Crappy low quality smok mods

this is the third smok product i bought that did not last a month
I AM DONE WITH SMOK CRAP !!!

9 Likes

You must just be a bit unlucky @dex56 I currently have 4 Smoks in my rotation (GX350, H Priv2, X Priv, GX2/4 on twin battery) have had them all more than 6 months and, although they are only used part of the time, they are still all used daily, I have no complaints. I do know that Smok has a shitty name with the generality of vapers but one can only judge by one’s own experience.

6 Likes

I bought a Smok Alien original few years ago that just stopped working 2 weeks in and I’ve never been able to suggest them since.

Could just be that we happened to get the 5% dead-on-arrivals every company makes, but that just means we’re the 5% of customers who complain about Smok - perfectly natural.

Had we happened upon mods that weren’t DOA and still work fine today, we’d be wondering what that 5% of whiny bitches are on about - but we got the defectives, so we are the whiny bitches :slight_smile:

6 Likes

or maybe you just got lucky
i have found many who share my experience and opinion of smok products
bought an alien for my girl
2 weeks later the lcd went dead , one week later fire button got stuck on and the unit fried and set off smoke alarms
bought one also for myself
it just went dead in 3 weeks
smok 80w stick , after 5 weeks no longer charges
im going to stick with vapresso , the one i had lasted over 3 years

7 Likes

i disagree with you
i dont see or hear nearly any complaints about some other manufacturers
vapresso , vandy vape

5 Likes
4 Likes

/facepalm

How did I get lucky? By getting a defective Smok product too?

2 Likes

that comment was directed to ed133
my mistake

4 Likes

Try this instead…

https://www.google.com/search?q=vaporesso+mod+not+working&oq=vaporesso+mod+not+working&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30.8865j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

… whole PAGE and more of complaints about Vaporesso devices failing

I’m guaranteed to find a similar list of failures in every brand if I google those, because there’s defective devices in all of them.

Though, the two brands I’ve seen the most complaints about are Smok and the Calliburn G, sure.

2 Likes

Oh alright (closes google tab)…

:smirk:

2 Likes

ALL regulated mods are not made to last, the way it is. our disposable society.

i have a DNA 250c that just developed a black oval in the middle of the screen. its basically unusable now. and i didn’t abuse it, basically it was used as a build deck.

3 Likes

Perhaps. But TBH, I think by that logic I would stop buying Vandy Vape products as I have had more than a couple of failures of their products over the years. It would be interesting to have an objective idea of the reliability of Chinese mass produced gear from all of their mod manufacturers. I did however acknowledge in my post the negative perception Smok ‘enjoys’ in the generality of the vapeosphere

3 Likes

For ~$12 you can purchase a replacement screen.

5 Likes

i know. i am thinking i wil take it apart and cheeck the connection. have you seent he connection ? its SMALL , i think they have 8y/o kids put them together.

5 Likes

well looking at vapresso issues it appears most issues are fixable
unlike smok products that go dead and cant be fixed
ill stick with vapresson over crap , i mean smok

4 Likes

And Geek Vape. They’re reliable.

4 Likes

I’ve replaced a few. Either use a fingernail or tweezer. When you slide it in and go to push down the the tab, you’ll feel/hear a click.

4 Likes

i just remembered = aren’t these a lifetime warranty ?

3 Likes

The board has an official 1 year warranty, but they have been known to go above and beyond. No warranty on the screen.

5 Likes

Smok are cheaply made targeted to look good and affordable I’d say aimed at Kids to be the cool kid your not the only one I had the first smok mag that broke then the smok species that broke now the geek vape aegis and this is bulletproof

3 Likes