DC Rally Who is goin?

I would really like to go to this rally. The problem is; I don’t have the means. I don’t have a vehicle that will make the trip From Michigan (which is a short drive of about 500 or so miles). I also don’t have the money but if anybody from Michigan is going or wants to go I will borrow money and help pay for gas.

I am hoping that people from other States want to go and can hook up with a rideshare through this thread.

I haven’t had much hope. I know the realities. Money talks and bullshit walks. That my friends is what this is whole thing is about. I don’t believe in hope really. It is a good way to feel pain and frustration. Two emotions that I strive to avoid but damnit, I can’t help it. I am Hopefull.

9 Likes

@Dan_the_Man are you on the book of face mate?

United Vapers Alliance

Is a group run by the vaping legion (rally organizers) If you can jump on there are carpool and bus posts in the group you may be able to snag yourself a lift.

7 Likes

Thanks bro.

I really Hate the Book of Face. I haven’t always but I don’t like the guy that “invented” even though he stole it more than anything but I digress. (always wanted to say that lol) but I digress. Ha ha ha.

I get on there sometimes but I forget about it and then I get embarrassed for the people that put how they are “feeling” on there and air out there dirty laundry.

Thanks again. I’ll go take a look.

3 Likes

I’m only up in DE @Dan_the_Man but stuck working. :frowning:

2 Likes

I feel ya bro. Though, that is a problem I wouldn’t mind having. I am not sure how but I’m pretty sure I sabotage myself whenever I might be successful.

2 Likes

No go here. I’m working. I hate DC. I’m no fan of crowds, screaming people, or the smell of politicians. I think it would be an all around mistake for this Ogre to go.

6 Likes

Are they inedible?

Me too!!! but I thought I could make a sacrifice.

2 Likes

They are inedible. I tried cleaning one once. Literally a sack of shit. No spine, nothing.

6 Likes

Oh NO @SmilingOgre, that is exactly why you SHOULD go (I can’t speak for you, I can’t even make it).

OGRES are EXACTLY what this movement needs more OF !!!

IMO.

3 Likes

There’s merit to that train of thought but I’ve been working very hard the last few years to be a kinder, gentler, Ogre, whatever the hell that is.

5 Likes

I hear you Ogre, just sayin’.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Looks like my grandpa Joe. He’d laugh like that he told us lil Ogres jokes.

4 Likes

I had every intention of going and then my mom’s pain management doctor called and said he finally got her approved for a back surgery that involves putting a chip at the base of her spine. She’s having that surgery this week and family ALWAYS comes first so I will be here helping her recuperate.

6 Likes

Yep…

2 Likes

Many of us may not be able to be there, but in this war (one of ideas, and over human liberty) spirit counts:

Source: https://media.giphy.com/media/E5E3PqJmfR0C4/giphy.gif

Ownership of personal body and mind in exercising autonomous agency is an enduring universal right not be subverted and exploited in the service of corporate profits and state revenues. If (“they”) are so willing to deliberately deceive the public about this (public health/safety) stuff, one can reasonably ask at what level of relative importance/severity such speciously crafted dishonesty in corporate funded government and media would ever cease ? Gil Scott-Heron wrote, “if they knew the truth, why would they tell you ?” Assume nothing.

7 Likes

I agree, but I would really like to be there.

well put

5 Likes

Hi Dan, I live in the EU (Austria) and as much as I’d like to go to the rally - I can’t. But I’d love to help. Is it possible to safely transfer money from my bank account to the US (can’t afford more than € 100, -)? Numbers matter in DC and if I could help you to make it to the rally I’d love to do that. Cheers.

10 Likes

I love this community and that means you too @Ruana. I sent you a PM concerning your generous offer.

3 Likes

I’m almost afraid to watch the news on the DC rally. I am just hoping and praying it’s not a herd of cloud chasers looking all bad and cool sucking on mods painted with skulls and other sundry dead and otherworldly dark images. Ya, they probably have better information to decimate that 90% of the general public but 90% of the general public is going to look at that and think, holy crap, what kind of cult is this?

6 Likes