Coil Building show offs!

One of my browser tabs contained this:

Not sure where I found it?! I thought it was here, but apparently not - anyway looks cool!

4 Likes

That’s just insane! But I bet the flavor is as well!

Here’s a odd coil, not my own…

2 Likes

Stapled helix wire

Done that one.

Lol.

CMJ

4 Likes

Why doesn’t that surprise me…lol. Not sure where I ran across that pic but figured it was time to display it…

2 Likes

just wanted to try this one in a long coil on my velocity-style clone…notice the cheap half ass machining of this piece: the threading is almost to the top of the post…super cheap and super half ass…but, on the build:
8/7 wraps of 26/32 clapton and 2x26g twisted running parallel…all kanthal…coming in at .54 ohms…
dint get a chance to wick this last night, but i’ll get to it tonight…also, note the ends of the coil are a bit sloppy, they just didnt want to stay in line…
because of the extensive surface area, i anticipate massive vapor production…

7 Likes

Damn! That looks good, man!

4 Likes

Looks great.

You should get insane flavour with that build too.

CMJ

2 Likes

One quick question.

Are these the rolls of Clapton wire you purchased etc that your using?

If so if you buy any more you could look for the higher gauge wrapper and look for Nichrome.

One thing about a 26/32 Kanthal Clapton is ramp up time is quite high.

If you were to swap out the 32g Kanthal for something like 34g Nichrome80 it would help it all ramp up a little quicker.

I’m really beginning to like all Nichrome builds right now where i can.

I’m going to be purchasing some Ribbon Nichrome too next week.

CMJ

2 Likes

gotcha, brother…i’m on it, thanks! i learn quickly, so keep em comin!

1 Like

this is nichrome, 28*2/32 gauge

1 Like

That looks possibly like 28 gauge fused Clapton wire.

See all those twists in the wire?? You’d need to straighten them out before use.

Don’t you fancy having a go at making your own Clapton wire etc?

CMJ

1 Like

they sell them twisted and non twisted…why cant you use the twisted?
and: i am pretty busy and very little time…i just figured it would be easier to order premade…

Twisted can cause hot spots that can be a little hard to work out.

If you can, look for a higher gauge wrapper rather than the 32. Something like 34, 36, 38 etc.

Part of my order next week is going to be some 40, 42 and 44g Nichrome.

I doubt you’ll find premade wire with this kind of wrapper.

But as long as you look for more Nichrome you’ll get better ramp up time.

CMJ

2 Likes

Be very very careful not to overtighten that 510 positive pin screw. You will strip it like I did.

I liked that clone so much I sprung for the authentic. Best purchase I ever made. Its also my one and only authentic RDA. All the rest are clones :smile:

1 Like

you mean that velocity?
yeah, i love that one, i have 2 clones…
the cthulhu v2 will be featured with 2 rebuildable decks, one being the velocity deck…
yeah, ive considered the authentic, its that cool…
what you think about the legion rda? its similar…

whoa…what did you pay for your authentic velocity? i just saw it priced for $115…wow!

1 Like

Yep the Velocity! Paid the 115.00 for it. Worth every penny. I over tightened that pin on my clone and stripped it. Once that happens, the positive post wouldnt be secured down, basically useless. So be careful.

2 Likes

i ordered 36, 38 and 40 nichrome earlier this week for the purpose of wrapping…i cant seem to find 42g nichrome, though i am guilty of having only looked at amazon…
where can i find this allusive 42g nichrome? or how about 44g?
and again, thanks! and again, keep em coming!

1 Like

What country are you in?

CMJ

1 Like