Creative Solutions! Add yours

Here is my mixer. Feel free to add your creative solutions to this thread.

13 Likes

@BoDarc here’s what I was talking about last night.

1 Like

This is so inventive! I’ve been pondering what kinds of household appliances I might employ for mixing or shaking. Buying any dedicated equipment isn’t in the budget right now but if I could rig up something for a dual purpose I’d certainly try.

2 Likes

got a sawzaw or jig saw? there’s other utubes using those with a small clamp.

1 Like

I’ve seen those, lol. No I don’t, only a drill which I guess could be rigged up as a stirrer but that seems unsanitary.

Only one at a time, but it might work for you.

1 Like

Haha! That’s great, lol. If I have any of those rubber feet around the house I’ll see if the bottles will fit securely. The power tools are going to scare the hell out of my cats to begin with, no point in launching missiles at them as well.

missiles!!! haha. don’t want to break any bottles either.

1 Like

@FL_girl heh take the silverware basket out of your dishwasher (remove knives and forks :wink: ) and you could just put one in each slot loose and let em jump around. Free, fast, and easy solution. For “scientific purposes” take a 30ml bottle and add a drop of blue food coloring …add 29mls of VG …add a drop of red food coloring (don’t shake! yet!) …then chuck it in the massager-izer. Is it actually able to make purple VG? How long? Bonus points on originality …and funny!

Good idea with the food coloring! I’ll have to test that, maybe tomorrow.

1 Like

Great idea! I have one of those things. What if you were to crazy glue a small plastic tub to the rubber feet things and use it to place a bunch of bottles upright? I have a couple of those spider type head massage things I’ll have to play around with and see what I can come up with. This was inspiring!

1 Like

I’m waiting for someone to engineer a minuscule version of one of these, then have a bunch of them lined up on your desk, one for every bottle, that would be hilarious :laughing:

12 Likes

that made me smile, I like.

2 Likes

I have rigged up a bunch of different things with power tools and other stuff. I find giving it a bit of a shake is easier and faster. I am inherently lazy.:blush:

4 Likes

yNot unsanitary if you make one of these dedicated stirrers. I actually have three or four of them in different sizes fo assorted bottle sizes 120, 240, 500, and tiny one for 30 60 and 100 ml dripper bottles.

Just use a variable speed drill. I use my Ryobi with an old battery that doesn’t hold a charge very well and then I don’t accidently over speed it and spin it up over the top of the bottle.

1 Like

Here’s another think I use.
Ever wash out some bottles and don’t want to wait to mix in them but they have drops of water all over the inside?

Try this. just take a long piece of butchers string and tie knots in it every couple of inches or so. then feed it into the wet bottle leaving about 4 inches out. I usully tie a loop in it and run a finger through it so it doesn’t accidentally get dropped inside the bottle then shake like hell. The knots give it enough weight to bounce around well and the string will absorb the drops of water.

6 Likes

just put all the bottles you want shook up in a small box on top of the washing machine. Tie and old pair of shoes together toss them in the washer set to spin. hang around just in case the box heads for the edge.

Of course when the wife catches you she’s gonna expect you to do the laundry from then on so good luck there.

6 Likes

That is just great!

1 Like

You guys are awesome! I might try this idea with the zip ties, thanks! So far, my largest mixes are S&V fruits and menthols in 50 mil bottles and my sons’ flavors in 60 mil.

1 Like

I premix my VG and Nic in 500 ml batches. that’s what I made the first one for and since have made others that are smaller. the one for the little dripper bottles I had to offset the ends just a little to get them in the bottle and didn’t put a loop in them either. Guess it depends on how little a zip tie you can get.