Creative Solutions! Add yours

OH yeah two little bits of info

1. Make sure the stirrer is longer than the bottle.
  2. take the drill off the stirrer before removing then you can slide it out and use your fingers like a spatula to remove some of the excess juice.

The caps from 20 oz. Gatorade bottles make great atty stands…

13 Likes

How about wearing a harness sort of like a bandolier, that holds your juice bottles as you jiggle and shake. Two birds, one stone.

5 Likes

I’m 45, I have bolts holding my spine together, I’m overweight and I have M.E.
The last time I Jiggled and shook was when an army of wasps invaded my bedroom at 4am lmaooo

8 Likes

Shaving cream lid, 510 adapter and some spray foam for rigidity:

4 Likes

Yikes! Yeah best to stay away then…unless you want to reenact the explosive climax from a Michael Bay movie.

2 Likes

Hehe climax

2 Likes

was wondering who was gonna bite on that one…:grin:

4 Likes

Who could resist a good climax

3 Likes

If using a drill make sure you spin both ways because the drill is causing centrifugal force which is actually used to separate ingredients of a mixture. So says science anyway.

1 Like

the magnetic stirrer only goes one way , what is the diff

Magnetic stirrer not creating centrifugal force I don’t think. As far as I understand, it creates more of an upside down tornado. Anyone with physics knowledge please weigh in here.

Never the less, a drill acts like a small centrifuge. From wikipedia, “The centrifuge works using the sedimentation principle, where the centripetal acceleration causes denser substances and particles to move outward in the radial direction. At the same time, objects that are less dense are displaced and move to the center.”

With all that in mind, I’m not saying drill does or doesn’t work. Actually separating the liquids may require much higher speeds. But it does use the same principle force so it’s something to be aware of. Imo, a sawzall would be much more effective though as it will send all the liquid of varying densities crashing into one another, rather than spinning them and potentially causing them to separate.

Read the wiki entry on centrifuge more detail.

3 Likes

I think that “might” be true if the bottle was connected to the drill and was immobile but I do not think the same thing is true when your using the drill to spin a mixing rod… if that was the case, a paint mixer (the kind that attaches to a drill) wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

I think a mixing attachment on a drill will work, but spinning the bottle won’t. A concrete truck works because there is paddles inside the can. A Magnetic mixer actually spins a magnetic paddle, but the device shown in post 6 may need something to actually mix the contents more efficiently similar to the paddles inside a concrete truck can.

2 Likes

I know what it is n what its for but that looks crude n rude lol.

Yes, agreed. Mixing rod, (as in actually sticking the mixer into the juice if I understand correctly) would not be a centrifuge at all and would not separate the liquids.

I think he may be onto something.

Yeah, maybe, add a quality glass marble if it’s a plastic bottle. Or, maybe the dropper in a dropper bottle would work, as they’re generally slightly off center.

I am going to do the food coloring mix test with different sizes and both glass and plastic bottles that Bodarc suggests. I want to know if/how well it works/ about how long it takes, etc. It may take a couple days with this crazy schedule of mine, but I will get it done.

Worked 11 hours yesterday on 0 sleep. Got home to a plumbing leak, bucket to tide me over. Bucket overflowed whilst I slept, so to the hardware store I go! Having fun on my off day, yaaaay, NOT.

1 Like

Hey, whatever works! It’s free! My favorite price!

Everybodys favourite price,well done on your inventions though,stepping outside the box works wonders sometimes.