Coconut flavours taste like chemical paint stripper

Hope someone can help me, Ive always liked coconut flavoured anything. Since I’ve started vaping since 2015 the coconut flavoured e liquids have always eluded me. Firstly I tried T-Juice Vamp Vape it tasted like paint stripper, only once, by chance and persistancy did it taste great (but only every once from over five attempts), I bought Five Pawns Castle Long, to my disbelieve it tasted exactly the same as Vamp Vape…all I tasted was paint stripper…Then tried making DIY e liquids…namely Castle Long…tasted exactly the same…crap.
Is there anything I can do ? or I am I never meant to taste coconut :pensive:

6 Likes

This is your first clue. Unfortunately some flavors will sit wrong with some people no matter the brand or strength. The fact that you’ve always felt this way about every coconut, retail or DIY hints that a coconut vape may not work out for you.

Don’t give up entirely, just accept the possibility. I felt the same about chocolate (burnt tires), peanut butter/ any nuts (I feel it in my throat like I’m choking, yet I’m not allergic) and graham cracker (moldy cardboard).

Out of all the above, I did find a few chocolates in DIY that are really nice, the other two, nope, nothing works. I just have to eat the real thing for my fix on those flavors.

My advice if you’re determined to keep trying is to look for sales to save $, buy 10ml sizes, start with low % mixing small, ZERO NIC testers and let the mixes steep a few weeks or months. I say 0 nic because if the mix doesn’t work for vaping, it can still be nice in coffee. It’s not a waste to buy these flavors since you can add them to bakery, candy and beverages if they don’t work for vaping.

Good luck!

8 Likes

@Attif Oh Yes there IS something you can do.

BEST, hands down coconut I’ve ever tried, bar none. I credit @jojo for finding this one. I don’t get paint thinner, but just about every coconut I’ve tried is greasy, heavy, just NOT for me, UNTIL that is, I tried the Delosi Coconut.

10 Likes

Hey People, thanks a lot for the suggestions, I’m going to buy various coconut concentrates and test them one by one, especially the Delosi one. In the meantime going to do a bit a research on diacetyl flavours, Big thumbs up to you all,

5 Likes

Checked the vape cave, and I’m even running low, …

3 Likes

I’m gonna try this. Coconut flavorings are not nasty to my taste they just “muddy” everything up. Definitely not coconut I’m tasting. Don’t have words for the taste but I can take a decent mix toss in some coconut and it tastes like chalk dust. Ok, maybe I can find words.

8 Likes

Ooorah brother. You now MUST tell me what you think. I forget exactly how I came to be looking (again) for a coco that didn’t taste bad or greasy. Think I was doing a do-over on a Tigers Blood, and my Coco Extra hurt me good. Saw @jojo’s comments, and I had to try. Some of their others were bleh, but the Coco was spot on delosi-delicious.

Coconut (Delosi) 5% (8-07-19) – Stumbled across Jojo’s notes on this one, and motivated me to test. This one smelled great on mixing, and after a short steep continued to be stellar. This may be my (just like Jojo) new fav coconut. It has NONE of the “greasy” notes that some other coco’s have, but all the good parts. It imparts all the best of fresh coconut with plenty of body, great sweetness, some of the cream, and the meat. It’s all in there. Continued solo vaping @ 5% revealed no off putting notes, and I can already see this taking over my number one slot for some dragon’s blood mixes. Very full, but not cloying at this %, and can’t wait to get a bigger bottle, and start mixing with it. 10/10.

3 Likes

Will do! Tiger’s blood was the worst for me too. There was a commercial Tiger’s Blood I liked, can’t remember the brand. Regardless, a good coconut would be wonderful to find!!!

4 Likes

Oh, just as a tangent, I tried Alpine Strawberry after reading fabulous reviews. Yuch!!! Battery acid!!! I get the Alpine part. I can only think of pine sap. Great stuff for burning out a sore throat but no delicacy.

6 Likes

Yeah, roger that @SmilingOgre, it’s a wild one, AND a pricey one at that. I mean I got some SB out of it, but (maybe what you meant by pine) I kept getting a very “green”-ness element to it. Under ripe SB ?? White before it’s red SB ?? Not sure I too, read the ravey reviews, figured what the hell. Even mixed it far lower to make sure (because it IS strong) I wasn’t popping the cork on it, and still SB was there, but that damned green thing kept showing it’s face.

5 Likes

Only think I can think of is to try using just a tiny touch of it to bring out the “ripe”? I’m going to give it a shot. I’ve found kind of a “stone” with CA sweet, FA, and TPA ripe that do the best for me at present. It’s a process.

3 Likes

Exactly Ogre, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Use it to PUNCH through, not CARRY it through.

4 Likes

Bingo!!!

Thanks, btw. I love this forum and vapers in general at times like these. “Hey, have you tried this?” I was babbling about I don’t like pods to a local B&M owner the other day. He asked me a couple of questions about what I didn’t like and asked me to give an Aspire AVP a shot. Damn, if he didn’t nail it. I can use that thing.

4 Likes

I can’t find a UK supplier for Delosi coconut…really need to try this now…otherwise I’ll order from the States.

6 Likes

That was kind of my reaction also. Had high hopes for Alpine but was sadly disappointed.

5 Likes

@SmilingOgre @SessionDrummer @TorturedZen

Question for you folks that had bad experiences with Alpine:
Did you try it around the 1 drop (or thereabouts) per 30ml?

The only reason I ask is because most of what I’ve read talk about it being insanely strong…

4 Likes

Yes @Sprkslfly tried higher, and lower than that. The effect was about the same.

5 Likes

There’s no doubt I mixed it too strong, but it simply does not hit me as a primary strawberry. Maybe a strawberry enhancer?

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I thought.

4 Likes

Did you try the Honey (DEL) yet?
If not pick it up and let me know if my tastes buds are crazy or if 1% in any fruit mix just takes you to honey heaven.

I like having it as an alternative and unique sweetener also at lower %'s. It’s pretty strong so a smaller bottle will last you a while.

I’ll DM you

2 Likes