Our emojis are boring

I looked. There isn’t an emoji for :facepalm

4 Likes

Oh but there soooo should be! :slightly_smiling: :hand: is the closest I could get. LoL. And there needs to be one for the “hhmm…” response. I used to use the confused one, but now it looks funny. :confused:

5 Likes

I hate to say it, but the smiley selection here is kinda bad. Please don’t tell daath I said that. Notice I didn’t say “@daath”!

2 Likes

Hey, I saw that! :stuck_out_tongue: Discourse devs switched our smileys :confused: I liked the old ones better. I think these are called the Twitter emoji set?

1 Like

I was literally JUST reading up on this on the discourse meta…

2 Likes

:wink:

Always lurking around man lol. So the smilies aren’t stored locally on this site?

1 Like

They are, but they get upgraded along with the rest of the forum software when I update… Is this better? :slightly_smiling: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

1 Like

The ones we are using now (EDIT: were using?) are the EmojiOne set. According to the discourse people you can choose from the google, twitter, apple, or emojione in the settings. http://emoji.codes/family Apparently, smileys are a big deal. LoL

2 Likes

Or Apple style: :slightly_smiling: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

2 Likes

For now, I think I’ll leave it at Appe-style emojis… I guess people are used to that? (I’m an Android guy, and I hate google’s emojis :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

I actually liked our old ones a lot!

2 Likes

I still prefer our old ones too.

They took away my Santa emoji. These suck.

Ghetto ass Santa substitute.
:santa:

4 Likes

Awww man. Dad’s gonna bust us again and throw us in a separate thread. I can feel it. :wink:

1 Like

No, I am deleting my posts right now!

1 Like

haha I was just considering moving these smiley posts to a separate thread - Now I wont! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hehe

2 Likes

Dunno, wouldn’t be a bad topic. Since you won’t I’ll just type a sample of every emoji in separate posts, k? I vote for not the Apple ones. I stare at those all day at work… not what I want to come home to.

1 Like

That’s it…I think we need a smiley poll…

6 Likes

Sweet and as new moderator that should be your first task!

Grats!!

2 Likes

Ok, go wild :wink: :smiley: :confused: :boom: :laughing:

2 Likes

ffs…Where’s a damned face palm emoji when you need one? LOL :christmas_tree:

1 Like