Coil Building Show Offs (Part II)

Very nice :tada:

5 Likes

Well I took your advice and threw a fused Clapton in my other RDA. Did lower wattage and boom they aren’t spitting all over the place! Taste great. A little bummed though because I just threw new cotton in my SS setup. Now I don’t know which to vape on lmao!

5 Likes

So damn now I feel like I have been missing out lol. I got this fused Clapton from my brother in law he gave me a sample pack from “demon killer”.

I know this thread is for diy coils lol but do yall have any brands off the top of your head I should look into for pre built coils when I run out of these?

4 Likes

Learn to make your own. Clapton’s are easy to make. Small learning curve but wire is cheap and once you have it down there Penny’s to make and you can target your ohm’s at a whim. If using Android download a coil calculator and it takes the worry out coil building. There are plenty of U Tube videos to get you started. Vape Tool is a decent app to figure out your target ohms.

6 Likes

Coilology.

5 Likes

here is a link for some pre-built coils that are made by one of our own @Daveflowers9
https://www.diyflavorchaser.com/coildesign
P.S. I have been using his coils for over 2 yrs now and they are perfection!!

5 Likes

Aye thanks Dan, for the support bro.

5 Likes

I still say there is nothing wrong with a bit of colour! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I know a lot of my stags look the same but I’m pretty proud of this one:

The specs are: 6x31/42ga. To tell you the truth, I thought it was going to be a waste of wire lol. I took my time and handled everything carefully. Turned out nice! For those that don’t know, those are some thin ass wires. Difficulty level:9 I’d say :grin:.

13 Likes

9!?!?!? how about a 12!! Very well done man. Very well done. What did it ohm out at?

5 Likes

Thanks! I plan on sending it to someone I make coils for. I’ve made similar so I’d guess around .20-.22 ohm.

4 Likes

I had to one up the last ones by making a SS316l SFC: 7x32/42ga.

I had to get a new phone and the camera is giving me trouble when I zoom in. It was working great but now it’s all grainy. Hopefully I can figure it out. The coil was a delicate process :grin:.

10 Likes

How do you keep the 7 strands from collapsing?

4 Likes

I do a lot stop and go. Towards the middle, I get up to ten or twelve revolutions before I stop. I pinch the wire I just fused and press the drill again. I count about another ten/twelve full turns etc. Then I pinch it flat again with my nylon pliers. With bigger wires I can go up to 30 or 40 revolutions before I have to pinch em.

Mainly, I have to use a light touch. I have to treat thinner wires more delicately. It’s easy to screw something up with 32ga cores. Having experience and a good routine helps me immensely. I try to keep things as consistent as I can.

9 Likes

What atty would you use something like this in and at what Kind of wattage? Beautiful work!

5 Likes

You must have a great deal of patience. Beautiful work.

6 Likes

My god man that is beautiful. How long did it take? I like building but now having a 11month old and newborn it will be a long time before i can get the time to do them again. I been lazy just wrapping 24g ka1 round wire :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

I’m so glad I learned the button trick, as SFCs are just so versatile! Here’s a new try, 27g razorbacked with 3x1 flat wire, and yes, the button came in so handy too!

7 Likes

It can handle more than you’d think. It’s about the equivalent of 3x26ga roughly (I’m thinking). As a single coil, I can use it at 70W easy. I’m really starting to enjoy using thinner cores. They fire up so nice on my mechs.

6 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t time myself but I’d guess 30 to 45 minutes on just one coil :laughing:. I can zip right through larger sizes. The cores being so thin, and the caption wire being so thin makes for lots and lots of revolutions.

3 Likes