Creams, melons, berries and killing Elsa!

Budget concerns! :weary: I only have about 50$ to spend on my next order. If I make it count I will be able to be more versatile in the coming months.

Advice for cream flavors.

So far I have:

DX Bavarian from TPA
Bavarian Cream CAP
Butter Cream CAP
Creamy Yogurt CAP

I hope I can afford to make two base flavors. One a heavy decadent vanilla cream possibly baked custard but no bakery like pie crust or graham involved. The other a light, sweet creamy texture much lighter than Wisconsin ice cream, more like Dairy Queen soft serve. Any suggestions for up to five flavors I might need for such a quest? Far too many of the cream, vanilla or custardy flavors Iā€™ve had taste like toe cheese to me, even after months in a dark place so Iā€™m leery of spending too much of my budget on guessing at this. These I already have are very nice on their own after a month steeping but they lack the depth Iā€™m hoping to find.

Mixed Melons: I have Capella Double Watermelon. Itā€™s a nice candy/jello flavor but Iā€™m hoping to find something closer to a real melon basket salad or smoothie. I can afford up to four flavors in this area.

Same with berry/cherry. Iā€™d like to get maybe five or six that more realistic and complex than what I have. My stash should be public.

Mint/menthol. I need something that would kill Elsa five minutes after she gets diabetes. :innocent: Iā€™ve already realized Iā€™ll need to get crystals to make my own concentrate but how do I get it sweeter with a stronger mint without having the whole thing mute? All these ice flavors or arctic or fresherā€¦I donā€™t know, Iā€™m skeptical. The wintergreen and menthol flavors are the only ones I need every single day and so, the only ones I have to pay for until I can make something close enough on my own.

Finally, Tobacco The only tobacco flavor I get is called American Red Menthol. Is it a safe bet that this is using American Red by Super Concentrates? I canā€™t stand the smell or taste of any other tobacco flavors so I canā€™t justify spending money on experimenting with it. Worst case, I find I canā€™t live without it and just buy the premade in a 12mg and mix it 1 to 4 with my DIY Wintergreen once I get that one close enough.

Thanks for any suggestions. Someday I hope to earn my keep around here.

3 Likes

Let me start by saying welcome to the fun and amazing world of diy, and all of us :wink:

Creams: TFA Vanilla Swirl is like a Custard with the custard notes removed. Reminds me of soft serve vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream. I Love INW Shisha Vanilla, might be my all time favorite vanilla. It a bright creamy vanilla, not dark and heavy like an extract. LA Cream Cheese Icing. TFA Sweet Cream and Malted Milk. I love love RF Condensed Cream, so thick and rich and sweet. Just like opening a can of Bordenā€™s.

Melons I love FLV Wild Melon. It reminds me of a mix of a little honeydew with a light touch of watermelon? Very refreshing. LA Watermelon Clear.

Berries: FLV Boysenberry, RF Yumberry and Blue Raz, FA Forest Mix, and LA Blackberry.

The only mints Iā€™ve really tried are FA Spearmint, fantastic blended with some of that LA Watermelon. And FLV has a delicious creme de menthe if you are wanting a creamy mint. Koolada will add the chill and icy sensation without mint flavoring.

And tobacco I have never mixed, so Iā€™m lost on that oneā€¦sorry.

5 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m reading everything I can find everywhere right now, lol. Yeah I ordered a 4 oz bottle of Koolada the first time I used it. It wouldnā€™t shock me to learn that the menthol Iā€™m looking for is 50% crystals dissolved in a solution of Koolada and Pyure.

Hi! Welcome!

It would be better if you had about $80.00 but hereā€™s my advice:

1. Always make 4% of your recipe Distilled Water to smooth the throat hit.

2. @Kinnikinnick is your leaf expert!

3. Mint/Menthol - My Recipe (Months long testing - Works and you can add any fruit to it)

6% Capella Cool Mint
1% Peppermint
.5% ECX Menthol Solution

1. Mix two Melons to get a great Melon I use any Watermelon and LA Melon.

2. You need Strawberry Ripe and Capella Sweet Strawberry as a base for any Berry Recipe. Watch it with Raspberry or use only small amounts. Cherry is just yucky in my book. No one makes a good cherry as far as Iā€™m concerned. They all taste like those cherries in syrup in chocolate covered candies so if you donā€™t love those - donā€™t wast your time on Cherry.

3. Get Lemon Sicily as a citric acid to ā€œpopā€ your fruits. You only need a few drops.

4. Use Marshmallow as a sweetener at about 1.5%

Welcome to the fun, I wish you the best of luck here and enjoy!

2 Likes

Why DX bavarian cream ??? are you trying to avoid diketones ??>

Iā€™m not religious about it but yes, I figure itā€™s one less thing to worry about. Is there a huge difference between DX and the original?

1 Like

Thanks! I was wondering about the lemon to perk things up since I use it in unexpected places in baking too. The cherry I have is nice enough, not the true cherry I was hoping for but I guess thatā€™s one of those holy grail flavors.

The flavor companies hear enough whining about Cherry eventually someone will make one that taste like real cherries. Lemon Sicily is a very nice mild lemon too.

Which version of the lemon do you get? Thereā€™s a B&M near me with a juice that claims to have the true cherry but they only have drippers for testing and it tasted likeā€¦well, when a little of the cherry pie filling bubbles out onto the cookie sheet under the pie pan, a little scorched and too sweet. I dunno, I wasnā€™t sold, lol.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/flavourart-usa/flavourart-sweet-flavors/lemon-sicily-by-flavourart.html

1 Like

The thing with Cherry flavoring (all ecig flavorings) is that if you get it, you may not be able to use it as a main flavoring but it might work as some kind of an accent to something. (I still havenā€™t figured out where to put it but I will eventually) Like Cactus. Cactus is a nice little wet zing in a fruit mix but you can only use a couple drops of it, very powerful stuff. Sounds like you cook so you will figure this stuff out quickly.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

My son adores the Black Cherry TFA at 5%, as is. I made another batch at 4 with 2% Koolada and itā€™s like jello to me. Nice enough to vape. I have some with creamy yogurt steeping now so weā€™ll see.

Inawera Mix Mint.

Head and shoulders above the rest IMO.

@Maureeenie you really need to try Inaā€™s Cherries (note: not the same as ā€œcherryā€ by Ina).

Itā€™s an awesome flavor that takes me straight to a ā€œcherry pieā€ zone, Nothing like Maraschino cherries (at least to me).

Alrighty, first of all I love you because you just made a reference to Frozen and murder in the same breath. Lol! We can be friends. :slight_smile:

Now, the only thing I can really help you out with is the berry category. I would recommend FA forest fruit (forest mix), CAP sweet strawberry, and FA red touch (strawberry). Thatā€™s keeping the list short for now. Those are all very versatile, and red touch is just delicious!

I guess I can give you a tip that Iā€™ve seen on ice cream bases, although fair warning: Iā€™m just starting to get into cream mixes so I have very little knowledge in this area still. Anyway, the tip is starting with 2 parts FA Vienna cream and 1 part FA fresh cream (sometimes called cream fresh, same thing).

Good luck!

1 Like

Couple of things I like

Inawera Pink Panther brand new concentrate Raspberry and other berry/currants really like this and it has become a firm favourite for me and a few friends i mix for. Mix between 3-4% any higher and it goes a bit soapy.

Watermelon MF is a bit out of your range this month but Hangsen watermelon at 9% is a pretty good finished replication of a watermelon for my tastes and I have tried quite a few

Not a big mint/menthol fan myself, but mix for my sister FW Double Mint not sure if Wrigleys Double Mint chewing gum is a know brand in your part of the world (the green one if it is), but the finished flavour @ 20% is instantly recognisable in the finished mix

I think Inawera DNB is an excellent addition to most tobacco flavours, gives a slightly dry smoky taste to a finished mix and a very simple but decent finished mix I use regularly for myself and a few others is FA RY4 @ 4.5% and 1% INW DNB if you need menthol in your tobacco vape then you would need to experiment with the above 2 ingredients as well

1 Like

OKā€¦ I will put it on the list. I trust you.

1 Like

to me there is , but if you dont know the difference bc you never used the original then your not gonna be able to tell so no biggie when i started i was on the no diketones kick but after doing research i realized through vaping i wont get popcorn lung lol so i wouldnt sacrifice taste in this case

4 Likes

@Sprkslfly Yes! Iā€™m definitely getting the Mix Mint! After testing my wintergreen for a day now, I know itā€™s the right flavor, just not enough frost coming out my ears. I also got the Cherries and some menthol crystals so Iā€™ve got my fingers crossed.

@VapeyMama Of course we can be friends! Murderous friends are the BEST! Forest fruit is on my list. Bull City is out and I didnā€™t have enough budget left by the time I was done there to go looking elsewhere. I got a few of the strawberry you recommended though.

@bluenose63 I have Pink Panther and really like it a lot but not as a stand alone. Have you tried it with Kiwi or maybe Peach? I canā€™t wait to get Guanabana! Iā€™m not adventurous about the tobacco flavors. I think I can do without it; it seems to be the menthol aspect of this one specific flavor that draws me more than the tobacco note. This one flavor I get is nauseating to me until I mix it with the wintergreen. Medicine Flower and Real Flavors are two companies I desperately want to try when my budget frees up some.

@fidalgo_vapes Iā€™m not worried really, it just seems more practical to try DX since the option is available. If it was horrid, then Iā€™d try others, lol. I think I have a few that are marked hazardous for some nit picky reason.

Thank you guys so much for all the help! @Dan_the_Man @DarthVapor and @SthrnMixer were also very helpful in the custard topic. If I forgot anyone Iā€™m very sorry. You guys are amazing! I managed to squeak out of my shopping spree only 16$ over budget. Hahaha!

4 Likes