Creative Solutions! Add yours

I’m with you on the jiggle and shake thing. Not something the body is ready for at this time in my grey haired life. lol

1 Like

Dude that is some HARDCORE batching !!!
What does your steeping look like ???

1 Like

This is our flavor storage…

3 Likes

FYI… oil based food coloring doesn’t mix into vg/pg (I was trying the mix test as suggested by Bodarc).

I only had 1 water based color, so I used it and 1 oil based color… red oil droplets in the mix.

I’ll have to get some more water based food coloring and try again.

suggestion:
Don’t add color
especially never add a color that has a number or the word lake attached to the color name, those are carcinogenic and should be avoided in any food product

not for vaping, oh no, i know better!

just to test the mixer’s effectiveness.

1 Like

oh right! let us know the results

Ok… from the beginning of the failed first test to the final… (green coloring is water based, and red is oil based). I mixed it up 70/30 vg/pg, to be more like my flavor batches. I have 1- 15ml dropper glass bottle, 1- 30ml plastic dripper bottle, 1- 60ml glass dropper bottle, and 1- 60ml plastic dropper bottle.

I placed one drop of green coloring in the bottle first, then added pg and vg, no mixing.

I added the red oil based coloring to the droppers themselves using a toothpick to transfer the coloring.

Here they are, no mixing, just added to the bottles.

Into the shaker…

After 10 mins of shaking…

The red oil barely moved, the green mixed in pretty well…

After 10 minutes of shaking, the green is blended, but the oil is not much at all.

Realizing the oil was an epic fail, I let them sit here until I could get some more water based coloring.

After 1 drop of red water based coloring was added to the top of the liquids… The dropper itself pulled the red down into the liquid some.

Getting ready to start a 10 minute shake with the red water based coloring.

After a 10 minute shake, looking more homogeneous now.
After 10 minutes, the 15ml glass, and 30ml plastic are mixed well. For 2-reasons: they are lighter and dance/bounce mix more in the shaker; and there is more air space in the smaller bottles, allowing more movement.

After another 10 minute round of shaking… voila! Each of the 60ml bottles are much more homogeneous now too.

I did not do any handshaking whatsoever. If I were to give each of them the swirl, and quick handshake I normally would do to my mixes, they probably would have mixed quicker. However, I didn’t want that handshaking variable in this test.

I will continue using this shaker method. I can set them in the tray, turn it on, and do my cleanup. By the time I’ve cleaned up, they are mixed and ready to taste or go in the cabinet. I’m happy with the results!

4 Likes