Code Red for Humanity

No, check out their website from link above.

That’s what I think, too. It could be that their mindset is fuck it, just make all the money we can before we die. Orrr, make enough money to live in an atmospheric bubble :astonished:

7 Likes

I can’t believe what those who have been lying for decades say.
I’ll have to read this …

Bjorn Lomborg’s latest book is “False Alarm: How Climate Change Panic Costs Us Trillions, Hurts the Poor, and Fails to Fix the Planet.”

4 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

I am not an alarmist by any means but I must tell you that the New York Post is a “rag mag”. I know, I’m a New Yorker. I’d like to read more when I can and return. Have a great afternoon.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree with what you say about the NYP.
I think that the majority of the press belongs to the establishment, perhaps some independent journalist, but they are already in charge of silencing it.
It seems that we are not living in the information age, but that of information manipulation.

6 Likes

This is just how stupid the Biden administration is.

Higher gasoline costs, if left unchecked, risk harming the ongoing global recovery. The price of crude oil has been higher than it was at the end of 2019, before the onset of the pandemic.

While OPEC+ recently agreed to production increases, these increases will not fully offset previous production cuts that OPEC+ imposed during the pandemic until well into 2022. At a critical moment in the global recovery, this is simply not enough.

President Biden has made clear that he wants Americans to have access to affordable and reliable energy, including at the pump. Although we are not a party to OPEC, the United States will always speak to international partners regarding issues of significance that affect our national economic and security affairs, in public and private. We are engaging with relevant OPEC+ members on the importance of competitive markets in setting prices. Competitive energy markets will ensure reliable and stable energy supplies, and OPEC+ must do more to support the recovery.

Some Americans have no problem getting energy from other countries thereby letting them fuck up their environment while keeping theirs cleaner. They don’t seem to mind be held captive to the whims of countries whose plans and goals aren’t aligned with the US. This attitude of letting other countries pay the environmental cost for our energy is one of the best examples of neo-colonialism.

Exceptional, my ass!

6 Likes

Climate Change Truth File | CFACT
Two sides to every story!

5 Likes

I don’t know about CFACT, but this is an interesting read.

3 Likes

I think they want to sell us something …

4 Likes

One thing i truly hate when it comes to vape gear manufacturers is the ones that are manufacturing all these disposable pods, or whatever it is.

I think that we as customers should demand that they all quit making these disposable products ASAP to prevent even more damage to the world. We really don’t need any disposable stuff in the vaping community if you ask me.

When i have gotten the question if i would like to review a disposable unit no matter what it was i always turned them down and i also told them why i wouldn’t do the review.

I personally can’t be part of recommending any products that you use once and then throw away when we have other similar products that you can use over and over and over again.

We all as a collective in the vaping community need to take responsibility and do what we can to minimize the amount of garbage that ends up on landfills or wherever the garbage go in the country you live.

11 Likes

Good observation, Nat. Just one question…Exceptional, my ass! Which are you referring to as exceptional, relying on other countries only during exceptional times or simply, your ass? :rofl: (may we see it?)

5 Likes

Not many people do, were all drilled on just one side of the equation and that’s the PROBLEM! Government wants total control!!! Another interesting FACT is, the sun is always growing! Of course, it’s going to get warmer and eventually tear our world apart, piece by piece. That’s a long time off though.

4 Likes

I agree and I think Lomborg’s book sounds like an interesting read, especially if you abhor the use of fear by government and big corp to manipulate the masses. It also sounds like a good read for those of us who perceive our world through actual experience and absorption rather than relying on what others tell us (ie, news media outlets). Afterall, a level headed approach to climate change, lacking hysteria or snide remarks, does not gather a large audience.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Desk fans?

7 Likes

I picked a sentence out of that article you linked.

"…as a scientist I made presentations of their science without first checking it.” :crazy_face:

Have you given this statement any extra thought? I have never heard of an actual scientist who does that! If they do I think it’s time they take some refresher courses.

I don’t lean towards any side of the climate change argument. I just look for cracks like stated facts that are missing footnotes or some other form of evidence based information. You and I both can make presentations or write a blog on someone else’s information.

5 Likes

I don’t need to read other peoples’ reports to experience and see what’s going on around me. I look at everything up close and personal. Bugs, bushes, trees…I’ve seen entire species disappear before my eyes either by another invasive species or for reasons I don’t know because I didn’t see it happen. If you’re really in touch with the natural world you know more than you think.

6 Likes

Who’s fact-checking the fact checkers?

4 Likes

You’re a funny girl!

3 Likes

The weather thing bothers me. All this talk of how the storms are more frequent and worse than before. Before when? None of this talk is based on facts that matter. Here is how this should be looked at. Pick a decade, the 50’s then compare it to 2010-19. Count the numbers of deaths and injuries from storms. You’ll see it has declined. Keep in mind the population of the earth has doubled since 1950. Take those numbers and calculate the ratio to the population to see just how much it has truly declined, even in the poorer countries.

Next, take the estimated damage in dollars. You certainly can’t compare a 1950 dollar to a 2010 dollar due to inflation. What you can do is take the cost of a storm, let’s say 1 billion dollars. Then compare it to the GDP of that year. This is how you keep the variables in check and make an apple to apple comparison. So, that storm in 1950 that cost 1 billion dollars seems small to the one 50 years later that cost 10 billion dollars but when you look at it the right way you’ll see it has declined.

What you’ll find is that the human race, though it has doubled, has greatly decreased deaths and injuries over the last 70 years. In the US this has been done with better technology and it’s true in many parts of the world. Also, the cost to the economy has also decreased, again because of technology. A cat 5 hurricane that stays out at sea is not a problem unless it hits occupied land. We’ve been able to mitigate the effects of these storms greatly and will continue to do so. This notion that the weather is out of control and going to greatly damage the human race is stupid and dangerous. I’m waiting for some fucking genius to tell us that earthquakes are also part of climate change.

5 Likes