DC Rally Who is goin?

Relax and enjoy an elegant, cool Cult 45 until the swamp fever seizures pass:

3 Likes

I sure hope someone out there will take lots of pictures and videos… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

VapnFagan is live now…

(only one I’ve found so far, though they’re still getting ready)

5 Likes

MikeVapes is live now…

4 Likes

Mike is having connection issues (at least for me), Fagan has too much chatter…

ST Vapes is live (and seems to have a good stream)

6 Likes

Lisa’s personal recounting and shared story was phenomenal!! :tada:

3 Likes

I see clouds! :hugs: looks like a decent turn out?? Hard to say…

4 Likes

Some high points and a couple “less than ideal” moments. But overall, and more than anything, I’m anxious to see where the media takes this.

I kept hoping for an aerial shot… But that was a foolish hope (due to proximity to the WH and monument I’m sure)… Though I expect we’ll have one from Google earth in the next few days lol.
Either that, or one through “approved channels”.

Ah well.

5 Likes

Im watching the last one you posted now… just at Lisa’s testimony…

me too…

4 Likes

I have my fingers crossed that they take us all serious…

it’s not about the shops, or the buying and selling… its about us… as individuals, coming together as a community for what we enjoy. If they are able to take our flavors and juice… hardware… what the hell is next?

4 Likes

Vaping Legion

3 Likes

4,000 I hear

3 Likes

My ancient Opera browser on WinXP has not the codecs to view the various video streams linked-to in the thread. What I can see (the “cover images”) shows only one solitary vaping cloud. Are organizers (for the demonstration affirming the people’s right to vape) instructing the attending demonstrators not to vape ? That would be an irony ! (If so), perhaps understandable - but emblematic of a powerful cultural imagery.

4 Likes

Not at all.

5 Likes

K-light codex pack is what you need Raven… do a search and it will hook you up.

3 Likes

Smoky, I have K-Lite Codecs 13.8.5 (Standard). All of the later versions (a while back) were reported to contain (troubling) “malware” gremlins (according to Google’s VirusTotal scans). What particular (version number of) K-Lite Codecs release are you yourself using recently ? (As well), will they run on Win XP ?

Also curious as to what a VirusTotal scan says about the K-Lite Coded installer that you have executed ?

2 Likes

mmm will have to check… hang on.

This is the version I have… and I only download from this site:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/k_lite_codec_pack_full.html

I have had zero issues

2 Likes

Ah, It does not appear to support Win XP. That was (apparently) the dominant issue - it’s been around a year since I have thought about it. I now see from the related documentation:

Current version does not support Windows XP anymore. The last version of the codec pack that works on XP is 13.8.5 .

I downloaded 15.2.4 (the latest) - although one can also just specify the URL to VirusTotal - and it tests 100% clean on all of the various “malware detectors” polled. Nice to know !

To your statements (below). All my of my resident software is XP (and not clear if run-able on Win 10). Am going to have to get a new machine before long. Looking at VMware virtual machine running (of XP) within a Win 10 or Linux system. The thought of (the nightmare known as) Win 10 is utterly revolting to me - and the effort and headaches of learning and dealing with configuring a Linux system runs close behind. I am such “DIY person” that I insist on understanding and controlling all of the “details” (massive efforts + headaches).

Ugh … :grimacing:

3 Likes

Unless you are willing to give up xp… or just go to linux… :wink:

2 Likes

@Raven-Knightly I’ve still got XP, Win 7, and W10 running, and YES, W10 sucks a$$.

3 Likes