Coil Building Show Offs (Part II)

Nice! I hope you enjoy using them.

4 Likes

@INOIROC I don’t know why, but TODAY your post from Feb 27th JUST showed up as new for me for some reason. GREAT looking coils to say the least. WOW !!!

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been pretty busy this summer so haven’t had much time to spin recently. I like to make unique coils but hate when I fail :weary:. Some of them can take over a half hour for one coil. When something goes wrong mid way, Ive been known to curse and throw things :rofl:. I really love making and vaping with stags though. A lot of them look the same but some vape extra special. There’s just so many ways to make them, or possible variations.

6 Likes

Damn! You impress me everytime. Excellent work.

6 Likes

It is a lot of info but still interesting to read your method. I became somewhat jaded after a while when I realized I was wasting a shitload of wire just trying to make those SC’s. I invested in one of those Daedalus jigs but honestly my homemade clothes pin is just as good. I should get back into it though.

8 Likes

Dam I’ve said it before we’re not worthy of such beauty nice job

6 Likes

I did an experiment and got some neat different coloration on each wrap. The three cores in the center are SS, the outsiders are kanthal, and the fusing wire is SS (5x30/40ga). We got gold, purple, blue, and orange!

13 Likes

Make one a little wider and I’ll use it as a wedding band :clap::rofl:

8 Likes

I forgot to post my widest one yet :laughing:. I went twenty cores wide just to see if I could. Yep I guess I can do that lol. As it turns out, it vapes amazing as well.

It’s kA1: 20x34/39ga

Another (less extravagant) one in my Themis mesh RTA:

That one is 14x33 KA1/37ga (or 36ga maybe?) N80.

My latest coil for an Elder Dragon, N80: 10x32/42ga

I’m pretty sure it’s my first 3-wrap coil (since it’s so wide). The legs wouldn’t fit into the post holes without modifications. I pretty much folded the ends so I could get them in there. Using it @ 70W and it’s pretty friggen good. It might be a one off experiment though. I prefer my single coils to fire optimally around 50 to 60W.

7 Likes

you must have a saint’s patience

7 Likes

Nope eyes like a hawk

7 Likes

WOW !!!

5 Likes

Do you tape the fire button and come back later when it’s ramped up? Seriously tho…those are amazing!

6 Likes

amazing job, congratulations

4 Likes

Been a while. Not sure if I posted any of these before… If I did, oh well. I saw some alien coils that were advertised as N80: 8x31/38ga, 4-wrap, .1Ω dual coils. I decided to give em a try but they turned out super wavy.

Tried a Nudge 24 for the first time but it got really crowded in that deck :laughing::

Five-core stags in an Asgard Mini deck:

(N80 SFC: 5x30/40ga)

Six-core stags in an Asgard Mini deck:

(N80 SFC: 6x31/42ga)

8-core stag in an Elder Dragon:

That one is really thin, was really springy, but also really flavorful. I’ve been really happy with this one. It fires up quick style and I take long steady drags off of it . Specs- N80: 8x34/42ga.

My most recent creation is a play on the SSFC coil (Sorry about the bad lighting). Instead of a solid ribbon stack in the middle, I just used another staggered core. Specs- N80: 3x29+(4x.3)/40ga

That’s a really nice vaping coil :+1:. I’m getting really decent flavor at 55-60w.

11 Likes

WOW @INOIROC. I think we should frame some of those…

8 Likes

Those look like works of art. Outstanding !!

7 Likes

Thanks guys :grin:.

5 Likes

I’ve used tri core stags for dual coils a bunch. One of the sizes I like to use is 3x27/40ga. I was planning on using a Valhalla V2 Mini so I thought maybe I could widen the ones I mentioned out a bit. All I did is added two pieces of ribbon and the coils turned out monstrous lol. I had to laugh while wrapping them because they turned out bigger than I’d imagined.

Dual N80 3x27/40ga SFC’s are usually at .12Ω. The ones above ended up at .1Ω. The next time I try that, I’m gonna use way smaller cores. They’re just gonna be similar to the ones I previously posted I guess :laughing:.

10 Likes

Hello peoples! I’ve still been spinning. For a while I brushed up on my corrugated SSFC skills. I was able to somewhat simplify my method which was nice. I used to make them harder than they had to be.

Here’s a set in an Asgard Mini deck:

I’m pretty sure those were N80:2x30+(6x.3)/40ga

I made some with .2 ribbon as a challenge (super tiny ribbon wire).

IIRC that one is N80: 2x32+(10x.2)/42ga
Here’s a thinner one with .2ribbon:

I pulled out one of my Pandemic 28’s to check for a squonk pin (Requested by somebody on Reddit). I don’t know why I didn’t see it before but it reminded me of single coil RTA deck. It’s obviously much larger, so I made a much larger coil :laughing:. This is a 7mm ID N80 SFC: 5x30/42ga:

I didn’t know what to expect but it’s friggen fantastic at around 100W. I mean, it’s really, really good. I’d planned on trying another jumbo coil but got distracted I guess. I’m still using the same one tho.

Do you guys remember this?

It’s mostly SS but the uncolored parts are just kanthal. I wanted to try a few more purely artistic builds (I mostly use N80 or N90), so I’ve been doing that recently.

Here’s one in an Axial deck:

My latest one had a couple people questioning if it was real or not lol.

A set of regular stags for good measure:

Those are 3.5mm ID N80 SFC: 5x30/42ga (I think)

My latest attempts at staggering 44ga N80 wire:

Left: 3x28/44ga
Right: 5x30/44ga

I only try 44 about once every couple of months. It kicks my butt every time, but I’m inching closer to success. It’s just ridiculously thin and hard to see while fusing. I refuse to wear a head set or be hunched over while doing it. Hopefully some day I’ll figure something out but for now, it’s still my Everest. It’s good to challenge yourself if you want to get better. Even after those failures, it makes working with slightly larger sizes seem much easier. That’s all I got for now. Hope y’all are having a good 2023 so far.

12 Likes