DC Rally Who is goin?

I’m hoping that the public finally sees and understands that the majority is a group of 30-70-somethings. NOT what is most commonly seen in all of the cloud blowing crap that was reflected on YouTub, and cherry picked by the media.

5 Likes

No doubt. You know damn well the media will cherry pick the event as well. This is what I expect to see:

4 Likes

Yeah, and when they interview someone they’ll surely pick an outlier, eyebrow pierced, wool hat, ear gauges, and a mod the size of a car battery.
Not Matt from SMM or Wayne from Diyordie.
Either way I hope there’s lots of footage.
And if Dan goes I hope he’ll cover it in his own way, that could be a hoot.

3 Likes

I guess it all will remain to be seen who goes and who doesn’t… I can’t. I wish I had a way.
Even if I did, my son has therapy and his intern with the hospital. I am supporting the idea tho… will have to watch for it in the news… best I can do.

2 Likes

I noticed (well before I myself took up vaporous pursuits) that “vaping” was often being cast in the eyes of the popular media (and thus many lumpen bozos tethered to its flighty dicta) as some kind of a marginal and “greasy” Nicotinic sub-strata populated by younger “fools” (often plastered with tattoos and sporting nose and tounge-rings). The flavorings having laughable names as goofy as cannabis strains (ie, “Unicorn Puke”) probably did not help matters - but I think perhaps that generations have had the (mostly pure “whitebread”) Madison Avenue Model of the invincible story-book “macho cowboy” (or the “savvy, svelte bachelorette”) engaging in Tobacco combustion (or chewing) as “individuality personified” - while any deviation from that in reality highly toxic trail (ie, “vaping”) being somehow cast as more emblematic of the “molecular enslavement of feckless morons”. We are but “pawns in their game” of the “media massagers”, consuming their despites.

IMO, nobody summed-up the game of modern media information warfare like the brilliant Marshall McLuhan:

Ads are carefully designed by the Madison Avenue frog-men-of-the-mind for semiconscious exposure. … Madison Avenue is a very powerful aggression against private consciousness. A demand that you yield your private consciousness to public manipulation.

Environments are not just containers, but are processes that change the content totally. …
We become what we behold. We shape our tools, and thereafter our tools shape us.

The more the data banks record about each one of us, the less we exist.

Politics offers yesterday’s answers to today’s questions. … Politics will eventually be replaced by imagery. The politician will be only too happy to abdicate in favor of his image, because the image will be much more powerful than he could ever be.

World War III is a guerrilla information war with no division between military and civilian participation.

Class in society is determined by voice

Only the vanquished remember history.

… and as we know (quite ironically), “history is written by the winners”.

5 Likes

roflmao… good old Madison Avenue… yeah buddy!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Subconscious desires…

“Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night
Blinded by the light”

haha!! is that not the truth? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Marketing 101 - make them feel they can not go too long with out buying something!
supply and demand makes a market… without either, you have nothing!

2 Likes

Ya ain’t shit if ya ain’t got one !:stuck_out_tongue:

Be the first one on your block … to have your son come home in a box !
-Country Joe McDonald

3 Likes

and that was a crying shame… :cry:

2 Likes

And of course, it still is - with the voluntary forces largely composed of children of the poor and marginalized.

3 Likes

I agree on both points. I’ve had numerous high school age people express that the adolescents that are vaping are considered real losers. Good for curbing youth use but again missing the mark of the value of vaping. I can’t throw stones as I rode bike for over 40 years and hung with 1%ers and enjoyed the lifestyle. At the same time, I can’t deny believing that the presentation of a lot of our liquids and gear does nothing to endear our practice to the general public. That’s the battleground isn’t it? Public support is what is being fought over. Marketing is no doubt a very advanced manipulation of the human psyche. I’m often amazed at the worthless junk I want to pick up and drag home. Unfortunately, all that is academic at this point. We are now in the trenches and have the tools we have wrought. No time for a makeover.

5 Likes

Sort of a Therapeutic Surveillance Nanny State version of “Hitler Youth” - publicly led (to my eternal chagrin) by Demos - with the Repubs passively cashing-in (as opposed to protesting). All that lofty “Libertarian” talk dissolves when their cash-cows might be endangered. Class-warfare via thinly concealed bigoted overtones

4 Likes

The upside is now you found FLV you are mostly sub 1% :rofl:

On cloud chucking and media at the rally, there are designated media reps (they will have armbands) if you are going to the rally it is recommended if the media approach you keep it simple and say “WE VAPE WE VOTE” and direct them to an armband. It is also requested that there be no cloud chucking and certainly no cloud chucking while the media may be filming you.

6 Likes

Kind of hard to imagine what kind of rank toady-ism, subservient fealty, and blabbered loyalty oaths would appeal to a politic reduced to an autocratic, depraved, and massively distracted “audience of one” in DC - or, for that matter, to a gaggle of goose-stepping, tobacco-settlement-monies addicted, “soul saving” and trough-loving legislative and policy-making glory hogs. Nicotine has become cannon-fodder for petty tyrants.

This socio-political (Nicotine) imbroglio - where throngs of competent adults are compelled to beg DC to simply live their own damn lives, free from the malignant fetters of mass infantilization of the populace via newspeak, gaslighting, corrupted-media carnival barkings - is highly reminiscent of the manufactured plight of severe and intractable Chronic Pain sufferers. The amorphous/abstruse and pseudo-psychiatric moniker of “addiction” has become fully weaponized (by opportunistic, self-dealing master power and profit players).

1 Like

And Smoky knows marketing!! :rofl:

Any suggestions? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Moral Avatar and Role Model for generations to come, who can deny the Omniscient Gilded “Trump Bump”:

Source: https://d39fcn8tq5qc3k.cloudfront.net/44eaae9b-bc9d-4bcc-88c7-f8aa81e777d0.jpeg

Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEOnui_XUAMZLsp.jpg

Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ckt4OnJUoAAlCVu.jpg

Source: https://i.imgur.com/WmLTsaP.jpg

4 Likes

Beat them till they beg for more ?? Correct answer?? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I never could find a ride…

2 Likes

They moved my moms surgery until the 18th because of the plague in my house that got her sick and on antibiotics … unfortunately I still have a house full of people with the plague and sick and I still can’t go. I really wanted to be there. Hoping that we have a huge turn out and people see a positive

3 Likes

Yes Maam …no argument from me

4 Likes

Just had this roll into my inbox from CASAA:
(for those of us who are chomping at the bit waiting for live streams)

I should add, this is assumed to be EST.
CST would be 12p (noon).

3 Likes