Community Recipe Kick Around

Ahh yes , i forget about this flavor , also the Almond Custard they have

5 Likes

I always thought the almond ice cream tasted more like ameretto flavor then nutty almonds

6 Likes

Whats interesting is i just watched people make a homemade toasted almond bar and they use vanilla oreos soaked in ice cream

4 Likes

The Strawberry bar was definitely a cake. The almond bar was a filling. MM would be a good choice over the MM treat. It had no crunch at all. It coated the ice cream which was a simple vanilla ice cream.

5 Likes

Yup, no crunch. The outside crumble just kinda melts in your mouth.Even the finly ground almond mixed into the cake crumble didnt have a crunch just added like a grainy textur Man now i want one but i cant even if they were still around. Damn you gut issues

5 Likes

Haven’t seen a Good Humor truck in 55 years. Think they still are sold in grocery stores today. I have see the strawberry bars in the freezer section. Haven’t seen the almond bar sold since the trucks were still on the streets.

4 Likes

I would start with something like this for the Beta Recipe…See what i needed to change . I get that ot had a cake topping but i think maybe you need something more defining for the outer part…Possible that it may need a custard instead of the FVT …FA Almond can get dry fast so adding a custard can help that dryness

7 Likes

This is gonna be my next try at it

4 Likes

I may add some cream cheese icing too to get more of that sweet frosting taste in the cake bits and for the strawberry one i would just replace the 2 almond flavors with like a ripe strawberry / sweet strawberry cap combo

6 Likes

The crumble topping is a pretty good choice

6 Likes

Its all a roll of the dice bc i have no clue what it taste like and im sure its precise taste

4 Likes

Do you have OOO Vanilla Custard Cheesecake??

4 Likes

I do but somehow have never got around to trying it

6 Likes

Very similar to the Cream Cheese Icung with less steep time

5 Likes

Good to know

5 Likes

I really thought this was a joke!!
That looks like a Golden Gaytime here in Aus. Yes that name is still correct in this day and age.

Different flavour profile though…

8 Likes

Wtf lol. What a name. From the logo it looks like that is made by Good Humor. I didnt know they branched out to Aus . Do they have the trucks there too? I watched the documentary on Good humor a while back. They created the first vehicle with a freezer and started with ice pops before freezers were invented. They are the og ice cream truck.

Oh wow it really is bicuit crumb like i mentioned above. So id def put a biscuit in the recipe like ssa shortbread or noms shortbread. From what i read people make homemade versions by mixing vanilla oreo or shortbread cookies with sugar cookies

5 Likes

Oh yea how can i forget the chocolate eclair .im gonna try to make this too. I been on a chocolate vape kick for a while

4 Likes

So i mixed this up. I thought i had tpa ameretto but dont so i used ff because it has the closest smell to a toasted almond bar.Off the shake its def promising and really delicious. We will see in a week how close it is. Either way i can already tell its a good recioe even if not toasted almond bar.

6 Likes

That was quick!

I looked it up, the logo is owned by Unilever and there are a bunch of companies that use it Good One being one and our Streets being another.
Oh, yes the Gaytime comes in a chocolate milk version and a birthday cake…

As for ice cream trucks :woman_shrugging: i have been living in the sticks for about 20 years now so I’m not sure. I don’t think they are as prevalent as they used to be tho…

7 Likes