Combining flvrs to create different flavor?

I read an older post today that said Vienna cream and Fresh cream could be combined to make an ice cream effect. if you know of any combinations that create another flavor or effect please post them with ratios if possible. thank you!

3 Likes

Adding off flavors can change things in a good way. Or Atleast odd.

One of those is blackcurrant. Itā€™s a flavor that transforms other flavors in a unique way.

3 Likes

cool appreciate it even if the result is odd. I found that out with unicorn vomit, which sounds and is odd but can be a good flavor. I was playing with it once came out with a ā€œpickledā€ flavor.

1 Like

I like adding Joy (FA) ,Meringue (FA) , and Biscuit (INW) , gives a decent powdered sugar IMO.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got joy and amber (they were given to me) and never used them, not sure what to try them in or with.

1 Like

mmm sounds good

3 Likes

Joy is great in pastry typesā€¦adds that ā€˜breadā€™ effect (testing it shortly in the continued refinement of my search for THE perfect apple turnover recipe), or ā€˜yeastā€™ effect -so could also see it going well into donuts, cakes, etc.

4 Likes

thanks and good luck on your search

3 Likes

ive had joy on my list for a long time. ive heard many great things about it.

2 Likes

As soon as I get around to playing with some recipes Iā€™m gonna try and make a hard cider. It sounds really good to me. I love apple cider and juice.

3 Likes

Joy , most either love it or hate it. I think of it as a sweetener like a Cotton Candy and gives a dry profile as well . Some get a somewhat spicy yeasty note. Most agree that like everything using too much and it gets weird.I have used it up to 2.0% without problems but YMMV.I think it does a decent job of adding sweetness but I like it best when combined with Meringue and Biscuit to get a powdered sugar effect.
Amber , hard to describe lightly sweet and sour.It would probably be very useful for you in making a cider type vape as it does have a fermented fruit or brandy type flavor.It is milder than the regular Brandy (FA) flavor and it will help fruit flavors smooth or mellow out.

1 Like

I just mixed this up on Saturday. Slightly adapted it from HICā€™s Sweet Spiced Apple Cider. Shook and vaped it right away. Itā€™ll need to steep for a bit, but Iā€™m thinking it has definite potential. Itā€™s got the Liquid Amber and Joy in it. You could probably drop the cinnamon if you wanted more of a plain cold hard cider. This off the bat reminded me more of a hot mulled cider. Maybe swap the fuji out for green apple if you wanted to change it around a bitā€¦? The Stark apple has a really apple juice-y taste to me, I can see myself using it a lot in future hard cider mixes.

0.5% Brandy (FA)
0.5% Cinnamon Ceylon (FA)
0.5% DX Brown Sugar (TPA)
0.5% Fuji Apple (FA)
0.3% Joy (FA)
0.5% Liquid Amber (FA)
0.5% Oak Wood (FA)
0.5% Premium Blood Orange (MFS)
1.5% Stark Flavor (Apple) (FA)

2 Likes

My dear Wenchy mama, Hard Cider doesnā€™t have cinnamon in it. The recipe looks good, does the joy add enough of the boozy flavor thing? And even though I live in the brandy and wine capital of America (California for all you short bus people (lmao)) I donā€™t like brandy. Now wine is good but not to make hard cider with. I just donā€™t care for brandy, I was thinking of putting Bourbon in it in a very small amount hoping that along with the amber and joy it would be more yeasty beery

1 Like

Speaking of doing a beer flavor does any of you know that FA makes a beer flavor? I wonder if enough of us got together and agreed to get a 30 ml if we could get Grant at Nicotine River to get some? Hey anyone interested PM and Iā€™ll compile a list to submit to NR and see if we can get the king of NR (Grant) to order some.

2 Likes

Then you must have never had Angry Orchards Cinnful Apple! Oh man, thatā€™s good stuff. But yeah, the brandy definitely makes it more of a mulled hot kinda taste. You could probably try skipping that too. The joy in that small amount definitely is adding a beer-like taste to itā€¦ I think the boozy taste is coming more from the brandy though. Iā€™m sure a little bourbon would be a nice tasting replacement. I stashed it away now though so it can get a proper steep. Iā€™ll update you when I test it again!

2 Likes

tanks Iā€™d appreciate knowing.

2 Likes

@Maureeenie Found the thread come on over

1 Like

I have to try the liquid Amberā€¦

3 Likes

okey dokey!

2 Likes

OKā€¦ here. Hmmmā€¦ gives me ideas.

2 Likes