Creativity and DIY

Sometimes I walk away, other times I choose to go back and single flavor test some of my flavors I haven’t mixed with in a while. This sometimes breaks the cycle of “what the hell do I mix now?” feeling I get from time to time. Plus, it helps you decide whether or not you really want to keep certain flavors in your stash or mail them off to someone who would like those cast off flavors. :wink:

3 Likes

YUMMY!!!

What mostly happens for me when i get left out on creativity i take the less used flavor in my stash and try to think of something to do with it, Every time i just drop that flavoring and come up with something getting my flavors out. In french we say ‘‘L’appĂ©tit vient en mangeant.’’ Appetite comes eating if that makes any sense hehe.

2 Likes

Smoke a Doobie. Let the munchies guide you.

Ok Ok
that was the 70’s
sorry.

2 Likes

I don’t mix. I just vape and do other stuff until I get the urge to mix. It is the difference between hobby and work. We HAVE to work, we hobby when we want to. There has been occasion when I am taking a break from mixing and am inspired to mix a particular flavor profile. Inspiration returns. Other times I have been taking a break and get an order for some juice from a friend/family/co-worker; I mix it up and then get back to not mixing.
The flavors are there when you are ready to play with them. Don’t worry about it
unless you get the urge to just buy retail juice, then GET BACK TO MIXING.

2 Likes

Agree. Don’t mix.
Just received 34 new bottles of flavoring. No clue where to begin, so I’m
now going to do housework. :frowning:

5 Likes

I spy
a bottle of Hangsen Italian Cream!

1 Like

Oh yeah
 my favorite heavy cream. Love it.

1 Like

20 years ago I’d be right there. It’s 4:20 somewhere.

2 Likes

Ok Superman (x-ray vision reference). How and where?

I don’t have creative blocks. I only mix when I am creative. So I have creative spurts. Kinda the glass is half empty, half full way of looking at it I guess. If I mixed to be mixing and tried to be creative that wouldn’t work for me. So I will just be sitting and vaping and think of something I wish I was vaping and I go make it.

1 Like

LOL
The top of a Hangsen bottle is showing in one of the bags. It is Alisa that introduced me to Italian Cream by sending me a sample of it. I then ordered a 50 ml bottle of it. Its the bottle with the rather large white cap. Unique to Hangsen. It is a wonderfully rich heavy cream flavor. Almost buttery but not quite full butter fat flavor. It’s damned good stuff in a creamy mix.

2 Likes

Ok, will add that to my shopping list when the site goes back up!

1 Like

You could write a Xmas poem for us :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Couldn’t resist - Go experiment and discuss emojis ;D Maybe we should do a poll as JoJo suggested!

19 posts were split to a new topic: Our emojis are boring

I’m no wordsmith dear. Best I can do is:

AFter the tinsel and paper and string,
are all put away until next years’ bling,
Exhausted we are and ready for spring
For now a ‘Good night’ does a Big Smile bring!

I know
 fairly lame. But, it’s how i’M FEElin.
lol

4 Likes

I would typically do as some of the others have said take a break and research what profiles you want with that flavor. I like a few different sites to look at to see flavor combos and to get inspiration !

https://www.smuckers.com/pairings/flavor-pairings

I look at different recipes and like to think about which flavor I have that closely could capture what I’m looking at whether it be a strawberry cream pie or a pineapple orange smoothie.

1 Like

Other than being creative I just look at my random flavors I bought and just throw a hissy fit that I havnt tried them yet. So tomorrow I’m mixing with zen garden FA, hypnotic FA, sweetang tpa, and so on. It will for sure be an interesting week since there wasn’t a ton of info on these flavors.

3 Likes

I just posted some WIP recipes over on this thread with Zen garden. I feel ya there isn’t a lot to go on with that flavor so I did what I do a lot in life I winged it !

1 Like

Think pixie sticks (if you’ve ever had them) and at 5 or 6% of this flavor, you’ve got them; my wife loves the sweet and sour factor, particularly with FA orange.

Have fun!

My phone has a little notebook function that allows me to write when inspiration strikes. I’ll be somewhere and think of a flavor that I want to mix with something else or a combo that I’m enjoying in a meal and jot it down. I also do single flavor tasting sessions of about 50 drops per flavor. The mixture of two flavors in one of these has inspired a new WIP.

I dont get to mix often at all, not creatively, so I just let the ideas pile up and then I jump in an whip out a few blends and some trusty SnVs.

Like LordVapor says, it is a hobby. I never let it stress me.