Custard order

DIYFS Holy resurrection
MF Vanilla (for me not a stand alone but can be a nice booster)

Unfortunately, I’m a “pepper taster” (thanks @fidalgo_vapes for that :rofl:) so I can’t comment on the vbic flavors, the ones I’ve tried are all peppery to me. Which is funny because I couldn’t find a proper black pepper taste when I was lookiing for one.

11 Likes

that is the one i ended up ordering. most ppl said the same thing.

6 Likes

Hey mate, yes I know she does through the site she mentioned, but others have suggested available online retailers so the choices should have expanded hopefully.

5 Likes

Are you thinking of TPA’s FV Deluxe? Caps offers a FV v2, but no Deluxe…

6 Likes

Since it hasn’t been mentioned yet Flavorah VC is damn good also.

7 Likes

Whoops, thanks TZ… yes I am. TPA FV deluxe and/or CAP French Vanilla v1.
My bad! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Most custards I can smell the pepper before I even open the freaking bottle. Caps being the worst for me. My go to’s are FA prem and Inawera they also compliment each other beautifully. It’s hard to suggest which is “best” for someone as we all have different tastes, but those two for me are tops.

7 Likes

I think I tasted the pepper is flavour art custard peppery? Cuz I made a what I thought would be a good butterscotch custard with that and I tried it yesterday and blahhh!! Am I right?

So, did I ruin my butterscotch custard? Or can I add cap vanilla custard? What do I do?

4 Likes

CAP has a deluxe now? Do you mean TPA?

6 Likes

I’m not Deb but FA Custard has a lemon note. I haven’t heard anyone complain about pepper notes to that one but anything is possible. Some vanilla flavors cause a pepper-like taste to some people. I get it in CAP French Vanilla but it steeps out after 3 days or so.

It’s hard to know if you “ruined” your mix if we can’t see the recipe. Are you able to use the recipe side of the forum and start building your recipes? From there you can link the recipe over here to the forum side. Like this, for instance:

5 Likes

I have never heard of anyone tasting pepper with FA custard and ive never tasted the Pepper…The pepper taste from some flavors tupically TPA is like having actual Black Pepper in your recipe

For Me their are so many better choices than that FA Custard to pair with Butterscotch

6 Likes

Vanilla custard II TPA and INW custard along with FA Premium Custard ooohh WF Vanilla custard… if it’s custard I want it LOL

7 Likes

Cheating on your pudding shame on you

7 Likes

hahahah well it’s not really a custard… but it does go in most of my custards … love ya Fiddy!

6 Likes

I’m a pepper taster. I remember when I first started mixing, Cap VC was the go to custard. I didn’t understand why I found it so unpleasant until I realized I was tasting pepper. I just tried a mix I made with LB VIC today at 3.5% and all I got was BP. That being said, both FA custards, Inw, Flv and the new TPA VCII are just fine by me.

6 Likes

Indeed I did @muth . TZ picked up my mistake yesterday, but thank you for being on the ball too as I was obviously having a senior moment… lol

5 Likes

Yeah mate, I was surprised as it seems to be in almost everything!!!

Biggest reason I can’t mix most of your recipes @authormichellehughes , they just don’t sell the pudding in big enough containers here. Even if they did, I would need a bank loan to pay for it. Not cheap at all over here.

5 Likes

K i still don’t know everything about this site I can’t link anything on a good day so I screenshot my recipie that I made that tastes like pepper here it is

3 Likes

My private recipes are for the simple reason until I at least feel they are good enough to list , alot of them need steep time I don’t want to risk someone actually mixing it and it be shit. I would not feel good about that. So until I know what they are like they’ll stay that way.

4 Likes

Caps v1 with Flavorah VC at 2/1 with FA Marshmallow as a sweetener was always a hit with me for an enjoyable custard base.

9 Likes