CROWN SUBTANK unfrigging real

Yes it’s subjective. I go with the TFV4 because of the dual deck. I hate stock coils if they’re Kanthal or Ni200. I’ll rebuild every 2-3 weeks so it’s really not much over the purchase price. Juice for me is no problem. The vapor from the duals are unmatched. I’m a hardcore vapor and it’s a hardcore tank with softcore options. It disassembles in 4 easy clean pieces and it’s very simple to build. If there was a dual option on the crown I may reconsider. They are a close 1 and 2 in my book.

2 Likes

It’s really apple and oranges with these 2, rebuilds, TFV4 all the way. I was just sayin the whole entire package the crown gets my vote. If I decide to buy another one (RBA not taken into account) I would buy another crown. I don’t want this to turn into a PS4 vs Xbox thing though cause they are both fan-F’ing-tastic!!
You did answer my question though, I was looking for a dual RBA on the crown and really didn’t find an answer so I got the single-
I know you have probably posted this a million times before but @Pro_Vapes where do you buy your Ti and SS coil from? I know you’re a Ti all the way guy but I’m looking for a good vendor

1 Like

I agree with you. Both are stellar tanks. I was just pointing out some features in case someone thought it was difficult tank. Now the Smok Mod is a different story.

3 Likes

So for a beginner like myself, will I have an easier time building on the TFV4? I have heard a few times now that the crown is “difficult”

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Smok TFV4 is a nice tank, but If I’m going for a RBA only tank I’ll pick a true RTA over a TFV4 any day of the week for better clouds and flavor, but the smok TFV4 had a lot of nice options in stock coils , just too expensive and don’t last very long, my crown coils last a month compared to 2-9 days on the SMOK, they’re both awesome tanks don’t get me wrong but I take all factors of a tank into consideration, and just think the crown is a little more practical

4 Likes

Can you show your coil with the cap off so we can see the coil config. From this view it looks awesome.

1 Like

my next build…

2 Likes

I’m also going to try a parallel vert, see if I can get the ohms down as low as possible. I’ll post some pics tomorrow of the parallel

1 Like

Yep my issue is wrapping the wicking well in very. Coil.
If like to see how ya wicked it ;]

1 Like

It’s tricky, and I’m not the best cool wrapper but you can kind of see the method here and have to make sure the wrap. From the bottom from the top cannot touch the coil

3 Likes

I have to agree the Crown Tank with the 0.25 ohm coil head is something special, it’s just a great vape. I was late to the game regarding this tank, but real glad I bought one.

5 Likes

Thanks for the pic,and nice job. Did Donald help or was he just hangin out?

1 Like

Very cool, someday I’ll figure out a simple wicking method for vertical coils builds.

Nice job! Was thinking of trying the Vertical Coil the next time I build on my Crown. Just out of curiousity, what kind of wire did you use and the guage?

Arsenal wire, 24 ga and the easiest way to wick it is to put the cap on and stuff shreds of cotton down around the coil and into the holes

3 Likes

Ahh reminds me of why I stopped with my vertical builds. My coils somehow would always shift the slightest bit and that would create a short in my coils. Sad thing is, I liked the idea of them.

1 Like

Looks like 6 wraps, is that correct? Yes, I would also wick it that way. That is the main reason I want to try the Vertical Coil since I always wind up having trouble wicking on one side when coiling it horizontal. Vertical will allow you to just wick around the sides very easily in a circular motion. EASY !!! The one thing I am wondering though is being I will need a spaced coil, will I have enough room up and down with cap installed. I have 26g Ti wire coming. That should help hopefully…

Yes it’s 6 wraps but essentially you could do 7-8, there’s a good amount of clearance from the top of the deck to the top of the cap, and as long as you don’t touch the deck with the bottom of the coil it should work just fine, it took me about 2 try’s before I got it right, it’s a lot of fine tuning but the hardest part of the wrap is the bottom to the top, use a screwdriver or something to make sure it doesn’t touch the coil (flathead to apply thin space when bending the coil up) and I bent it on the screwdriver which saved a lot of my issues, it takes a little getting used to but it wicks awesomely, no leakage or dry hits

2 Likes