Coil Question

I am in need of some advice…

Coils for my RDA. I’ve been using whatever the local vape shop has in stock- and they’re not bad at all, BUT I feel as if I’m missing out on something else at the same time.

Like all thing vape related, Im sure it’s a science. That being said, I am a DTL fella- and throughly enjoy my Dead Rabbit.

All thoughts- and comments are welcome!! Links, personal preference, anything!

Thanks all!

DS

6 Likes

@D.Sims by no means am I super knowledgeable or experienced but my very favorite coils are from Coil Clout I really like the SS Fralien 5 wrap .15 ohm, they’re a little pricey but they last forever, they fit great in the DR3 and really produce big clouds and outstanding flavor for me. They do have some cheaper coils such as the fused claptons that work great as well and I use them in several of my other devices.

7 Likes

You are my guy today @TimWV! Thanks for your input- and I have them in the cart!! :metal::metal:

6 Likes

Just finished dry burning them

7 Likes

Well THAT’S a tough one, as I rock single wire kanthals all day long. What coils are you buying from them ?

6 Likes

This is what I’m rocking gents…

I run a single coil “never ran a double setup yet” and they definitely don’t suck, just looking to see if there is something “better” available. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hmmm flat wire core, hmmm … You gotta picture of them @D.Sims, and/or how you have them loaded in the deck ?

5 Likes

And I load the coil like “cross-opposite” if that makes sense… I’d talk a pic, but juice will be everywhere. I can tomorrow tho.

5 Likes

If I read that right, you’ve got a flat wire core. I’ve never had great luck with flats, BUT, I’m also the guy stuck on simple kanthal, so maybe I’m NOT the super coil guy, but I always found that round wire cores/coils/wraps always seemed to work better. Also, you said RDA, what are you using ? Airflow hitting the coils, can sometimes make ALL the difference. Lower sides and bottom are the sweet spots if you can lower/raise the coils to get that.

6 Likes

As @SessionDrummer has already stated - this is mostly based around personal preference.

For my own coils, I mostly buy quadcore Clapton wire and then make coils to match the RDA: the number of wraps, size and leg length are the key variables in doing this.

If you need a good breakdown, Mikevapes on YouTube goes through his coil choices for each Atty he tests - That’ll be a really easy way to pick up a lot of useful knowledge without it being dull.

8 Likes

Thanks @SquirrelSmash. I will check him out today. :slight_smile: :metal:

This is what Im running currently- and would you be so kind as to drop me a link to those coils plz @SessionDrummer? :pray:

4 Likes

I skipped the first 6 mins so begins just before the coiling.

5 Likes

With the first 6 mins skipped. It oddly didn’t work the first time.

4 Likes

@D.Sims, ummmm …

6 Likes

I knew EXACTLY where this would take me… Coil Building! Okay Mr. Drummer sir… Would you link me to that nice “Coil master Kit” please?!

And the rabbit hole goes even DEEPER…

7 Likes

14in1 DIY Home Tool kit,Rustproof, durable and easy to carry,Strongly zipped bag(Inclusion coil) Amazon.com

4 Likes

Try any online vape shop with a DIY section, or Amazon.

I never got one myself as I have a collection of ear stretching gauges which do the job.

6 Likes

Found it there @SquirrelSmash. Thanks bro

6 Likes

Well you never know what coils are going to work for you. My single wires, don’t have as much surface area as bigger, more complex, multi-core coils, but they just work spot on for me. The exact Coil Master Kit I run is getting harder to find, BUT, that’s never really an issue, is it ??

https://www.amazon.com/AiTURE-Building-Mechanics-General-Household/dp/B08PKDDHC5/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=coil+master+kit&qid=1692964309&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

PLUS, you can do “home repairs” with it to.

#Winning

6 Likes

If you have all the other tools in the set. then it can be found on its own.

The Ohm meter is only needed if your going pure mech and the plyers, screwdrivers et al are ones all men should already have.

6 Likes