_Vapes

4 Likes

Wow, not only are your drone flying skills not lacking, very sharp video to boot. You just can’t get the sense of the damage from pictures, and that video really showed a realer perspective of it. Great video, of a really bad situation @Pro_Vapes.

5 Likes

I actually lost the tornado’s path after I crossed the rock quarry. There’s about another mile and half of damage. That’s mostly business and wooded area. The path was to the left of where I flew. I did drive through one of those communities and besides the structural damage they really have cleaned up a lot. It looked much worst a few days ago.

And for @Alisa, I did spot a big FEMA camper in that 1st community, so the Feds are there on site helping out. :+1:

6 Likes

Glad to hear that.

4 Likes

God god. I hope you have a tornado insurance I’ve heard you can get those in tornado areas :slight_smile: I would definitely get one if I ever had the risk of being hit by one dam that’s frightening. In Sweden we never heard about tornados or earthquakes.

3 Likes

Here in California, earthquakes are a part of life. Before the internet and instant information, my friends and I would call each other (on this thing now called a land-line) and try to guess the magnitude. Whoever got it right, would get a soda that the rest would pay for.

4 Likes

It’s strange for me how easy you and your friends take an earthquake. I would literally P!$$ my pants :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

Ive always wanted a drone…Have no clue if the 200$ ones are capable of flying well or if you have to spend the big bucks …Cool video , not the damage obviously

4 Likes