College Courses

Started up college today, Senior going for Business Management aiming for Masters in Public Administration- Leadership.
Wooo, taking Leadership and then American Government, this ought to be interesting.
Doing online courses because schedule cant flex to go to brick and mortar class.

14 Likes

Good for you, smart. You probably checked, but be sure the degree is accredited.
re: https://www.google.com/search?q=college+degree+accreditation&oq=college+degrees+acredi&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

4 Likes

come on over to USPS when you are done. for gods sake we need better management

4 Likes

Good for you! I am also enrolled in online courses, and have been since Oct. 2013. It has been hard to stay motivated at times, in addition to taking an extreme amount of self-discipline to make sure I get all of my work turned in on time, but because I have kept going, I am currently in my next to last course before I graduate with my BA in Applied Behavioral Science with a minor in Psychology! It is extremely rewarding to know that I have come this far and have never slipped below a 3.72 GPA (currently a 3.80)! I just hope that it opens up some career opportunities for me!

As for your courses you have coming up, the closest I have taken were Leadership and Ethics in a Changing World (ABS415), Public Policy and Social Services (SOC320), and American History since 1865 (HIS204). Good luck to you, and Congratulations!

5 Likes

Looks interesting, I’m going to college this year and I can’t wait to start studying there as soon as possible. But I’m afraid of burnout, usually when I start learning something new my enthusiasm lasts for half a year and then I can’t find enough motivation. Haven’t figured out how to deal with it yet.

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @BenjiCo.

4 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

Hello, welcome to the forum.
College and burn out is something i can completely identify with… I couldn’t complete my MS because of burnout. I didn’t have any balance. I tend to go hard at everything i do. Balance is the key… If you take it one day at a time, get to know your professors and do your best, you’ll be ok. Collège is not easy but if you want it bad enough, you’ll succeed.

6 Likes

:smiley: wow, i actually just starting my masters 2 days ago, :smiling_face_with_tear:
It def wasn’t easy and alot of times i wanted to quit but you can do it!

5 Likes

Good luck with your masters. I couldn’t do it. I hate writing research papers and i failed organic chemistry twice. I just don’t have the energy anymore. Maybe next year ill try at it again.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Lynette_Yamamoto.

As we do have a problem with spamming and bots, could you please introduce yourself to our madhouse.

4 Likes

Dang, 6 courses away :slight_smile:

2 Likes