CROWN SUBTANK unfrigging real

I’m having wicking issues, no dry hits its that I can seem to not get leaking when using top fill.
Anyone have suggestions / a wicking method that’s not having these issues? Please do tell

1 Like

Sorry I don’t completely follow you? You’re have leaking issues when using the top fill?

1 Like

Yes, for some reason I’m loosing like the bottom 5-10% when top filling so I’ve bee filling upside down.
I guess all I can do is try more cotton.

1 Like

are you closing the airflow when filling?

2 Likes

Yes, & but once open I tend to loose that bottom amount.it’s not the lose of liquid but the mess it makes.
I you all’s rba base is there a o-ring above the threads on the rba? By chance.

1 Like

yes I have an oring

2 Likes

Hmm…
Once I empty this tank I’m gonna clean the rba & take a photo just to make sure I’m not missing a part from the factory.I thi k there’s a missing oring

1 Like

you should have a pack of extra orings under the plastic holder the rba came in

2 Likes

Yep if there’s an o ring above thread I think that’s my issue, I’ll know in a few hours after I empty this g.Custard clone :)…
Thanks for the help @quitter

2 Likes

Got to admit, now that I have the Crown Tank, I really am digging it. Course it helps immensely using it on top of the IPV4s (Thanks for the Recommendation). Look how quickly things change. Just 16 days ago you were looking to have time to do some Ni200 coils. Now you’re trying to think of what you’re gonna do with the Ni200 wire you’ll never use…

5 Likes

You already know the answer to that question yourself! JEWELRY! You can give him lots of ideas, I’m sure! You did that back in the day, right?

2 Likes

I made some jewelry, yes, BUT nickle is not a metal I would ever use in jewelry making. 10-15% of the population is allergic to wearing nickle. Just the small smidgen in sterling silver (don’t know the amount but sterling silver contains 92,5% silver. The rest is a mix) is enough for people to break out in rashes and the like…No, I would not recommend that. Guess I would tell him to do what I’m doing with mine,. Find a spot to put it and hope some day I figure out some use for it (Or trash it during a spring clean up).

2 Likes

Dang it! Oh well, @Pro_Vapes probably isn’t looking for another hobby anyway!

2 Likes

I agreeeee lol
Although a GIANT AMOUNT of people as still thinking that titanium is wrong to Vape I could sell them my nickel lol

4 Likes

I have the crown subtank, and still say it’s number one in the subtank world, I’ve tried all the new ones including the TFV4 and the cyclone, and still reach for my crown over these.
The rba is a little tricky, but fairly easy to use, I have put a vertical coil in mine that is identical in width to the air hole, I wrapped the coil installed it vertically then put the rba cap on and stuffed a bunch of shredded cotton into it, I really packed it against those holes and all the way to the top of the coil.

Result: at .5 ohms, this is incredible and much better than horizontal build, more airflow more flavor at 40-45 watts, if you haven’t tried it you need to

8 Likes

do you have a pic I’d like to try a vert!!!

1 Like

I agree with you, although I can’t speak to the rba, the crown is my top tank. People say hands down the TVF4 is better than the crown but I disagree. It may be better with some things but I’m taking in to account the whole picture from ease of cleaning, price on stock coils, juice consumption, the whole 9…for me I like the crown and it’s my go to. The TFV4 is a bad ass tank don’t get me wrong but it’s like having a Lamborghini…you wouldn’t really use it as you’re everyday/all year car when you have a economical car in your garage, make sense? :wink:

I love them both though!

1 Like

I think the crown is the best as well but in my case I only use the RBA. In fact never even tried the stock coils. Use mine with Ti wire, IPV4s, in TC mode. It’s the bomb…

2 Likes

I just ordered the RBA but I’ve been using the. 25 ss coils and not only do they taste great they last for ages! I’m only on my second coil since buying it, they last about 2 months. The only reason I changed it is because it was black and I didn’t know what that would do to my lungs, otherwise it was still going! Haha which is pretty impressive in my opinion

3 Likes

That’s the other difference for me on the crown vs the TFV4 is all the crown’s coils are SS and a fraction of the cost of smok’s. I just snagged 10 crown coils for $20 vs 4 TFV4 coils for like $30…I know not a lot of people don’t buy their coils but I still do and will when I get my RBAs I still will because 8 months out of the year I am so busy I can’t even find time to eat, let alone twist…So that’s another factor I take in the overall account

1 Like