Coronavirus

yes, I heard there is one that makes one think heart attack… mimics symptoms. Turns out its the corona…
is why I am digging for more info

A Heart Attack? No, It Was the Coronavirus

Referencing:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2763845

These observations may (possibly) make sense. The ACE2 Receptor (to which the antigen SARS-C0V-2 binds and then activates) is an “Angiotensin Converting Enzyme” receptor - implicitly involved in what is called the “Renin-Angiotensin System”, an internal regulatory system that has great influence upon the function/state of one’s cardiovascular system. ACE2 Receptors are present (in order representing their ubiquity) in Lungs, Heart, and Kidneys (as well as Nose, Throat, Esophagus, and the Intestines). Interestingly, I read that women appear to have more ACE2 receptors than do men. Data from China as well as Italy is indicating that COVID-19 is notably more likely to be fatal in men (as opposed to in women). Hard to say what it all means so early in the “research”. Cardiac involvement is a real thing !

1 Like

Vital?
You must have missed the charts here for the first 3 months of 2020…
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/charts-and-maps

1 Like

Yeps… and I have to baby mine… :smiley:

LMAO :rofl:

1 Like

Here’s an interesting twist. Don’t know if you remember our DPH commissioner, Monica Bharel? She’s the one who started the whole e-cig lung disease scare which launched the MA vape ban.

Mass. Public Health Commissioner tests positive for COVID-19
On Friday, Massachusetts Public Health Commissioner Monica Bharel announced she tested positive for COVID-19. According to Bharel, she was tested on Thursday night and received her results back on Friday evening.

“As the public health commissioner and an essential state employee, I have been vigilant about practicing social distancing from my colleagues and members of the public,” said Bharel. “My symptoms so far have been mild. I have notified my appropriate close contacts and will rest and recuperate at home, while continuing to carry out my work responsibilities remotely. The Department of Public Health offices will be thoroughly cleaned over the weekend.”

Governor Baker’s office has not commented on whether he will test for the virus or not, but have said the governor is asymptomatic.

I wonder if she (may, possibly) opine that SARS Cov-2 has arisen out of evil vape-juice flavorings ? :thinking:

2 Likes

Well, she did stupidly call it an epidemic. The one right thing the CDC did do was correct her on that explaining that epidemics are communicable diseases, der! I’m sorry but what an ass. I called her office and wrote a letter. That’s why the CDC said that this wasn’t in their wheelhouse.

Quite puzzling, as the CDC itself (political animals) have (most certainly) referred to non-communicable “diseases” as “epidemics” in more than one of their agitprop misinformation propaganda campaigns. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Lol I know and I don’t think we shall discuss how sick this paranoid weapon politics is. I know I now provoke some here, still I do it with all respect.
So I really hope US can stick together instead of killing each other.
The virus will do enough killing.

1 Like

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Obviously far from a trend yet, but a little positive news maybe from Missouri. Testing has been increasing, but yesterday new confirmed cases dropped significantly for the first time…

6 Likes

(Josh Bloom, ACSH, March 26, 2020): “Coronavirus: Hydroxychloroquine Probably Isn’t The Answer

(Slate, March 30, 2020): “The Trumpian French Doctor Behind the Chloroquine Hype - The source of the hopes for a coronavirus cure should raise a lot of red flags

Trump may not be aware that the hydroxychloroquine hype is French in origin. The researcher responsible for the “molécule miracle” is Didier Raoult. … it turns out the Marseillais researcher publishes more papers in a month than most productive researchers publish in a career. … “it is simply impossible for Raoult to verify all of these papers.” … Critics argue that not only were there too few subjects in the chloroquine study, but that some of them dropped out during the trial, potentially skewing the results. In addition, Raoult has not released the raw data from the trial, which, remarkably, was not double-blinded. … If this sounds depressingly familiar, it should. There are several disquieting parallels between the stable genius who claims to “understand that whole scientific world” and the reputed genius who claims to have defeated COVID-19. Like Trump, Raoult has made himself a brand. … Raoult has cast his critics as creatures of a kind of état profond , one peopled by “pedantic Parisian doctors” incapable of doing real research. In effect, he has told the world that he alone can fix it. … Raoult has given unproven hope to millions, uncharted dangers for those afflicted with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, and unavoidable despair for those who listen to president’s daily press briefings.

2 Likes

Though, of course, the media tempered that statistic a bit with the headline…

> Illinois adds 1,105 new COVID-19 cases Sunday, Missouri passes 900

They are actually saying that Illinois reported 1,105 new cases yesterday, and Missouri’s total passed 900. But you have to either read on or make that separation clear for yourself.

1 Like

I am hearing that if the corona has progressed to the point of ventilators, the person is too far gone for hydroxychloroquine… not sure where that link is, but its out there on the web… :cry:

Just wow… :frowning:

1 Like

Well, if hydroxychloroquine is very likely not significantly helpful (period), then the rest is not meaningful.

2 Likes