Coconut flavours taste like chemical paint stripper

I have definitely experienced that with one flavor (for sure)… I had a 30ml bottle of marshmallow, new Cap that went bad in under a year (about the 8 month mark). NOTE: it was accidentally exposed to temps near 84°F for about 3 days though… And I’m equally certain that that had something to do with its early demise.

4 Likes

I know what your saying, but Castle Long was purchased only approx a week ago, the FA Coconut was purchased about 2 weeks ago, and vamp vape was bought direct from T Juice, so these juices are pretty fresh…its just me and coconut flavoring so far.

4 Likes

Interesting. It happened to me once with Strawberry RF. My SB was rebottled and i was guessing the reason is that i was lucky to get the last drops from their barrel before opening a new one (since alco stays on the top if not mixed enough, so in the almost empty barrel it was way too much alcohol vs flavor). Was yours original MF bottle?

Wow. I never thought about that. :shushing_face: I’m storing my flavors in my room and it gets up to 75-80F frequently in the summer. I didn’t recognize any changes; some of my flavors are 3 years old (and who knows how old were they when i bought them). Was that the only flavor that gone bad @Sprkslfly?

3 Likes

If all coconuts including one in your Castle Long taste bad for you, then you might have some sort of coconut sensitivity; some vapers just don’t like it in their mixes (like mlNikon), no matter if you like it or not in your real life. I’d say make a testing of Coconut FA which is good at 1.5% and then move higher and if it doesn’t taste good, then you rather move further with your exploring and forget about coconut vapes.

I forgot to say, since you have Coconut Candy DX, then it might require a week or two of steeping because of Butyric Acid (don’t know since i have reg version).

2 Likes

No sir… But given the age of the others (as I also have quite a few approaching three years old), I could not reliably contribute the ‘failure’ of them to the temp change. (Some that I lost were just things that I never should have ordered as a newbie, or didn’t get prioritized for one reason or another.)

Things like this though (the longevity factor) are one of the main reasons why I track what I bought, when I bought, and where I bought it. In addition to being able to track if/when I got a “watered down” (diluted) flavor. Which I’ve also had happen.

3 Likes

It was old stock 5ml glass bottle from ECX. They had switched to plastic long before I bought this one so I assume it was older than the plastic 5ml bottles. It was nail polish from the day I opened it.

3 Likes

Referring to the title of the topic, I kinda got that ‘paint stripper’ or tan lotion rather from CAP coconut in my earlier mixing. More of the same from TPA coconut extra (a bit more tolerable). After a while I got Coconut FA and this was better, but still wasn’t quite hitting the mark - I found it needed creams (with some sweetness) to help it along. Then I came across dessicated coconut (VTA), Sweet Coconut (Flavorah) and Coconut Custard (SC) (WF) - Each I’ve found have there place in recipes but most importantly, no tan lotion in sight.

6 Likes

I love love my flavorah coconut and sweet coconut…
You are right @PapaCHiGLY… they do have their places :wink:

3 Likes