Dalstrong Gladiator Series Knife Block Set

Thanks to some p33r pressuring with

AXE PICS (yes, AXE pics) from the Dalstrong Gladiator series from @Pastorfuzz, and some older, current knives needing a break, decided to pick up a 12 piece box set. Not their highest end, but guess what, I"m not a commercial chef, so, hehe.

Great packaging, and because I DO own a “Wicked Edge” sharpening system, I DO know what a Wicked Edge is. Out of the box, you COULD easily loose a digit or two, so they are wicked sharp, right from the factory from Dalstong. My previous set was a very old Wusthof Classic set, which is, and was a great set. We’ll see how this younger/newer player in the industry fares …

14 Likes

Very nice S.D. I still have some of my Grandfather’s butchering knives, sharpening steel and clever, they are very heavy and one of them looks just like a machete. They are very old but still razor sharp and do their job as intended,

8 Likes

Sometimes the old knives are the good ones @Lucas_James_Holden.

7 Likes

Yes they are mate. It’s like the old saying goes “many a good tune is played on an old fiddle”

6 Likes

Nice! That’s some Samurai/Iron Chef shit right there!

7 Likes

@SessionDrummer Looks like a great set. You should have a great time cutting just about anything you like. Congrats !!

4 Likes

Beautiful set of cutlery.

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer Dalstrong makes some quality stuff. I’m a butcher/chef by trade and absolutely love their products. I have german/japanese knives that cost 3-4 times more but I always reach for the Dalstrong from the knife bag. They’re weighted correctly, they keep an edge forever, and they’re extremely durable. Nice purchase!

7 Likes

Well in THAT case, I defer to you Sir. In our house (currently) Wusthof out, Dalstrong in. Pretty impressive for the money, AND, not even the Shogun series at that. Thank you @Wyckmix.

3 Likes

Beautiful set of knives!!

6 Likes

Now you need to get off some cash and grab some cleavers!
They’re excellent IMO
Especially the AX

5 Likes

@Pastorfuzz I’m ALREADY in danger with these paper slicing blades. God knows what would happen if I got that one you got LOL !!!

6 Likes

Getting cut by a truly sharp knife is…interesting. About a month ago I partially cut the tip of my thumb with the custom knife that my former boss’s father made for me. I just had it re-sharpened after about 1 1/4 years of use. It was right at the end of a long veggie cutting session and I lost focus. Though I bled like crazy, the cut was so clean I was able to clean it, secure the partial tip back to my thumb and after about 3 weeks it grew back together and looks great.
I hope you really enjoy the new knife set.

6 Likes

You need to get all three of the big ass cleavers to compete the set.
Don’t be a Mary!

5 Likes

Wow @Cary1 I’m not sure if that story helps or hurts !!!

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

You know @SessionDrummer , I just looked up the Wicked Edge sharpeners.
Prices up to $1000.00 ?
Looks like a nice setup but I’d have to sell a nut to get one.
I think I’ll stick to my whetstones.
I have the Dalstrong stones and they work great.
Someday, maybe, I’ll master them

4 Likes

Yeah @Pastorfuzz that’s why I can’t afford the Shogun Set. I forget where I got it from, I don’t think I paid for it outright, I think someone owed me some cash or something. Those Dalstrong wetstones look nice, and simpler, PROVIDED you can get the angle(s) and pressure right.

4 Likes

That’s the big issue and a good knife can easily be ruined if you don’t know what you’re doing when sharpening. I miss the old iron mongers shops where you could take your knifes, saws and even lawnmower blades to be sharpened, sadly they are a rarity these days.:cry:

5 Likes

That’s why I have to take my time.
I try and get the 15 to 18 degree on them.
So far so good. I have a cool little magnetic tool that has a degree scale on it.
Use to use it to set the vacuum pull offs on carburetors back in the day.
It works slick for sharpening knives on a whetstone.
I’ll send you a pic when I get home this weekend.
It’s still available from Snap-On

4 Likes

I am a big fan of Dalstrong knives. I have some gladiator and some shogun series. They are quality made and I enjoy using them.

4 Likes