Coffee Makers! 🏅 The Golden Tool in making it through another day?

We’ll let you in the thread for just a little bit! :rofl: j/k

I love tea! … been playing around with some Matcha/Green Tea blend :grinning: … it has a very, very nice caffeine tail off :+1: But, steep it too long and you’ve got “lawn clippings with dog poop” tea. :joy:

7 Likes

Fresh beans are good and very fresh is always better than very old, but best flavor is expected at 5-7 days after they’re roasted. The chemistry inside the bean has to settle down a bit after the roast before you get the most out of it, kinda like steeping a good e-liquid :wink: After around 2-3 weeks, the flavor slowly starts to deteriorate.
That’s why, when you buy commercial coffee, you should always look for a date that says “Roasted on” instead of “Best before”. It’s not unheard of that a pack of coffee has been sitting in stores or warehouses for up to a year before it’s sold and while it’s not bad, it won’t taste how it’s supposed to. Luckily, the latest trend for quality coffees is to put the roast date on the package. A best before date usually displays a date of up to 2 years after the roast but that’s up to the roasting company, there are no standards in this area.

8 Likes

Nice info to know! :sunglasses: I hadn’t really thought about the specifics of roast date as opposed to best by date before. My eyes have been opened! :flushed:

7 Likes

To tell the truth, I usually drink strong americano even without sugar. But for summer I select green tea with lime or ice coffee. Indeed, they are the best drinks for such weather when we suffer from the heat. I also add some milk and marshmallow or chocolate flakes in it. They gave the drink such a special view that cheers up and sets up positive. I usually order decaf coffee beans at
https://crazycoffeecrave.com/best-decaf-coffee/ because they are more healthy and tasty for me. They are 100% chemical-free and no pesticides are ever used, it is very toned and invigorates. To tell the truth, the taste is especially for an amateur, but I really appreciate it and get the pleasure of drinking.

5 Likes

Wow, not a single pod in sight…

6 Likes

Nothing fancy for me. I’m good with a simple drip.

8 Likes

This has been a game changer. We can brew a full pot, or use our refillable k-cup for a quick single. Cafe Bustelo espresso ground for a stronger drip. Not the best, but we go through so much, we stay away from the high-class brands…We also keep a couple specialty pre-fab k-cups around for a switch up, but mostly use the bulk espresso.

It’s the K-Duo Plus™ Single Serve & Carafe Coffee Maker
12 cup stainless carafe included

6 Likes

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

2 Likes

I make coffee three different ways.

You can’t go wrong with an AeroPress!

(That’s not me, just a photo of a guy using an AeroPress!)

I also use a V60 very often for black pour over coffee - I love it!

Though I usually start my days with espresso or a latte with this monster:

I’m a coffee snob :frowning: :rofl:

9 Likes

Well there’s certainly nothing wrong with THAT !!!

3 Likes

Had this bad boy in storage for 2 months while I was living in a motel. Got a call from the storage place one day saying that my storage unit got broken into. What a mess! Them dirty rotten thief’s didn’t even see this box and luckily it’s still with me. #1 tip I learnt this summer was if your going to use a storage place always put the most expensive stuff in first so you can pile everything else on it so the thief’s have to work harder to get to it. They don’t usually like work anyways lol. #2 tip get the highest insurance and read the fine print they don’t cover “art” like really? I’m just glad I still have my machine and I’m finally in my new apartment. Apartment hunting while your stuck in a motel with your dog isn’t exactly the funniest time. Damn some people are nuts. “House keeping house keeping”…SLAM!! oh shut up!!! :hotel::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: lmao…I’m glad it’s over so I can finally enjoy a good cup of coffee. Oh and good old peace and quiet, well sort of it’s an apartment lol

6 Likes

9 Likes

Really, good old plunger with ground espresso beans works for me. Or… da da duhhhhhh a strong instant coffee!

I do latte when I am in town but seriously couldn’t be bothered making it myself. Had a couple of espresso machines over the years but all got kicked to the curb.

3 Likes