Coffee Vape From Beans

I haven’t tried MF Coffee yet but I’ve read that it is well received. I’ve been using Wonder Flavor’s Brazilian Coffee and that has been working quite well for me.

2 Likes

Coffee has more than a few toxicology issues. But artificial coffee substitutes have much more! Actually you would be better off vaping your own extracts made from real beans as I did above vrs any commercial vape product, as those products are probably formulated from “coffee substitutes” to get around the perishable nature of natural coffee flavor, which is highly reactive and degrades’ fast after extraction from a roasted bean.

I would want to run any “commercial coffee vape juice” through a MS before I vaped it! You would be looking for carcinogenic agents like acrylamide: here from the US NIH TOXNET Database is this:
“Due to the high acrylamide levels demonstrated in coffee substitutes, recommended amounts should be defined and manufacturers should be obliged to reduce such levels in these products.”

Before you vape anything you might want to search the database here:.

5 Likes

Yes I get a good buzz. The chemistry of that is probably pretty interesting, as caffeine is only soluble by weight at 0.77 in PG… That is a very low rate, so the caffeine must be entering into the PG liquid though different mechanisms. -I think I know how that is occurring, but will spare everyone six pages of description :grinning:

as to the other part of your question about the sad state of affairs on commercial coffee vape juice see my post above. There is a perishability problem. And anyway, commercial vape concentrate suppliers like what we have access to are not “making” anything anyway. Their business model is that of a high precision commercial mixer, just like someone in the business of making house paint. They buy bulk raw pure chemicals and then mix them. The last thing in the world they are interested in is solving difficult problems like coffee extractions. If they can not buy it as a ’ ready to go reagent precursor’ then they are not interested in the least. If you want to see exactly what goes on behind the scenes at a business that makes vape concentrates I highly recommend pbasardos tour of FA. -Part 1 and Part II

5 Likes

That seems like a pretty bold statement, unless you have a point of reference to support it…

Definitely some interesting (and new to me) information in your post though, and I appreciate it!

BTW, I’m a purist. There IS NO substitute for real coffee IMO. :wink: :laughing:

yes I do,… see my post above about the FA tour.

I’ll have to go back and watch those!
I don’t remember “triggering on” anything even remotely close to coffee in those. (And that’s something that usually grabs my attention like a bird dog lol)

But, then again, I’ve slept since then. Strong chance I’ve forgotten. sigh

Anyways, appreciate your insights! :wink:

Yeah @Sprkslfly maybe just focus on drinking an actual cuppa whilst vaping for the best experience. Capturing the volatiles in coffee that drive our fascination is probably harder that capturing Aliens in a Mason Jar …oh sorry wrong forum

2 Likes

Thank you. What an informative post…again. :+1:

Exactly. They’re brewing a cup …running it through the Spec …then comparing the list of 10,000 compounds found in a cup o’ roasted beans to the current list of chemical inventory and synthesizing an approximate coffee flavor …some much better than others. The topic re: Medicine Flower is they are branded as the company that actually/exclusively performs flavor extractions and therefore the most realistic/natural. I’m not the guy to ask about that, and the above is more of an impression from reading here (ELR) than actual fact.

1 Like

Great subject matter that I will comply with, I changed into REALLY into coffee 15 or so years ago, almost bought a storefront and had a backer that turned into willing to front the entire fee, unfortunately to find the different types of coffee the storefront wouldn’t release the records for my backer to check so the entire deal went south. I actually have about 6 exact lbs of a blend I made up and cherished in whole beans inside the deep freezer (subsequent to my nic), is probably exciting to play with a few.

3 Likes

Bumping this to see if anyone has any success?

3 Likes

I have tried years ago… but never did find a way to remove the oils completely.
I lacked the equipment.

2 Likes

I wonder if dry roasting or baking the beans a bit longer would extract more of the oils?

1 Like

You can try that… even perhaps a dehumidifier… but that will only draw out the water content.
What makes coffee is the oils. You might need a oh snap my brain went…

A way to extract via a water chamber. Collect the steam… and see from there.

2 Likes

I hate it when the brain goes wonky.

2 Likes

Too much work and not enough to decompress atm lol…
Maybe I need another cup of coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sounds good, after my lunch might have to get one.

2 Likes

I stopped for the same reason (oils) However, all the complex deliciousness of coffee comes from those oils …predictably bad for vaping long-term. A fun experiment though. My test was about <1 bean per ml. Much respect must be given to all the Flavor Vendors when you contemplate the Industrial processes required to make a safe extract. Also clearly shows why we don’t have easy delicious perfect replacement (and vapable!) bottled flavors for things like chocolate and coffee (long list).

4 Likes

Did you grind the bean or leave them whole?

2 Likes

I tried with both ground, minced and whole…

minced, made even more oils… ground was a bit less oily but you could really see the oils on top… whole, did nothing for me at all… then again… I drink a lot of espresso.

2 Likes