Code Red for Humanity

Again @Dan_the_Man, VERY agreed…

https://marinedebris.noaa.gov/info/patch.html

4 Likes

This is disturbing to me. It’s like the day plastic was discovered everything went plastic crazy. I’m old enough to remember my dad bringing home deli meat wrapped first in wax paper then an outer brown paper. Today it’s covered in wax paper which is thrown into a plastic ziplock bag. How many people would wash those plastic ziplocks and reuse them? Ha ha ha, mostly none. They prefer to buy new ones in fancy boxes.

Long lasting plastics have their use…in space travel.

4 Likes

Well I didn’t mean to make it seem like other issues weren’t threatening life on the planet, but from everything I’ve researched (yes, including global warming/cooling/change/whatever’s next), the idiocy, easily fixable, and utter damage to many, MANY lifeforms, the plastic trash patches really seemed to be near the top for me.

4 Likes

OK, ok. @natbone, @muth, @fidalgo_vapes, @Bad_Influence, @Gus6 ask yourselves this.

Please don’t take it the wrong way, but just ask yourselves this. If we ARE indeed overpopulated/overpopulating, and wrecking shit far faster than we can fix it (or have we even acted like we can or care), maybe, just MAYBE, all of those “No way man, that’s a crazy ass conspiracy theory”, about plans to “de-populate” the planet, or CULL the herd as it were, might NOT be entirely laughable any more ?

What say you ??

Are the tippity tops (the 3,000-6,000 people at the very top), conspiring to thin the herd, depopulate, reduce the stress on the planet ? New world order or … ??

4 Likes

How would YOU feel, if YOU were a tippity topper ?? What would YOU do ??

2 Likes

Hehe, pretty deep shit ehhh ?

2 Likes

For sure. Of all the pollution and contamination, it would seem plausible that we could get control over this “garbage”.

I watched this fascinating documentary called Fantastic Fungi about mushrooms. They are much more than we’ve known or thought. I guess they discovered that mushrooms can “consume”, breakdown plastics.

4 Likes

Wow, I didn’t even actually know that @muth

EVERY day above ground, is a blessing, and if you can LEARN something new, then it’s twice as nice.

3 Likes

Oh that’s a great question but I’m the wrong person to ask because I’ve always thought that governments were trying to get rid of us :astonished: What the real reason is I can’t prove but Assad is still murdering his own people. Hitler perceived Jews as a threat, called them an inferior race that needed to be extinguished, etc.

Do I think there is a master plan by the powers that be to cull the population? I don’t have time right now to get deep with this but I’m open to hearing about any and all ideas. One of the first things that come to my mind is forced sterilization.

3 Likes

Check it out, I saw it on either netflix or prime.

3 Likes

Don’t they need some of us to cook and clean their toilets or will the robots do it?

4 Likes

Fantastic Fungi is a descriptive time-lapse journey about the magical, mysterious and medicinal world of fungi and their power to heal, sustain and contribute to the regeneration of life on Earth that began 3.5 billion years ago.

5 Likes

Hehe, I know exactly what you’re talking about, and there ARE eerily similarities.

2 Likes

@muth how DO they get people to demand a “shot” ??

1 Like

That’s an old story. I mean this is hardcore conspircy territory but just google this Rockefeller speech where he was thanking the media for keeping quiet. And look at´this whole transhumanism shit they’re fiddling with. Again I’m sounding really negative but we’re not heading into a direction I’d expect if the goal was the same for all of us. It’s cruel but in a way it’s Darwin all over again, survival of the fittest. Which in this case equals wealthiest.
If it wasn’t so sad one could laugh about how conspiracy theorists couldn’t be proven wrong. More and more of the “most ridiculous” theories were reality all of a sudden.
But one ting is obvious to me: nothing is going to happen that would make a real difference. Because it seems to be up to us, not the ones who COULD make a difference. What we need are bans for the shit that kills us and the environment. Not some half arsed attempt to “make people do the right thing”. How many of us must change their lifes to compensate for just one new coal power station in China?
Apart from the lack of choice there is also the convenience point. Many people can’t be bothered to spend 15 minutes in a kitchen and rather have a ready meal from a plastic container. I have no problem with people being lazy or not having time. What bothers me are how the companies produce and pack up their stuff. And the rules they’re operating with are made by the bastards we got into the positions they’re in.

It always boils down to money. Wanna hear something radical? Take the richest 100 (1000? 10000?) families’ money and burn it. Limit personal wealth. Why the f does a single person need as much money as these people have? It’s like having a free pass on everything for the next 10000 years.
But as long as politics can convince poor people to vote conservative, can we really expect a change?

Apologies for yet another dystopian view. But unfortunately this is how I see the situation we’re in. And if it’s up to us to make a difference we first have to unite people. There are too many division lines in societies. Vegan - meat eater, smoker - non smoker, pedestrians vs cars vs cyclists in the cities, and then Brexit and corona, which tore families apart!

The “big reset” is coming, isn’t it? If it’s up to the people at the WEF for example, we won’t own anything anymore in 20 years or so. Everything will be a rental service. We already have this situation with media and software. But I’m drifting off…

One solution would be LSD and magic mushrooms once a month on a mandatory basis for everybody who handles more than 100 grand a year or something. Or at least 5 mandatory spliffs per day. But people may see that as a “bad influence” :laughing:

6 Likes

That looks right up my warped alley.

Just seeing the title made me think ‘I hope it mentions The Trumpet of Death’.

4 Likes

Agreed, and I also hear that there IS good news, BB is going to be coming back !!!

1 Like

The older version of Utopia is much better than the new one! OK, it’s very English but you’ll enjoy it anyway!

4 Likes

Robots will do it, but not for the normal peasant. But hey, look at all the books and films about machines turning on their users… I have no problem cleaning my own toilet for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

I have no idea and don’t know what you’re talking about. This is a thread about climate change and all of it’s “ifs, ands or buts”.

4 Likes